Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
Mazzoni1

Drives: 2010 1lt
Camera

Well since I'm in school with a camaro, kids take it apon themselves to mess with it (smear food, key it, etc.). So I was wondering if anyone knows of any dash cams or small cams I can set looking out my windows because I've spent over $400 in details and paint and the school says there is nothing they can do.
Mazzoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Are you in high school or college? A camera won't stop someone from messing with you car. I wouldn't drive it to school if it is messed with. Haters will hate and won't stop. Getting a camera would catch them and then you could prosecute, but then they might take more revenge on your car later. Or park really far away a walk a couple of blocks to your school.
=Stephens= is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #3
Mazzoni1

High school, and I know it won't stop but it would be nice to know. I'm the kind of person where I keep to myself and don't gossip so I don't have any idea of who would do it.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
This is why you don't have a nice car in high school lol.

With that said, can you not park far away and walk? I'm talking like 5 minute walk away somewhere that the little creeps wont touch it?
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #5
SNK

Drives: 2010 2LT...Black
I'm in high school also and some of these kids have no conscience. No food or keying on mine but people have jokingly put things on it and stuff. It sucks but it is something that needs to be dealt with. In my case there was just one student who purposely damaged my car but he has since graduated. I have constantly thought about a camera like this but I don't know if it will really help. Now that he is gone, no one messes with my car anymore. Good luck and know that you are not alone in dealing with these jerks. People are just jealous and do not know how to deal with their feeling so they take it out on that person. Keep us posted on any new info.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #6
sangerbanger58

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT/RS
Does your school have cameras in the parking lot?? I know mine did when I went to high school.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #7
Mazzoni1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangerbanger58 View Post
Does your school have cameras in the parking lot?? I know mine did when I went to high school.
No and the say that the supervision has to stay on the campus and make sure eveyone is where they're suppose to be, but if you go to the bathroom no one is seen at all. It gets old and honestly I would like to catch them. The reason I don't park off campus is the only parking available near by is on the street and I don't trust people driving past because my family has had bad luck getting their cars hit while parked