Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #29
Rtoups

Drives: RJT 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by coquinn8846 View Post
A little of course here but trying to make a point, so stay with me here. Science huh! Have you ever wondered how blood pumps all the way to a Giraffe's head? Probable not but let me fill you in. It has an extremely huge heart that gets the blood there. Well when they bend over to get a drink of water the blood rushes so fast downward to the head you think their head would explode but nope. They have a sponge like material that covers their brain that absorbs blood. And when they stand up they don't pass out because there is another mechanism that allows the blood to drain back down very quickly that allow them to run from a predator if needed. Sorry but Evolution is not that perfect!
Ahh, but you would be surprised. It's not like these mechanisms developed overnight. This is thousands of years of progress. Giraffes probably got longer necks. Then, the heart developed to accommodate the neck. The mechanism you described to prevent the head from filling with blood isn't a spongelike material, but actually something called rete mirabile. It's a complex system of arteries and veins that are in close proximity to each other. They balance the pressure of blood in the brain using counter current exchange. This probably developed after the heart. Giraffes don't faint when they lift their heads because muscles surrounding the veins and capillaries tighten, slowing the blood flow.

It's all very complicated. And it first glance, it doesn't seem plausible. Of course, one could argue that an omnipotent being who just decided to create the world in seven days isn't very plausible either.

Also, there are plenty of examples of evolution not being perfect. Let's take a look at ourselves, specifically, our mouth. A majority of us require dental procedure sometime in our life. This is because our teeth and jaws have not evolved perfectly. They work well enough, and that's all it takes to survive and pass on your genes, but they aren't perfect.

Quote:
If a person doesn't believe in religion that is their business but that is why a lot of kids today are little turds. They believe they can do what they want and not answer for it. Some people think it is better to do what they want and not believe in religion because they don't want to feel bad for what they do. If not having In God We Trust on there isn't a big deal then why remove it or stop engraving it? It is a big deal to some and also to me because what next? If I seen someone burning the flag folks I would probably go to jail. I understand freedom of speech but if you don't like America get out. They may not like tax dollars going toward engraving those words but you not what I don't like paying for people on welfare that can work but I have to. Maybe I should file a law suit against the government for that. OMG I have to go into another thread and cool off, I am really sorry if I offended anyone because that was not my intention. I respect everyone on here I just don't understand with everything the way it is today violence, drugs, more kids being killed then I have every seen that a group of people have the time to file a lawsuit because they feel their rights are being violated because of In "God We Trust".
Woah woah woah, slow down there dude! You've made WAY too many assumptions. You assume that every kid who doesn't want to be responsible is so because they aren't religious. You assume that people don't believe in a God because they don't want to be held accountable. And you assume that everyone on welfare is just lazy and doesn't want to work.

First off, kids just don't WANT to be responsible. There kids, religious or not! Second, I don't know any atheist who became one simply because they didn't want to be binded by religion (all though that may be a factor). Third, it's just plain wrong to think that everyone on welfare is just lazy. And I REALLY took offense when you made a connection between atheists, and flag burners. Seriously?

It's not a "big deal" to me that In God We Trust is written on currency. However, I would prefer that it wasn't. I don't believe in God, so I certainly don't trust him, so why should the money I spend have his name on it, right? The United States is a nation of diversity and freedom. Freedom of religion is one of those freedoms. I think it would be best if we didn't have connections to any religion on our national currency.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #30
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
while I don't believe in God, I beleive in being a good person, and that's what the world needs more of.
exactly. unfortunately that's where the problem is...
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:57 PM   #31
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I'm not even gonna read this thread
Old 07-17-2009, 10:08 PM   #32
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtoups View Post
Now don't be a sensationalist. Nobody has said anything about the flag at all. An allegiance to a flag is very different than an allegiance to a god.
Of course. I agree. I was being synical. God is every bit as much a part of our history as our flag. Even more.

In fact, if you wanted to be dogmatic, God would frown on having a flag to pledge to anyway.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:09 PM   #33
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
I'm not even gonna read this thread
You'll read it, and LIKE it.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:01 PM   #34
coquinn8846

Drives: 2004 Mazda 6
rtoups First of all i'm not a dude! But i am glad to see you know how to use wikipedia, I didn't mean sponge literally it's a figure of speech. And as far as saying atheist are flag burners I did not and i'm sorry if it came out that way. I meant some people think they can do what ever they want and burning the flag is one of them because they think that is their right. It's my right to do this it's my right to do that and I just really don't care who it hurts. Sorry if you missed my point. Also I didn't saying anything about all atheist being bad people. My brother is not religious, he is anesthesiologist and believes everything is science. But I am not saying all anesthesiologist are not religious let me make that clear. My best friend of 24 years is also atheist, by the way her daughter is terrible but I love her. And as far as welfare I am sorry I feel this way but I was a social worker for 2 years before I finished my bachelor's in nursing and let me tell you at least 60% of those people were able to work. The individuals who would come in trying to get a little extra help that were already working just not getting paid much couldn't get anything. But as far as the original topic this group of people have nothing better to do than get rid of something that has been around forever. Why not put all that time and energy into something that is gonna benefit a good cause? Help put a stop to child abuse or send things to our troops over seas but no lets get together and stop "In God We Trust". I am in no way shape or form saying that I am a great Christian because I have a long way to go but I look at patients each and everyday where I work asking me and the others to pray for them because that are dying and when you take God out of everything like some people want then these patients have nothing else to live for or look forward to. Why don't they stop and think about people like this? Because it seems to me like they don't care, but you let me know if i'm wrong about that. I again am sorry if I in any way offended you but I do stand strongly in my opinion about why things are so bad today. I do think that it is because we are slowly but surly taking God out of everything. I am really sorry if you feel I have made some wrong assumptions but I can not help the way I feel. I will pray about it just for you.
coquinn8846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:13 PM   #35
Rtoups

Drives: RJT 2LT
Sorry I called you dude. Where I'm from, "dude" isn't gender specific.

I in no way tried to insult you with the giraffe explanation. I know what you meant. I was trying to show how complicated this kind of stuff is, and how saying "It's too perfect" just doesn't make sense to me.

And if someone wants to burn a flag, that IS their right. It doesn't make sense to me, but they can do it if they want. It might insult some people, the same way some people get insulted when they hear things about the US being a "Christian nation".

And you don't know what the members of this group are doing. Some of them could be members of other activist groups that are trying to end poverty and things of that sort. It doesn't really matter. They've found a cause that they feel strongly about and they are fighting for it. I have a lot of respect for them. I may not agree, but the fact that they are trying to do something about it legally is a tribute to the way our great nation is run. See, not everything is all bad and violent.

I also want to add the I understand the power of faith or lack-thereof, for that matter. The fact that I'm atheist plays a huge part of how I live my life. I do not believe that there is an afterlife, so I know I need to live life to the fullest.
I am in no way trying to take God or religion away from people. I think you just have the wrong image of atheists or those who don't want religious connections on our money. We don't want to take religion away or god away. Those should be personal things anyways. If the government wrote "Buddha" or "Allah" or "Yahweh" or "Shiva" on every single thing they could, I wouldn't become religious or stop being atheist. That's MY belief. Only I can take it away or destroy it.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:11 AM   #36
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackXIV View Post
I agree...."In God We Trust" and "Under God" do not force religion upon anyone. Then why are people (not neccisarily you) trying to get rid of it. I respect the fact that people have their beliefs or non beliefs and thats okay. there are some on both sides that are more zealous and righteous than most.
Basically some people feel the need to impose their will and beliefs on others. For some it's actually a part of their belief systems to do so and for others it's part of their nature and for others yet a choice. Why? I couldn't tell you. If we were all the same we'd find something else to argue about. Like that episode of south park where cartman froze himself cause he couldn't wait for a Wii and ended up in a crazy war about a name of a group...
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:17 AM   #37
coquinn8846

Drives: 2004 Mazda 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtoups View Post
Sorry I called you dude. Where I'm from, "dude" isn't gender specific.

I in no way tried to insult you with the giraffe explanation. I know what you meant. I was trying to show how complicated this kind of stuff is, and how saying "It's too perfect" just doesn't make sense to me.

And if someone wants to burn a flag, that IS their right. It doesn't make sense to me, but they can do it if they want. It might insult some people, the same way some people get insulted when they hear things about the US being a "Christian nation".

And you don't know what the members of this group are doing. Some of them could be members of other activist groups that are trying to end poverty and things of that sort. It doesn't really matter. They've found a cause that they feel strongly about and they are fighting for it. I have a lot of respect for them. I may not agree, but the fact that they are trying to do something about it legally is a tribute to the way our great nation is run. See, not everything is all bad and violent.

I also want to add the I understand the power of faith or lack-thereof, for that matter. The fact that I'm atheist plays a huge part of how I live my life. I do not believe that there is an afterlife, so I know I need to live life to the fullest.
I am in no way trying to take God or religion away from people. I think you just have the wrong image of atheists or those who don't want religious connections on our money. We don't want to take religion away or god away. Those should be personal things anyways. If the government wrote "Buddha" or "Allah" or "Yahweh" or "Shiva" on every single thing they could, I wouldn't become religious or stop being atheist. That's MY belief. Only I can take it away or destroy it.
I respect your opinion and like I said I don't believe that all people that are non Christian are bad, I honestly am not saying anyone is bad because believe it or not I have friends of all kinds, but please understand it hearts my heart so much for people to get together and try to take God out of things. I really do feel like before you know it all religion will be taken away. I understand the concept you can take my bible but you can't take my Christianity but some people don't understand why. Before I was hired at the hospital where I work I was told we are not allowed to pray for patients because some people frown on it. If a patient ask me to i'm gonna do it even if it means my license because they depend on it to help them through a terrible situation, and most of thesepatients are usually cancer patients that believe they are going to a better place. But you are right about some of these people, they probably are activist that do other things, I honestly did not look at it that way. Like I said I am a Christian but I am in no way a great one because I have a long way to go. But I am the type of person that if I think something is going to affect someone or hurt someone in anyway I do not want any part of it and this topic does mess with a lot of people. I guess that is why I feel why I feel so strongly about it. There are so many elderly people living today that grew up it seems like in a different time and I can't help but believe they are being forgotten. Like my 88 year old grandmother says "everything is going away that I knew". I honestly did not mean to offended you or anyone else, like I said my brother is not religious and I love him very much. It just hurts knowing that some believe in that saying and it's really not hurting anything being there or anywhere else but still yet some people want it gone. I don't stop going into places because they don't say "IN God We Trust" nor am I gonna get a bunch of Christians together and try to have it engraved all over the place because I do understand their are people who don't like it. I guess when it comes right down to it I feel that they are not considering some people that have been on this earth a lot longer then them. I don't know dude all I know is I have cooled off after going to a movie with my family and I am really sorry if I did not come across the way I meant to today. I just know I have read the bible and everything that is taking place today the bible speaks of, and even you have to admit it's scary. I mean everything that is going on is in the book. I am not trying to push it I'm just saying hard to believe it's just coincidence!
coquinn8846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:39 AM   #38
FutureBumbleBee

Drives: 83 Z28, white, slow and dying
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheGloves View Post

First some lady complains about prayer in school, so they take that away, then they complain about how we say the pledge of allegiance, so they altered that in a few states, and now this. Kinda sad. So what do you think
You say that like it's a bad thing.

I'm all for this. I'm so glad they're fighting to get rid of this crap in our currency/pledge/schools/courts
FutureBumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:46 AM   #39
FutureBumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
That being said. I will weigh in a little on this.

