Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #57
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Toast View Post
So I'm looking to buy my first new car, always been a fan of camaros. I'm planning on getting a 2014 but I see a lot of people talking bad about it. What's up with all the hate? In a few years from now are people gona be saying why did I get the 14?
...no, only let your own likes and taste decide what is right for you. Tell the others to forget themselves....
Old 10-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #58
HOJO

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE 1967 Camaro
Love the 10-13 look, awsome ride. I just took delivery on my 14 SS 1LE last week. Like i said, 10-13 are awsome looking but (I) preferred the updated look. Go with what trips your trigger dude. Like 2011 ss/rs said, its your money. Either way they are bad a** machines.
HOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #59
Ides of March

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
I love my car, 2ls 14, blue ray metallic. I wanted a base model with nothing in it and that's what I got. I saw the 13's, and I do like those tail lights bit I like line too, and who cares for real their lights. The 14 any way you go v6 or v8 is one of the best looking cars I have seen. 14's always my head turn before I got one.
Ides of March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #60
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
the 14 front end is much more aggressive then the previous and the tail lights (LS and Z/28) are similar to a 69 Camaro so they make perfect sense. I just got my 14 1LS last week and I love it! BTW Ashen Gray is an awesome color!

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #61
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
If I were in the market for a new Camaro, I would not hesitate to get a '14. I like the changes they made.

Now, go get your new pride and joy!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #62
mjross

Drives: 2014 Vette Stingray,2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
Not sure who told you that line of S%#T, but there is stuff to drive thats alot older in my garage and definitly is not the "new" version of itself that nobody would turn down for the newest version. Trust me if I were going to buy "new" because mine is "older" then it wouldnt be a camaro with that jacked up back and little 1990's auto zone fender strip across the grill.
Not hating if someone likes the 2014, but I clarifying for a few of us why we dont and your explanation was a sad attempt to mask the obvious.
I could not have said it better myself!
mjross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #63
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
Not sure who told you that line of S%#T, but there is stuff to drive thats alot older in my garage and definitly is not the "new" version of itself that nobody would turn down for the newest version. Trust me if I were going to buy "new" because mine is "older" then it wouldnt be a camaro with that jacked up back and little 1990's auto zone fender strip across the grill.
Not hating if someone likes the 2014, but I clarifying for a few of us why we dont and your explanation was a sad attempt to mask the obvious.
What I meant by that line of S%#T is exactly what you just proved. Some 5th gen owners like yourself can't give a specific reason as to why they think it's ugly. You can't use the chrome strip because it's a sorry excuse to hate a car. Don't like the strip? Get a trim that doesn't have it or simply remove it. Boom. Simple as that. Also, you can't just say "it has a jacked up back". What about it is "jacked up" in your opinion? Sorry that my "sad attempt to mask the obvious" seems to have upset you so much.

Most early 5th gen owners have just accepted that this is the 2014 Camaro. And at least for this model year, it's not going to change. So there is really absolutely no use to continue to complain about it. Hopefully the 6th gen will be better to you.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #64
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
OP, it's all personal taste, unless you are reading about technical or mechanical problems people are having with the 14's.

Me, personally, I don't like the 14's. The big reason may sound stupid, but I DO NOT like the look of the new tail lights. I like the lights that are on my '11. Also, the grill in the front is thinner, which I guess I could get used to. And then there are little nit-picky things that drive me crazy:

1. I like the stretched number font they used on the dash gages in my '11 - I don't like the others

2. I hate that Chevy replaced the word "Camaro" on the steering wheel with the bowtie in the '12 and newer models. The "Camaro" on the wheel added a touch of class to the vehicle, IMO.

3. I like the size/height of the spoiler on my '11. Later models have a spoiler that's taller, which I don't care for.

4. I don't like that they've done away with the rally sport rims in the newer models. Well, they've changed them. The ones on the 10-12's looked really good. The newer rims - not crazy about them.

5. The dash material has the standard Chevrolet texture that they've been using for decades. It looks and feels outdated. I wish they could have come up with a new texture for the entire dash, like the design on the pillars. That would have been cool.

6. The look of the AC vent in the middle of the dash looks bland/outdated. I'm not sure if they were going for retro but it doesn't even feel like that since they used two round vents on the far left and right side, which look modern. The two styles clash, IMO. Seems like the vents should have all been the same.

7. Changing the 6x9 speakers in the back of the car shouldn't be so &*&$%ing difficult! You have to not only pull out the back seat, you have to pull off the side panels from the back seat and the guard on the back window dash. I was going to do it myself but now I think I'll have Car Toys do it if I decide not to upgrade the car.

8. Installing halo lights is the same way - you have to pull off the entire front end before you can get to the headlights. Something else I would have Car Toys or someone else do.
RubberChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #65
shine2013

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
Proud owner. I changed my mind when I saw them up close. Ignore the talk on the site like I did and go look. Beauty is subjective. BTW the tail lights grow on you.
shine2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #66
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
I love my '14!!!!

1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #67
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoticus.rex View Post
There is nothing wrong with the 2014, they made changes, some people like the changes, some don't, all a matter of opinion. I specifically jumped on a year end deal on a 2013 because I did not like a couple of the changes. First, I think the 10-13 tail lights are fairly iconic... as said above, you don't see your tail lights while you are driving... but everyone else does. Anyone driving down the road seeing the 10-13 tail lights ahead knows exactly what they are following... or losing to . The second thing that got me is they appear to have gotten rid of the Infernal Orange Metallic paint and interior. Give that I like the tail lights and love the Orange on Orange Camaro, I decided to jump and grab one while there was one left to be had. The dealer ended up driving more than 200 miles to get mine to me. That being said, if I could not have worked out the price or could not have gotten the Orange on Orange, I would have just bought a '14 or later model later on. Personally I am hoping they do something really special for the 50th Anniversary. So bottom line, if you like the '14, buy it. You won't be disappointed... its a Camaro!
They did away with the Inferno Orange Metallic paint, but they still have the Inferno Orange leather interior... It was replaced by Red Hot and Red Rock Metallic.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #68
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChicken

6. The look of the AC vent in the middle of the dash looks bland/outdated. I'm not sure if they were going for retro but it doesn't even feel like that since they used two round vents on the far left and right side, which look modern. The two styles clash, IMO. Seems like the vents should have all been the same.
Actually it is A take on the 67-68 AC vents which were round on the right and left and rectangular in the center.
On a side note the 12 up steering wheel also has a slight resemblance in style to this one. Of course the mandatory air bag changes the shape of the center. The old wheel even has a bow tie on it.
I wish they had made the Auto Shifter look like this one.
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #69
SLEEPER SS
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
In my opinion only like the 1le 2014. The rest are just plain ugly. But to each there own. Just happy I own an early vin 2010 SS I will always keep
SLEEPER SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #70
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPER SS View Post
In my opinion only like the 1le 2014. The rest are just plain ugly. But to each there own. Just happy I own an early vin 2010 SS I will always keep
How about the Z/28?
Attached Images