Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #71
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
The value of mods drops as soon as you do them... And in most cases I've seen depriciates the value even more....open your eyes and maybe youl realize in many places you can get a brand new one for less....
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #72
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
LOL not getting good resale on a slightly used car? OMG what the hell lol.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:52 PM   #73
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Man, just keep the car. Lots of people try to sell their sports cars at the end of the summer, but few people want to buy a car, make payments on it and pay insurance for 4-5 months when they can't enjoy it, not in this economy. That's probably why you're not seeing much interest.

If you want a quick sale, you might have to be open to taking less money, but if you want to hold firm, you're probably going to have to be patient. Maybe try selling it to Carmax, but I'm pretty sure they're going to offer below $30-31k.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:59 PM   #74
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
I stated last March that if a person buys one of these at MSRP or over and needs to get rid of it they will take quite a bath. Camaros and Firebirds always were that way. I am going to be buying a gently used 2SS Auto with low miles on it and I'm betting I will get one by next spring for 27k-29K with less than 15k miles on it. If the car stays really hot I may have to pay up to 31k but any more than that, I may as well buy new. I know that sounds scary from your stand point but I expect by then GM will be discounting new by a few grand, and if they even have a 2 grand rebate that puts you 5 grand in the hole without allowing for depreciation. Doesn't take too long to get to 10k less than what you paid. Forget about tax etc. The next guy is going to have to pay that again so thay won't care. Your car probably would sell for 32k. If you are offered more that that I would grab it or just keep it for fun.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:15 PM   #75
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens Blvd View Post
Man, just keep the car. Lots of people try to sell their sports cars at the end of the summer, but few people want to buy a car, make payments on it and pay insurance for 4-5 months when they can't enjoy it, not in this economy. That's probably why you're not seeing much interest.

If you want a quick sale, you might have to be open to taking less money, but if you want to hold firm, you're probably going to have to be patient. Maybe try selling it to Carmax, but I'm pretty sure they're going to offer below $30-31k.
This is going to be an issue from every angle...sports cars of all types are "buyer market" cars come fall. Other than this one new Vette...I've purchased all of mine in the fall. Come to think of it...my F-body's were the same pattern. Your location is definitely one of the factors to consider...up there it is more of a "fun" car. The further south you go, the more it is a year-round car. In Oklahoma, there is typically less than 2 weeks total of the year I couldn't drive a sports car if I wanted to (I'm a little more cautious than some though-I remember seeing a '90 ZR1 in '90 out in a snow storm!). I really do wish you well in your sale, but I'm afraid you are going to have to take less...

As far as a title with a lien on it goes, that is the way Oklahoma is too. You just go to the bank with the buyer-which you should do anyway to verify that the cash or cashier's check is real. If the bank can verify the check's veracity while you are there-getting easier to do everyday!-then the buyer can get a lien release right then. If it will take longer, you provide a notarized title, a bill of sale and the bank sends the lien release once it is processed. It isn't an unusual transaction if you are from a state like this.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:29 PM   #76
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
The money that is spent on mods, you don't get back. The mods may help, or hurt, your cars sale, but you won't get dolllar for dalloar back out of the car what you put in it.

When I got my ram in Febuary I added, spray in bed liner, tonneau cover, tint, cai, cat-back, nerf bars, new grill, etc. All that is up in smoke if I were to trade it or sell it tomorrow. Sure it would sell before another ram with no extras, but I wouldn't get any more for mine.

I would take it out West and sell it out in the warm weather. You will get more money for it. Best of luck to you man, hope you change your mind and keep her.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:53 PM   #77
Foster26

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM 6SP CGRS #9761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrboyd_1980 View Post
When someone asks you do you have title, they usually mean Clean Title, with no lien. Meaning do you own the vehicle. You have a 12k Lien on vehicle so guess what no you don't own it. Hard concept so let me break it in simple terms for you.

You no pay bank. Bank take car.

Let me know if still confused.
Dude, no need to be such an ass about this. You sound like a guy that has never been out of the state you live in. There are several states that issue the owner a title before the car is paid for. The OP never said he "owned" it and that term is relative anyway. Ever filled out an application that asked if you own or rent your home? Hope you didn't check "own" if you still have a mortgage you liar! Trust me, I have my car in Oklahoma and guess what, I owe money AND I have the title. Last time I checked, it reads: "Certificate of Title" accross the top. So, shut up already.
Foster26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:56 PM   #78
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
1. Wrong time to sell a sports/muscle car.
2. Wrong place to sell a sports/muscle car. Honestly, between this and #1...how many people in the struggling economy of Buffalo NY are thinking about spending money on a car they're going to have to put into storage shortly? Why wouldn't they just wait until next year to buy?
3. Color is not for everyone, especially in your region. This color would do better in other areas of the country.
4. Most buyers do not want to hear that the car has been modded; they assume abuse, right or wrong.
5. New ones starting to sit on lots, order process taking ~2 months in some cases.

I'm not surprised you have no takers at the price you're offering. I'd agree with the person who suggested you take it to California with you and sell it there, where 1, 2, and 3 above would not be an issue. I bet you'd do better.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:58 PM   #79
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrboyd_1980 View Post
You owe 12K and you have the title? Lean holders do not release the title until the lean is payed off. Otherwise, if you have the title, why the hell would you pay the lean company? They couldn't take the car from you, because it's titled in your name.

YOU are wrong..

Not how it works in every state....

Esp not in NY.. if your are not 100% sure.. why open up the hole? as stated can transfer ownership same time-day as pay off
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:01 PM   #80
OBSSEST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Black
First Post on the site. This thread caught my attention because I wonder about resale since it was SOOO darn hard to locate my car in California.

Anyways, 2 things stand out here: First, the yellow color definitely limits potential buyers. Second, the mods you've made are costs incurred by you and you shouldn't expect to see any additional dollars for them. As stated by someone else, the mods further limit your potential buyers who might not want them.

Having just financed my car, my credit union offers great rates. The difference between NEW and USED rates is currently 0.4%. If you finance for 84 months, you are paying $1000 more in financing at a car in this price range. I'd personally want the seller of a used 2010 Camaro to eat that on top of a respectable loss in value. Someone threw out 32k as a respectable price, I think that's more plausible and nothing to balk at for a quick turnaround on a gently used car.

You don't want to wait too long, these cars are definitely going to become MORE available as production increases, further impacting resale value.
OBSSEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:08 PM   #81
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Good luck man. That's what sucks about buying new car because regardless of what it is you are rarely going to get your money back! I'd either bite bullet and keep it or hope you get good deal on trade in. Regardless good luck!
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:24 AM   #82
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
I can tell you 100% why you are having no bites. Its the price period. I looked at a used one up here myself but when a guy wants close to full sticker a thousand dollars off will make very little impact on your payment. What did i do i bought brand new i want to know the full history of my car from the beginnning. Want to sell it sorry your going to have to take a big time hit thats reality. My advice keep it.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:39 AM   #83
9c1ny

Drives: C6 Zed-oh-six
thanks for the input everyone, that was the premise of my thread, it wasnt supposed to say "I cant sell my car for what I think I should be getting", the mods changed it to that, it was originally titled "resale value of new Camaros in the toilet" and I think everyones posts here back up the title of my original thread...............

I understand cars depreciate but you guys that seem to think its only worth $30k

Does it seem right for a car to depreciate $7,000 in only 90 days??

That seems very extreme to me, I still see 05/06 GTOs with low miles selling for close to $20k and that was only a $30k car 5 years ago......................

Its irrevelent what you paid for your M6 1SS, go on the Chevy website and build my exact car and you will see what its worth, I am asking a fair price and someone will get a good deal.................

As for people like jrboyd_1980 please stay out of my thread, the title issue is irrevelent, the original poster asked if I had the title and I stated yes, no where did he ask if I had a lein free title so please dont assume and please stop arguing a moot point and get a life.......................

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and the comments and again the car is NOT my dd and I dont need to sell it so that being said comment away
Old 09-18-2009, 07:25 AM   #84
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
The car is going to be worth less and less as the months go by.

If you are desperate to sell it, I would get rid of it and take the "best case" loss you can find at this very moment.

You could try to market it in Dallas, tx. I never see camaros on any highways here.

yellow cars are normal in this area also.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote