Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #1
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
So..about this whole constraint thing...

Having ordered a 2SS in late June from a dealer who (supposedly) has allocation, I'm just wondering the estimation of how long this will set back the estimated arrival time. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm even assured that I will get the car at all.
CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
So here's the deal. SS production is now only 40% of the total. What that means is not only does the dealer need to have allocation, they need to have the ability to place the SS. For instance, a dealer may be able to order 2 Camaro's in a week, but they need to have the SS constraint to place an SS order. Now that GM has cut back SS production, the 1100 hold times may increase for alot of those waiting. The production time will still be approx 6 weeks once the order is placed, it's getting it placed. Good luck. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Becky Doyle
Rodgers Chevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi
734 479-7117
chevyfleet@aol.com

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
Brian2SS/RS
Giggity

Drives: 2009 Malibu 1LT
And that means.....? What does "have the SS constraint to place an SS order" mean?
Brian2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:55 PM   #4
akelly

Drives: 1969 Hugger Orange/2010 IOM
When do dealers find out how many ss allocations they'll have out of the total number?
akelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:08 PM   #5
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Dealers are given them weekly.
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
Having ordered a 2SS in late June from a dealer who (supposedly) has allocation, I'm just wondering the estimation of how long this will set back the estimated arrival time. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm even assured that I will get the car at all.
The question to ask is when do you have an open allocation. You get a monthly view of these numbers. The SS constraint, along with any others, will be given for each weekly order cycle.
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:59 PM   #7
CamaroFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCAR View Post
The question to ask is when do you have an open allocation. You get a monthly view of these numbers. The SS constraint, along with any others, will be given for each weekly order cycle.
This is what worries me. The dealer said he had allocation, but didn't know the allocation date. He also said of the three people on a list at his dealership to have a Camaro, I was #1. But how can that be? How can he know he has allocation but not know the date?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #8
CamaroFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian2SS/RS View Post
And that means.....? What does "have the SS constraint to place an SS order" mean?
I read it as: basically now not only do you need allocation, you need a special SS allocation to have an SS built.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #9
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Every Dealer can place orders...1, 20, 158....... But only so many can be pulled for production (and those orders can be submitted with ALLOCATION at dealers discretion....). they could let a high roller willing to pay a little more than you slide in first - that's happened to a few on this forum.

Order from a dealer you can trust - order from one that has references.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:04 PM   #10
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
This is what worries me. The dealer said he had allocation, but didn't know the allocation date. He also said of the three people on a list at his dealership to have a Camaro, I was #1. But how can that be? How can he know he has allocation but not know the date?
Then they don't have "allocation". Simply putting it in the system is NOT allocation.

Quote:
I read it as: basically now not only do you need allocation, you need a special SS allocation to have an SS built.
Right now there is SS allocation, and V6 (1LS, 1LT, and 2LT) allocation.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #11
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
We know how many vehicles we will be allocated through the 9/17 ordering cycle. Either he has no clue about the monthly allocation by week report or he has nothing for this months cycle. We will find out the next months allocations on or about 9/25.

For example, I had 2 cars for 9/3, 2 for 9/10 and 1 for 9/17. For 9/3, I was constrained to 1 SS. This fit my customers perfectly as the next 2 orders I had were an SS and an LT. I will not know next weeks constraints until 9/10. If you are in the mid-atlantic area and want to discuss, give me a call at 302-328-7000 ext 222. Oh, by the way, 1 9/10 slot and the 9/17 slot are still open!
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:22 PM   #12
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Every Dealer can place orders...1, 20, 158....... But only so many can be pulled for production (and those orders can be submitted with ALLOCATION at dealers discretion....). they could let a high roller willing to pay a little more than you slide in first - that's happened to a few on this forum.

Order from a dealer you can trust - order from one that has references.

I know it's just the way it is, but that's just wrong. I really hope GM does something different in the future. Personally I still and always will say first come first serve. All orders should of went into a central bank, and GM pulls the orders as they come in......That way it would have been about the customer, the way it should be.... IMO....
Old 09-04-2009, 10:52 PM   #13
CamaroFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I know it's just the way it is, but that's just wrong. I really hope GM does something different in the future. Personally I still and always will say first come first serve. All orders should of went into a central bank, and GM pulls the orders as they come in......That way it would have been about the customer, the way it should be.... IMO....
Agreed. Why WOULDN'T you do it this way?
Old 09-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #14
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Anyone find out what part they are having supply issues with?
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote