Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-18-2009, 12:08 AM   #1
bhut

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Thumbs down Dealer bumped my "sold" 2LT allocation for an SS, probably for the second time

My blood pressure has had a few hours to fall, so perhaps I can write this now. I wrote a few days ago about how I was losing faith and was frustrated with waiting at 1100, particularly considering the effort I put into finding a dealer who would accept MSRP, had no “mandatory” back-office profit add-ons, and who had a short wait list. Yes, I know and was reminded that others have waited longer. When I wrote the check, there were 4 cars awaiting allocation ahead of mine, and I had the only V6 car on the list.

I wrote the salesman and talked with him on the phone several weeks ago when I told them I was tired of hearing how my allocation was right around the corner, next week, more coming next month, etc. I was told they had four confirmed allocations coming in starting Aug 27 and ending today Sept 17. I was now third on the list, so I would definitely have one, with my allocation going in no later than the 17th. I called last week to see if everything was still on schedule and the salesman started telling me how the owner wanted some Camaros in stock since they were selling for so much over sticker at auction. I asked about my car, and the fact that I was supposed to have an allocation. I wasn’t left with a warm and fuzzy feeling by the halfhearted answer.

So imagine my delight today when I called the dealership for a status and when the salesman called me back he wanted to know if I was in a place where I could talk to him for a few minutes. I was driving (w/ earpiece, no worries) but I instantly got a bad feeling. The conversation went something like this.

Salesman: “We had the allocation that came in today that we have to use for either an SS or V6 car. Do you remember how we talked about the constraints on the SS model? Well we know that we won’t have another opportunity to get an SS allocation this year. If we’re going to order an SS, we have to order it today.”
Me: “Well, I ordered an LT, so I don’t see where this is a problem.”
Salesman: “Well, I know you didn’t order an SS. What I’m trying to tell you is, since this allocation can be used for either a V6 or V8 car, and we know we won’t be getting any more until next year, we’re going to order an SS instead of your car.”
Me: “You told me weeks ago that there were four allocations, that I was number three on the list and would have one of these slots.”
Salesman: “I know that’s what I promised you, but there is only so much I can do, I’m not going to lose my job over this. This allocation is our last chance to get one of the SS’s until January. We’ve ordered the SS, but we’re expecting another allocation on the 24th and the sales manager has promised me that the allocation will be for your car.”
Me: <Silence>
Salesman: “Are we OK?”
Me: “OK? Uh, you’re telling me, so I don’t see that there’s a choice here, is there.”

I’ll save the other little pearls of joy for myself, but there you have it folks. A dealer who is admitting to me that my pre-sold order means squat, that it doesn’t really matter that I’ve been waiting or hearing promises of the next allocation for months. This forth allocation should have been for the next car after mine, so I’m guessing that they ordered two SS cars out of turn. To say that I am PISSED OFF is an understatement. It’s no longer about waiting for a car apparently; it’s about waiting for my dealer to decide when it’s convenient to give me my allocation when there is so much profit to be had by selling the SS cars.

I’ll be speaking with GM/Chevrolet customer service tomorrow. This kind of treatment and blatant abuse of the already convoluted allocation system for these cars is bullshit. As a buying customer, I deserve better from this dealer. As a company, GM better hope there aren’t many more like this one.

On that high note, I’d like to know if there is a dealer out here with an immediate allocation available. I would also be willing to buy a vehicle from stock that meets my wish list. I am looking for an inferno orange 2LT with the inferno orange interior, a manual transmission, and the black hockey stripe package. Nothing too special, but I don’t really care for the RS pack. Stripes can always be added later, so if someone has one of these around let me know. I am willing to fly to pick it up and drive it home if the out-of-state tax issues are workable (immediate order or in stock, and within two day’s drive from FL panhandle). Since my buying experience has been so wonderful so far, my preference at this point is a dealer who will accept qualifying discounts. I have $6K to put down, excellent credit (no lie), and am looking for an honest deal.
bhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
You cannot be serious
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:20 AM   #3
bhut

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
No lie

Serious as a heart attack. I was so mad I could barely talk. My face is cooking again, so I know my blood pressure's back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens Blvd View Post
You cannot be serious
bhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:23 AM   #4
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
wow that sucks
joerod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:24 AM   #5
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
This has been going on all along.

The NEW GM (Fritz) said the customer was going to be the top priority.

Not happening yet.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:32 AM   #6
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhut View Post
My blood pressure has had a few hours to fall, so perhaps I can write this now. I wrote a few days ago about how I was losing faith and was frustrated with waiting at 1100, particularly considering the effort I put into finding a dealer who would accept MSRP, had no “mandatory” back-office profit add-ons, and who had a short wait list. Yes, I know and was reminded that others have waited longer. When I wrote the check, there were 4 cars awaiting allocation ahead of mine, and I had the only V6 car on the list.

I wrote the salesman and talked with him on the phone several weeks ago when I told them I was tired of hearing how my allocation was right around the corner, next week, more coming next month, etc. I was told they had four confirmed allocations coming in starting Aug 27 and ending today Sept 17. I was now third on the list, so I would definitely have one, with my allocation going in no later than the 17th. I called last week to see if everything was still on schedule and the salesman started telling me how the owner wanted some Camaros in stock since they were selling for so much over sticker at auction. I asked about my car, and the fact that I was supposed to have an allocation. I wasn’t left with a warm and fuzzy feeling by the halfhearted answer.

So imagine my delight today when I called the dealership for a status and when the salesman called me back he wanted to know if I was in a place where I could talk to him for a few minutes. I was driving (w/ earpiece, no worries) but I instantly got a bad feeling. The conversation went something like this.

Salesman: “We had the allocation that came in today that we have to use for either an SS or V6 car. Do you remember how we talked about the constraints on the SS model? Well we know that we won’t have another opportunity to get an SS allocation this year. If we’re going to order an SS, we have to order it today.”
Me: “Well, I ordered an LT, so I don’t see where this is a problem.”
Salesman: “Well, I know you didn’t order an SS. What I’m trying to tell you is, since this allocation can be used for either a V6 or V8 car, and we know we won’t be getting any more until next year, we’re going to order an SS instead of your car.”
Me: “You told me weeks ago that there were four allocations, that I was number three on the list and would have one of these slots.”
Salesman: “I know that’s what I promised you, but there is only so much I can do, I’m not going to lose my job over this. This allocation is our last chance to get one of the SS’s until January. We’ve ordered the SS, but we’re expecting another allocation on the 24th and the sales manager has promised me that the allocation will be for your car.”
Me: <Silence>
Salesman: “Are we OK?”
Me: “OK? Uh, you’re telling me, so I don’t see that there’s a choice here, is there.”

I’ll save the other little pearls of joy for myself, but there you have it folks. A dealer who is admitting to me that my pre-sold order means squat, that it doesn’t really matter that I’ve been waiting or hearing promises of the next allocation for months. This forth allocation should have been for the next car after mine, so I’m guessing that they ordered two SS cars out of turn. To say that I am PISSED OFF is an understatement. It’s no longer about waiting for a car apparently; it’s about waiting for my dealer to decide when it’s convenient to give me my allocation when there is so much profit to be had by selling the SS cars.

I’ll be speaking with GM/Chevrolet customer service tomorrow. This kind of treatment and blatant abuse of the already convoluted allocation system for these cars is bullshit. As a buying customer, I deserve better from this dealer. As a company, GM better hope there aren’t many more like this one.

On that high note, I’d like to know if there is a dealer out here with an immediate allocation available. I would also be willing to buy a vehicle from stock that meets my wish list. I am looking for an inferno orange 2LT with the inferno orange interior, a manual transmission, and the black hockey stripe package. Nothing too special, but I don’t really care for the RS pack. Stripes can always be added later, so if someone has one of these around let me know. I am willing to fly to pick it up and drive it home if the out-of-state tax issues are workable (immediate order or in stock, and within two day’s drive from FL panhandle). Since my buying experience has been so wonderful so far, my preference at this point is a dealer who will accept qualifying discounts. I have $6K to put down, excellent credit (no lie), and am looking for an honest deal.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:43 AM   #7
JohnInSoCal

Drives: RJT L99 500HP
time for a new dealer, must be a reputable one in florida somewhere
JohnInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:49 AM   #8
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Please call me...... I can help!

Becky Doyle
Rodgers Chevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi
734 479-7117
chevyfleet@aol.com

Take a look at MY Summit White Camaro....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37014

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:55 AM   #9
BulletSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM M6
Un-F***ing believable. Almost wish there was a way to penalize dealers for doing crap like this. Broken promises are the hallmark of unethical business.

Not only look for another dealer, but tell the dealership you are dropping them and going with someone else who is honest and respects you a customer. There are several dealers on this board that I'm sure are more than willing to help you out.

Past rides:
2000 Camaro SS
1997 Camaro
1992 Camaro RS
1980 Camaro
BulletSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:06 AM   #10
Rcamaro
drive hard

Drives: 2nd Gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletSS View Post
Un-F***ing believable. Almost wish there was a way to penalize dealers for doing crap like this. Broken promises are the hallmark of unethical business.

Not only look for another dealer, but tell the dealership you are dropping them and going with someone else who is honest and respects you a customer. There are several dealers on this board that I'm sure are more than willing to help you out.
x2

also post up what dealer this is, there are enough future camaro owners on this sight (including me) to make a difference and it will hurt them in the long run if more people know who they are and avoid business with them.
Rcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:37 AM   #11
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Do what i am doing buy one on a lot. Everyone knows the system has too many flaws in it for greedy dealers to take advantage of it. There is no way in hell i was going to order one with all the horror stories i have read on here.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:15 AM   #12
volboy23

Drives: an SS.....
Man that sucks. I think you should post the dealers name so word gets out about them. Talk about some seriously shady business. You should definitely find another dealer. Good luck.
3000, Order accepted by production control: 9/9/09 TPW 9/28/09
3300, Order scheduled for production: 9/18/09
3400, Order Broadcast: 9/26/09
3800, Produced: 10/3/09 A9152630
4000, Available to ship: 10/3/09
4B00, Bayed: 10/3/09 - pending stripes
4200, Shipped: 10/8/09
5000 (Delivered to dealer): 10/20/09
6000 (Delivered to customer): 10/21/09 WOOHOO!!! So worth the wait!
volboy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:28 AM   #13
bluman

Drives: '10 Corvette GS/'13 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnInSoCal View Post
time for a new dealer, must be a reputable one in florida somewhere
I agree !
2010 Camaro SIM/CGM RS/2LT VIN #310 SOLD

2010 Corvette Grand Sport
bluman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:41 AM   #14
ibznu2010

Drives: 2010 blk 2SS RS polished wheel
car on lot

Call this guy. Buddy Carver at Wallace Chevrolet in Albany, Ga. He has three on the lot. two are IOM. Tell him Ronnie Johnson said to call. I have bought alot of cars here & work trucks. 229-432-6271. Or ask for David, he is a good salesman. He also has # 7000 something vin on a blk ss. Good luck.
ibznu2010 is offline   Reply With Quote