The very first meeting of our founding fathers was began by a Judeo-Christian prayer. Where the men who attended all bowed their heads and asked the Lord to guide them and give them the strength and wisdom to proceed with the founding of a nation. The nation that became the United States of America.

Congress, Senate, and yes even the President, all began their meetings with prayer. And as you heard, with the probable, eventual end to us as a nation in front of us before the battle of Normandy, the President led our nation in PRAYER. We ARE a Christian nation. We have been from the beggining. As the good representative in the vid asked;

"When did we cease being a Christian nation"?
Those men are christians,
we are NOT a christian nation, damnt. Saying that defeats the purpose of the United State of America and what all those men died for.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:49 AM   #40
FutureBumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperer View Post
Ha, did you get the title from Family Guy? I love that show. Butttttttt:

Boo hoo wah wah.

It. Does. Not. Hurt. Anyone. It didn't stop you from becoming an Atheist, why would it stop anyone else. It didn't make me become a Christian, and having it removed wouldn't change it either.

I am no religious nut. I support stem cell research all kinds if "condemning" things, but come on. Growwwwww uppppp.
It. Hurts. Me.

But everytime someone like me says that people laugh at us and ignore us. But this country and constitution are meant to protect the little people like us, who are in a minority, from religious stuff like this.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:02 AM   #41
FutureBumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by coquinn8846 View Post
A little of course here but trying to make a point, so stay with me here. Science huh! Have you ever wondered how blood pumps all the way to a Giraffe's head? Probable not but let me fill you in. It has an extremely huge heart that gets the blood there. Well when they bend over to get a drink of water the blood rushes so fast downward to the head you think their head would explode but nope. They have a sponge like material that covers their brain that absorbs blood. And when they stand up they don't pass out because there is another mechanism that allows the blood to drain back down very quickly that allow them to run from a predator if needed.

Sorry but Evolution is not that perfect! If a person doesn't believe in religion that is their business but that is why a lot of kids today are little turds. They believe they can do what they want and not answer for it. Some people think it is better to do what they want and not believe in religion because they don't want to feel bad for what they do. If not having In God We Trust on there isn't a big deal then why remove it or stop engraving it? It is a big deal to some and also to me because what next? If I seen someone burning the flag folks I would probably go to jail. I understand freedom of speech but if you don't like America get out. They may not like tax dollars going toward engraving those words but you not what I don't like paying for people on welfare that can work but I have to. Maybe I should file a law suit against the government for that. OMG I have to go into another thread and cool off, I am really sorry if I offended anyone because that was not my intention. I respect everyone on here I just don't understand with everything the way it is today violence, drugs, more kids being killed then I have every seen that a group of people have the time to file a lawsuit because they feel their rights are being violated because of In "God We Trust".

Psalm 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

p.s. Please pray for Stephanie!
So much is wrong with this post.
No evolution isn't perfect, but evolution is basically nature. A consciousless mind. Evolution is a process, a collection of random events over billions of years.
Kids are turds today because parents are bad parents. They use really bad parenting techniques such as "Grounding" to punish behavior they caused/allowed. If you need religion to be a good person, you're a BAD person. People grow up realizing, if taught well, that there are consequences for their actions, in THEIR lifetime. Forcing people to obey madeup pointless rules is horrible.

If I don't like America... get out?
Really, that's your solution? It's your way or the highway? Man the whole point of being a citizen is if you don't like something you get to change it for the better. In cases like this where the biased majority is way larger than the minority.

People will ask "Well WHY does it hurt you?" and it doesn't matter, the point is people don't understand why it hurts me so they just ignore it and treat it like it doesn't matter. It's simple. Keep religion OUT of government in any way.

ALSO, if it's not a big deal to most of you, why is it those same people would be upset if it was taken out?

Last edited by FutureBumbleBee; 07-18-2009 at 02:46 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:08 AM   #42
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
I was waiting for this...
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote