Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-18-2009, 08:41 PM   #15
Mike24

Drives: 2008 Chevy Avalanche,
What % is the GM supplier discount?
Mike24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:06 PM   #16
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike24 View Post
What % is the GM supplier discount?
I'm not sure on the percent but on a 2SS it's $1,000
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:54 PM   #17
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
no official word yet???

no GM documents showing that the GMS pricing is a go?
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #18
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
We definitely need a sticky for dealers honoring discounts. Dealers who are willing to go the extra mile and give the best deal to their customers should be rewarded!
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #19
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
no official word yet???

The only thing that even gives hope on this is on the credit union discount program the "concept camaro" is listed as eligible. If this is true then if you are a member of qualifying credit union you should get the supplier pricing...that is if your dealership honors this. Mine claims he will if it is available when the Camaro arrives, but I can sense his fingers crossed behind his back.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:23 PM   #20
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Yes it would be - I'd sign up for THAT ONE!
I know you are being sarcastic - we both know, and anyone who works for a dealer knows that discounts will be far and few between.

The camaro hasn't even started to be advertised - a dealer would rather keep a car then take any loss considering how hot the car is, and will be.

Muzi has 2 camaros still available for pre-orders. We had people ask for discounts on the camaro if they order one. (we sent them away unless they pay MSRP)

That's my opinion...

Good for you if you get a discount from a dealer directly - GM Dealers DO NOT have to honor GMS

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #21
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
The only thing that even gives hope on this is on the credit union discount program the "concept camaro" is listed as eligible. If this is true then if you are a member of qualifying credit union you should get the supplier pricing...that is if your dealership honors this. Mine claims he will if it is available when the Camaro arrives, but I can sense his fingers crossed behind his back.
GM announced at the last IDL that the camaro would be eligible for all GM incentives from day 1.. to bad we dont know what those incentives are yet.
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #22
Ry4nVan

Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
Called the dealership today. They told me that they understand that GM is allowing the discounts... however the General Manager will no not allow it anymore. I shook the mans hand on the deal October 13th, 2008. He waited until my order was pulled, and production starts on my Camaro next week to finally tell me that "No, we are not allowing discounts on the Camaro anymore"

I thought dealerships were struggling to stay a float?
Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:05 AM   #23
g_ace

Drives: ????
Military Discount

First Post on the board and I have a question.

I understand that Chevy offers a Military Discount. As of right now only the 2008 and 2009 cars are listed. I am trying to hold off and crossing my fingers that they add the 2010 models so that I can finally go and take it from a dream to a reality.

So does anyone know if Chevy will add the 2010 models to this list.
g_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:00 AM   #24
espo19047

Drives: Impala
Send a message via AIM to espo19047
You guys all know the pricing for this car is a fantastic value. The market will dictate when it is time to discount the Camaro. Many of these dealers are only getting a handfull of Camaros so they are going to try to get what they can for them. Some of the people who ordered the Camaro will not see theirs until summer. If you do not want to pay msrp you should just wait. Right now there is a long line willing to pay msrp. That can change anytime hopefully for GM it stays at msrp for a long time.
espo19047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:34 AM   #25
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
no official word yet???

Addressed this issue yesterday. GMS, supplier and military discounts will be offered by GM. Keep in mind that any particular dealer is not obligated by GM to honor the discount. As of yesterday (3/19) there has been no official posting of the discount amounts because GM is in the process of revamping their site. The site to go to is gmfamilyfirst.com. Phone 800-235-4646 or for Marketing division 800-950-2438. Be advised gmfamilyfirst.com requires ID. Hope this helps and please share what ever info becomes available.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:40 AM   #26
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by espo19047 View Post
You guys all know the pricing for this car is a fantastic value. The market will dictate when it is time to discount the Camaro. Many of these dealers are only getting a handfull of Camaros so they are going to try to get what they can for them. Some of the people who ordered the Camaro will not see theirs until summer. If you do not want to pay msrp you should just wait. Right now there is a long line willing to pay msrp. That can change anytime hopefully for GM it stays at msrp for a long time.
What was your initial allocation?
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:12 AM   #27
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
I find it comical that people actually think that $5,000 off MSRP on a car that just came out (kind of) is going to happen from day one. I know, the economy blah blah blah, but really? We should all be happy that some dealers are only charging MSRP. I remember when the PT Cruiser came out it was taking like $10K over. Same with the VW Beetle. The Challengers were taking $20-$25K when they came out. Why is it that everyone gets angry when there's a premium on a car like this? Not that I would pay it or anything, but this is a hot car with very high demand, and Lord knows it's more important than the PT Cruiser, VW Beetle, or Challenger...Just my humble opinion.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:04 AM   #28
espo19047

Drives: Impala
Send a message via AIM to espo19047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac1 View Post
What was your initial allocation?
27 but we bought all the assets from a local dealer that closed. We also will get the car that they were going to get. We now have over 30 in the system sold. We have 3 for March and 7 in April not counting the 2 they are giving us.
espo19047 is offline   Reply With Quote