Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #155
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Do you think that longevity will be a problem the way it is or is that why you are going with the forged internals?

Are ya'll having issues putting it down to the pavement?

Reason I am asking is my nephew has an 07 Mustang, I know, with 850 rwhp. Pro-charged, Nitrous, Meth Injected, Forged, it is built, built rear and tranny BUt can't hook too much power . So wondering at what point is too much tooo much 650 700, 750??? I know when his boost kicks in he gets sideways, just wondering if it is the same for you guys.
I'm going forged since I'm wanting to up my boost and shoot for 700RWHP. I don't want to take any chances by throwing too much boost at the stock block/internals.

If you're on street tires then you're going to have a problem getting them to hook. I have Toyo Proxes and if I floor it from a dig then I'll generally spin my tires through 1st and 2nd, and yes it will get sideways on you if you aren't careful. It took me a week or so to get used to the added power since this is my first car with F/I. Once I wear these tires out I'm going to run some Nittos.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #156
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
That was his problem from the dig he broke the rear, fixed it, then broke the tranny, fixed it, now the problem is the tires. He has drag radials but still spins through third.

My question to him is what good is it if you can't use it? My little 450 stayed with him for a bit , until his boost kicked in then I was toast, but I don't have 28 k in my motor either. lol.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #157
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
That was his problem from the dig he broke the rear, fixed it, then broke the tranny, fixed it, now the problem is the tires. He has drag radials but still spins through third.

My question to him is what good is it if you can't use it? My little 450 stayed with him for a bit , until his boost kicked in then I was toast, but I don't have 28 k in my motor either. lol.
I generally ease into the throttle from a dig and then punch it after I'm in third. That works much better.

28k? WOW!
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #158
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
You know Russ the track is open tomorrow at noon... and Cars n Coffee is in the morning same direction for both....

just sayin...
Old 01-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #159
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Russ you car is super bad. Have you done any runs in it? The reason I am asking is to see if you have had any issues. I see that you change the axles so they should be good.

Alot of questions are asked about how much HP these cars can take, just kinda wanted to know from someone who has a beast and pushes it a bit.
I haven't had a chance to take it to the track. Owen at ARD did a great job on the car, and we're both confident everything will hold up. We've actually got a guy in our club (MAD600) that is running a little more power than I am (on spray), and his car has been fine at the track. I did the axles and some other BMR stuff just for the added insurance.

I have run it hard before on the open toll road, but of course never exceeded the posted speed limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
I have almost identical numbers to Russ and I've pushed mine quite a few times and it holds up fine. Axles are definitely on my list next because the stock ones have been known to snap around the 620RWHP range. I'm also going to forged pistons/rods so I can up my boost. I'm shooting for 700 to the wheels.
That will be awesome. Right now this is my daily driver, and I'm really happy with the current power. I could go with more boost, but then I'll need more fuel. If I go that far I may as well forge the internals and up the boost. Or maybe just drop in a 427.

Quote:
Russ,

I'm loving your beast and it is funny how similar our builds are. My next cosmetic mod is the rear blackout. Just trying to get the scrap together for it.
I love my front and rear blackouts. Definitely one of my favorite mods.

Quote:
Do you think that longevity will be a problem the way it is or is that why you are going with the forged internals?

Are ya'll having issues putting it down to the pavement?
I think the car will be fine, but you have to imagine if you're putting more strain on the engine you will shorten its life. I think the reward is worth the risk, but if someone struggles with the possibility of having to rebuild or replace an engine then this much power might not be for them. Heck, some people don't want to do a simple tune or CAI cause they're afraid they'll lose their warranty. Where's the fun in that?

Definitely issues hooking up, especially with the 22s. If you put it to the floor it will go all over the place. I'm going to get some track wheels and drag radials so I can really see what she can do.

Quote:
I generally ease into the throttle from a dig and then punch it after I'm in third. That works much better.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You know Russ the track is open tomorrow at noon... and Cars n Coffee is in the morning same direction for both....

just sayin...
LOL! You just want to say you beat me again when I sit at the tree for 30 seconds spinning!
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #160
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
LOL! You just want to say you beat me again when I sit at the tree for 30 seconds spinning!
You don't want me to start posting up old time slips..LOL... learn to drive that thing and lets go...

....you do know you are part of Team L99 (PQ Captain) at C5 Fest...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...40#post2703740
Old 01-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #161
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
You don't want me to start posting up old time slips..LOL... learn to drive that thing and lets go...

....you do know you are part of Team L99 (PQ Captain) at C5 Fest...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...40#post2703740
LOL...nobody tells me anything.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #162
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Thanks bro!

Awesome Bunny! Send me some pics of yours to play around with!
I will SO do that! About to go to a photo shoot this weekend. I'll send a few your way in a pm.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #163
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

I forgot to post a cool add on ARD gave me with my Whipple build. I told Owen I'm not a big sticker guy, but I wanted to give some props on my build. Owen had his painter make me a custom piece for the front of the engine bay. He took the black metal piece, put his sticker on, then had it painted orange. He then removed the sticker and they cleared it. He even removed the GM Performance tag and put it back on. I like the way it turned out, and really appreciate him giving it to me. Here's a pic.
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #164
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Here's another update. I've been anxious to get my car on the track, but there was no way I was doing it on my new Savinis. I just ordered Forgestar F14s from Tony (Nineball) in matte black (18X10 and 18X9). He said they should be here in 2-3 weeks. I'm going with Mickey Thompson 305/45/18s for the back and Nitto 265/50/18s for the front.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #165
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Here's another update. I've been anxious to get my car on the track, but there was no way I was doing it on my new Savinis. I just ordered Forgestar F14s from Tony (Nineball) in matte black (18X10 and 18X9). He said they should be here in 2-3 weeks. I'm going with Mickey Thompson 305/45/18s for the back and Nitto 265/50/18s for the front.
good choice. should look good while being a lot lighter for the track. can't wait for results!!

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #166
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge.128 View Post
good choice. should look good while being a lot lighter for the track. can't wait for results!!
Me neither. It will be nice to feel the power without sliding all over the place!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #167
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
VERY NICE.... might have to do a fit test on my car for a run or two...
Old 01-28-2011, 12:56 AM   #168
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
VERY NICE.... might have to do a fit test on my car for a run or two...
No problem bro, but I heard you don't need mine anymore. You got your own drag radials.