Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-22-2010, 07:22 PM   #239
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Yeah because as everybody knows, it's SO boring all the way up to 199... lol. You guys crack me up!
Actually, when the SST is done we want to get a video of both it and the boat going side by side at 200. Just have to find the right location to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_Killer View Post
Speedster this is my first visit to your build but it definitely won't be my last.

This has got to be one of the most extreme builds I have ever seen and the craftsman ship is top notch. My hats off to your for going all out with this build.

I look forward to your future updates. Thanks for sharing this with all of us.
Well Thank You for the compliments Stang_Killer. Trying our best to do a slightly extreme build while keeping it 100% streetable. It has been a challenge.

I love your RJT and that custom plate. Also, those mirrors are the best !!!
Old 07-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #240
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post

Well Thank You for the compliments Stang_Killer. Trying our best to do a slightly extreme build while keeping it 100% streetable. It has been a challenge.

I love your RJT and that custom plate. Also, those mirrors are the best !!!
Thank you very much. Your compliments are appreciated.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:31 AM   #241
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:

Yeah 6,000 hp can do that... When you hit 100 mph it is accelerating at 10-15 mph per SECOND. Also, at speed it is covering over a football field every second. TAG, You still want a ride ?
mmmmmm....let me think about this.....

HELL YEAH

You'd have to be NUTS NOT to want to do something like that!

What can I say? I LOVE SPEED.

I think I just need to get out to the Texas Mile.......

....or go out to west Texas where we have plenty of 6 mile STRAIGHT stretches of highway.....

Don't worry...if a video pops up, it will be on the SPEEDO the entire time...

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:54 AM   #242
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
mmmmmm....let me think about this.....

You'd have to be NUTS NOT to want to do something like that!

What can I say? I LOVE SPEED. Yeah

I think I just need to get out to the Texas Mile.......

....or go out to west Texas where we have plenty of 6 mile STRAIGHT stretches of highway.....

Don't worry...if a video pops up, it will be on the SPEEDO the entire time...

You should definitely go to the Texas Mile. Put that Hero camera on your Camaro's dash and then have another looking out the window.

Also you should look into the Silver State Classic Challenge in Nevada. 90 miles of open highway 318 to hammer it !!!

http://www.silverstateclassic.com/318-map.htm
Old 07-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #243
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Quote:
You should definitely go to the Texas Mile. Put that Hero camera on your Camaro's dash and then have another looking out the window.

Also you should look into the Silver State Classic Challenge in Nevada. 90 miles of open highway 318 to hammer it !!!

http://www.silverstateclassic.com/318-map.htm
That sounds like my kind of fun.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:20 AM   #244
speedster
SST...

Quote:
That sounds like my kind of fun.

...and the start in Preston is only about 500 miles from you. The next one is mid September.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #245
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Quote:
...and the start in Preston is only about 500 miles from you. The next one is mid September.
You're just going to get me in trouble putting ideas like that in my head.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:13 AM   #246
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

I looked into it and they require a membership and there is a waiting list. I'm going to sign up for a membership and hopefully be able to do the May run or next years run in September.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #247
speedster
SST...

Quote:
I looked into it and they require a membership and there is a waiting list. I'm going to sign up for a membership and hopefully be able to do the May run or next years run in September.
Cool stuff. It should be a blast....
Old 07-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #248
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Your build is so far above impressive, outstanding, unbelievable, etc. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us. I seriously enjoyed reading it and look forward to more info.

There are 2 questions that popped up in my mind as I read.
1. Did you eliminate all the Air bags in the car except maybe the front dash and steering wheel?
2. I did not see anything written or maybe I missed it, on a onboard fire control system that I thought was required for your speeds.

Thanks again

mike
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #249
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.White@PeddersUSA.com View Post
Your build is so far above impressive, outstanding, unbelievable, etc. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us. I seriously enjoyed reading it and look forward to more info.

There are 2 questions that popped up in my mind as I read.
1. Did you eliminate all the Air bags in the car except maybe the front dash and steering wheel?
2. I did not see anything written or maybe I missed it, on a onboard fire control system that I thought was required for your speeds.

Thanks again

mike
Hey Mike - Thanks for your compliments. They are much appreciated. The SST has been quite the undertaking so I hope that others can learn (or avoid) things we did along the way.

1) The air bags are physically still in their factory location, but any that are directly blocked by the rollcage were disabled. Part of the trick with the factory computer/wiring was all of the items tied to the airbags. Wanted to make sure the ones that add to safety remained enabled.

2) I thought I stuck something in about the fire suppression - maybe not. Anyway, the car has a SafeCraft RS-10 system that has 3 discharge locations - Engine Compartment, Passenger Compartmen and Fuel Cells. Don't want to be part of a cookout...
Old 07-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #250
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Hey Mike - Thanks for your compliments. They are much appreciated. The SST has been quite the undertaking so I hope that others can learn (or avoid) things we did along the way.

1) The air bags are physically still in their factory location, but any that are directly blocked by the rollcage were disabled. Part of the trick with the factory computer/wiring was all of the items tied to the airbags. Wanted to make sure the ones that add to safety remained enabled.

2) I thought I stuck something in about the fire suppression - maybe not. Anyway, the car has a SafeCraft RS-10 system that has 3 discharge locations - Engine Compartment, Passenger Compartmen and Fuel Cells. Don't want to be part of a cookout...
Awesome to here you are protected. No a GTO owner that has 985hp at the rear and and turns in the high 8s,. low 9s. He his auto trans that granated and massive flames. His fire system worked perfectly wqith nio damage to the car or heim. The tranny, well RIP!

thanks for the info!

mike
Old 07-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #251
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.White@PeddersUSA.com View Post
Awesome to here you are protected. No a GTO owner that has 985hp at the rear and and turns in the high 8s,. low 9s. He his auto trans that granated and massive flames. His fire system worked perfectly wqith nio damage to the car or heim. The tranny, well RIP!

thanks for the info!

mike
Try to be as safe as we can...
P.S. We do have some Pedders products on the car - Thanks !
Old 07-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #252
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Try to be as safe as we can...
P.S. We do have some Pedders products on the car - Thanks !
What do you think your son's first reaction will be on a hot lap! LOL Or better yet, what will your reaction be in the passenger seat with your son does his first hot lap?

thanks for using Pedders by the way!

mike

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo