Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: Which exhaust should I get?
Gibson performance: you like it - you buy it 2 5.13%
Dynomax VT: or maybe you like this- and buy this 1 2.56%
Corsa: save money- its worth it 8 20.51%
None of these: there is better exhaust for what your a looking for 28 71.79%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
bitinas

Drives: 2011 camaro 2LT
advice needed choosing exhaust for dd v6

hey guys and gals, I need your advice deciding witch exhaust should I get for my camaro. I have 2011 v6 and use it as a daily driver. I probably have watched millions of youtube clips trying to decide which exhaust I like the most. But it's not as easy as I thought it will be. I have done some other mods on my car: got a rear spoiler, different front grille, stripes. But it was easy to choose, because I was choosing by appearance. One spoiler just looked nicer than others to me, so I bought it. But with the exhaust - I have to choose by the sound. What makes it even more difficult that I have to choose by the sound from video clips. In the perfect world I would have the same v6 with all different exhaust systems, so I could easily decide which I like the most. Since I can't do that, I ask your help. After all this forum is for sharing info

So from all video watching and reviews reading I came down to 3 options. 1st on my list is gibson performance axle-back. great price, no complains about drone, nice deep sound. 2nd is dynomax vt axle back exhaust. good price, no drone, not too loud at idle, but louder than stock when you want them to be. 3rd is corsa cat back exhaust. Best sound of all, no drone, but really expensive compared to my other options.

if I would not look at the price, I would by corsa. But now realistically I'm choosing between gibson and dynomax. And now here you all guys came to my help Please share your opinion, experience and thoughts of these exhaust. Anything that might be helpful for making my decision. I want to by exhaust this Monday.
Thanks in advance
Old 07-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
I like my SOLO cat-back, but I have also heard in person and like MRT 2.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
Dacannon

Drives: 2010 ABM 2LTRS, E46 330XI
Heard the MRT both versions in person I prefer those.
Dacannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Mrt just give it some time to mellow
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
I'd go with MRT V2 all over again!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
If I had the money at the time I would have went with the Corsa. I went with the MRT 2.0 and haven't regretted it.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
The best setup is with flowmaster axleback with a magnaflo res x-pipe. Caution do not get the FM's without the x-p or it will sound terrible about 2k rpm. With the FM and XP its the best sound around that gets better with age. Deep smooth sound with no tin can ricey sound.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #8
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Solo Cat back ! you save a lot of weight and $ ! And tunable so you get no drone !
Old 07-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #9
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Guys, he doesn't care about MRT or Solo. He wants opinions on the three choices he's narrowed it down to.

OP, I am in the same boat as you, and am looking at the Dynomax VT as well. Sorry, I can't help you with firsthand experience, though.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #10
bitinas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Guys, he doesn't care about MRT or Solo. He wants opinions on the three choices he's narrowed it down to.

OP, I am in the same boat as you, and am looking at the Dynomax VT as well. Sorry, I can't help you with firsthand experience, though.
It's not that I don't care, I'm open to all suggestions, but I would really like to get more info about gibson, dynomax and corsa.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #11
bitinas

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
The best setup is with flowmaster axleback with a magnaflo res x-pipe. Caution do not get the FM's without the x-p or it will sound terrible about 2k rpm. With the FM and XP its the best sound around that gets better with age. Deep smooth sound with no tin can ricey sound.
I'm new at this exhaust stuff, so can someone tell me if I can use magnaflow Resonated X-pipe with any kind/brand axle-back exhaust? and is it legal in illinois, will I pass emission test? this is what I found: http://www.ehow.com/info_12005394_re...est-pipes.html
thanks

Last edited by bitinas; 07-15-2013 at 10:50 AM.
bitinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #12
Jspetree

Drives: 2011 ls camaro.
I have the corsa and i obsolutely love it! It's perfect! There is no drone whatsoever, and it gets LOUD when i want it to be, but if im just driving normally its not a nuisance. I would recommend spending the extra money and buying the corsa! You really wont regret it!

2011 Camaro ls, American Racing Phantom 20" wheels, Oracle color shift halos, black rally stripes and gill stripes, painted front and rear bowties
Jspetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #13
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
you want to save for corsa.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #14
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Add another SOLO owner to the list! IMO, hands down best sounding V6 Camaro exhaust

Tags
axle back, corsa, dynomax, exhaust, gibson