Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #687
LS2SLOW

Drives: 5th Gen
Here's mine...Katech valve covers, coil relocation, tensioner, heater hose relocation, fuel line roto fab plenum cover, painted hall tech cai...very cool thread btw

LS2SLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #688
FurySS
Furious Shine

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
LOL, That's a "LIFE" mod that I'm not looking to start on for a long time!
I'm married and I my wife is less than pleased that the car is torn down while all this warm weather is going on. I told her it was still supposed to be cold and nasty out - sorry

WOW I spend a day in the garage and come back to see all hell has broken loose here! Big flood of traffic from the homepage mention - hope they did not all rush out to relocate their battery cables (sorry Nathan)!
FurySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #689
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Indy Pace View Post
I'm married and I my wife is less than pleased that the car is torn down while all this warm weather is going on. I told her it was still supposed to be cold and nasty out - sorry

WOW I spend a day in the garage and come back to see all hell has broken loose here! Big flood of traffic from the homepage mention - hope they did not all rush out to relocate their battery cables (sorry Nathan)!
Berry funnie, all fun and games till your car goes up in flame, lol.

Indy, pm me your address. I have some stuffing I'm going to send I wont be using.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #690
FurySS
Furious Shine

Quote:
Berry funnie, all fun and games till your car goes up in flame, lol.

Indy, pm me your address. I have some stuffing I'm going to send I wont be using.
Well I am already Inferno Orange lol! Not sure what stuffing means but thanks I guess - I will pm you my address
Old 03-23-2012, 10:49 PM   #691
Moreno1

Quote:

Quote:
Well I am already Inferno Orange lol! Not sure what stuffing means but thanks I guess - I will pm you my address
LSR radiator and over flow billet caps and both TechAFX relocation hoses. Might have 4 extra ARP bolts for your fuel rails.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #692
FurySS
Furious Shine

Quote:
LSR radiator and over flow billet caps and both TechAFX relocation hoses. Might have 4 extra ARP bolts for your fuel rails.
Awesome - thanks!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 11:52 PM   #693
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
congrats on making the homepage Nathan
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
Have you guys installed the small 8.75" overflow tank? I'm only looking at it because it is the only black one that I see they carry. Is it large enough? How does it mount?
Where is Kyle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
AquablueL99 engine bay after some TLC and PayPal..........
Very Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2SLOW View Post
Here's mine...Katech valve covers, coil relocation, tensioner, heater hose relocation, fuel line roto fab plenum cover, painted hall tech cai...very cool thread btw

Your engine has been an inspiration! I first saw pics on the Katech Web site.

Quote:
I just got home and read my post. I hate posting from my I-phone. Never know what "auto correct" will replace your words with.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #694
Ph4r
Top Down Fun

Drives: 11 2SS/RS IOM Vert
congrats on the homepage, been subscribed for quite a while, will be quite a while before I try to tackle this, but thanks for building such a great reference Nate!

Daily Driver: 2016 Ford Fusion Titanium with 2 car seats in the back!
Ph4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #695
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
Have you guys installed the small 8.75" overflow tank? I'm only looking at it because it is the only black one that I see they carry. Is it large enough? How does it mount?
Sorry, I had to get some a bunch work pictures up on FB last night.

That is the tank I just installed in the car 2 days ago, lol. I don't foresee there being a size issue with it. That tank should give you plenty of room for expansion. It basically just depends on your coolant capacity and rad. cap. The more coolant capacity you have the more expansion you will get (more molecules to grow). The lower the pressure rad. cap you use, the more expanding coolant it will pass to your tank. As long as your rad. cap is good you should be ok . We have run those tanks on many high HP vehicles.
As for mounting, it comes with a two bolt flanged ring that you pass the tank through. I mounted it to the frame pretty much where the factory tank was, just wanted that ugly plastic thing out of there.

I'll post up pics when I'm done with the car in a couple weeks, right now its just an empty shell.
-Kyle
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #696
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbbl be View Post
great job I wish i had a lift !!!
Thanks...that was the best $2800 I ever spent!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
wow thats sick

Thanks !!
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #697
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
The great thing about this thread is you can pick and choose which parts of it you want to use. It is not one single project that must all be done.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #698
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
That came out NICE! I see a rainy day project in the near future. I have a Harbor Tools close by too.

I got some S/S button head socket bolts from Fastenal 15 mm works, and 20 mm will bottom out.
Paul PM me your address, mine is already polished. I'll just mail it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph4r View Post
congrats on the homepage, been subscribed for quite a while, will be quite a while before I try to tackle this, but thanks for building such a great reference Nate!
Thanks Ph4r, by the way, love your Boobies........wait, that doesn't sound right . Your going to have to bail me out of this one, LOL. Let me know if I can help.

Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
Sorry, I had to get some a bunch work pictures up on FB last night.

That is the tank I just installed in the car 2 days ago, lol. I don't foresee there being a size issue with it. That tank should give you plenty of room for expansion. It basically just depends on your coolant capacity and rad. cap. The more coolant capacity you have the more expansion you will get (more molecules to grow). The lower the pressure rad. cap you use, the more expanding coolant it will pass to your tank. As long as your rad. cap is good you should be ok . We have run those tanks on many high HP vehicles.
As for mounting, it comes with a two bolt flanged ring that you pass the tank through. I mounted it to the frame pretty much where the factory tank was, just wanted that ugly plastic thing out of there.

I'll post up pics when I'm done with the car in a couple weeks, right now its just an empty shell.
-Kyle
There you are! Sorry I went dark on you, I haven't been able to do any work on the car. We are in the process of moving, packing, etc.... next two weeks are going to be tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
The great thing about this thread is you can pick and choose which parts of it you want to use. It is not one single project that must all be done.
Paul, that's absolutely right. Most any one thing could be done in a day. It's the old adage..... how do you eat an elephant?

Last edited by Moreno1; 03-24-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #699
FurySS
Furious Shine

Hey all! Coil brackets are mounted now - really helps to have a 2nd person hold them to help line up right (thanks Mr. hrpiii ). I am going to really address the install of these because you can never have to much info on a project like this.

Even with a right angle drill I had to remove the fans and both radiator hoses. The passenger side was the easiest, the drivers side has lots of mostly non-flexible lines in the way.. I used 1/4"x1" self-tapping screws and an extra washer to mount them. I used a new titanium 13/64" drill bit which went through the frame rails pretty easily. Just drive the self-tapping screw in with a socket and hammer to get it started. Ideally you would mount the bracket with coils already installed but with my 1" screws I could not get the threads started enough. So I mounted an empty bracket and installed the coils afterwords (it is tight but doable)!

The best recommendation I can give is to install the coils in the bracket and then move it along the frame rail until you find a spot that is the most "free & clear". Pay particular note of clearance for the wire harnesses on the bottom, and plug wires on the top!! Also make a note (tape on the frame rails works) before removing the fans, so you know how far they stick out from the radiator. You don't want to mount the bracket to close to them or they may hit. Then disassemble the coil bracket and use that to mark and line up your holes. The drivers side is a bit more difficult navigating around the hard lines. I only removed upper & lower radiator hoses - so I navigated around these best I could. I ended up with one hose passing between the coils no matter what I did, So I test fitted with the stock plug wires and found the "sweet spot" where I could still get the plug wires on.

One key thing I thought of while assembling these in the brackets - insert the long carriage bolts starting from the firewall side and and put the nuts on the radiator side. This way if you ever have to remove them you should not have to remove the fan assembly again (you need several inches for the bolts to slide out and clear) the coils.

I test fitted my 52" coil harness extensions from Casper's (running out the rear of the engine), and they lined up perfectly!

Note - these pics are with the fans still removed, so there will not be this much space between the brackets and radiator when you are done.
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #700
Synner

Drives: cars
Everyone harass the piss out of these guys to make a chrome water pump for us.

http://www.tuffstuffperformance.com/...od/prd9123.htm

Synner is offline   Reply With Quote