Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 09-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #15
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Two c5 festival one on each side of the country at the same time would be frigging aaaaasome!why can't this be done?
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #16
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Two c5 festival one on each side of the country at the same time would be frigging aaaaasome!why can't this be done?
I'm sure it takes A LOT to put on one event - let alone two...I bet that wouldn't be cheap at all....
Part of the fun is meeting all the other C5 peeps from all over

I'm psyched now though - I rearranged my school schedule starting next months so that I have those two weeks off class free!!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #17
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Because the Fbodfather can only make one!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #18
R6P

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Because the Fbodfather can only make one!
It'l have to be ours then
Old 10-05-2010, 01:38 AM   #19
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
You're slacking Tessa... add me to your list already!
I've got my room booked!
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:44 AM   #20
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I've been checking out the map and figuring out how far we can comfortably drive each day.

click here to see map

I really don't think we want to do much more than 12 hours of actual driving time each day. That's still some pretty long days worth of driving. Anyway if that's the case, to get there by Thursday afternoon for check-in, we would have to leave on Monday morning.

I'm figuring we can meet up at our regular Gregg's location in Warwick, RI Monday morning. We can meet somewhere else if it's more convenient... If we take the suggested route from mapquest, Columbus, Ohio is about a 12 1/2 hour drive(734 miles). That can be our first leg.

Tuesday morning we leave Columbus and drive to Springfield, Missouri. That should be just over a 10 hour drive(640 miles).

Wednesday morning we leave Springfield and drive to Albuquerque, New Mexico. That is a little over a 12 hour drive(830 miles).

Then Thursday morning we leave Albuquerque and drive the last 6 1/2 hours into Phoenix, Arizona(417 miles) for an early afternoon check-in.

The actual time for each leg will of course take longer then the drive time I noted above because it doesn't take into account meals and fuel/bathroom breaks.

This is just a starting point to give us a frame of reference so we know what we are getting ourselved into. It may change some as we may hook up with some other caravans along the way.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #21
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
now there is some forward thinking! You'll want to have a clip board to go along with that, I would think

Damn, those are long days. And lots of gas too. Just please don't end up like in one of those movies on the dark desert road, no gas station for miles, left for dead, with the vultures...then, along comes a semi...and who knows what happens after that???
:seesaw::fbodgou l1:

EDIT - you know, the funniest thing is there are less MapQuest steps to get form here to AZ then there are for me to get from here to my folks in PA...GO FIGURE!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #22
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
I couldn't drive that far without getting a ticket in my Camaro...

And I'm not towing it that far in the trailer either...
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #23
SSMOKN
Coupe

Drives: Camaro,955I
Way too far! I'll wait till its closer.
SSMOKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #24
wmora4

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IBM
it is a very long drive.. i drove as far as St Charles MO on a rental (charger) LOL

i am seriously thinking about joining you guys !!!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:50 AM   #25
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmora4 View Post
it is a very long drive.. i drove as far as St Charles MO on a rental (charger) LOL

i am seriously thinking about joining you guys !!!
Keep checking here -- I'm not as organized as some of the other regions but
It's a ways away so....no need to set the exact route into play at this second...

I'm keeping an eye on some of the other threads for caravan's to see if, once paths are set and others hook-up to each other, if any points along the way are good for us to join in....even if it's not until the TX area....

Of course everyone's free to go their own route -- since there are only two (maybe three ) of us going at this point....

But this is the thread to post any ideas or whatever for the caravan...
Old 10-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #26
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Tessa - you have it right. Keep an eye on the other regions, as you can probably join up with them along the way. It's just like we do for our events, only on a much grander scale. And since you're starting off on the East Coast, you won't have to worry about keeping track of as many peeps, so you might not need a clipboard - ...maybe I'll give it to you for the fbodyfather to sign...ooh...there's an idea! And maybe even our trophy!!!

Anyway, I'm curious, and I haven't read the thread about it, but what is the entry cost for the Fest? And sterling, you can probably answer, do they charge for the other things as well, like the burnout pit, the autocross, etc?

That is one hell of a long drive...you'll probably get to see a ton of cool stuff too, like the world's biggest ball of yarn or something!
Old 10-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #27
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Quote:
Originally Posted by molloni View Post
Tessa - you have it right. Keep an eye on the other regions, as you can probably join up with them along the way. It's just like we do for our events, only on a much grander scale. And since you're starting off on the East Coast, you won't have to worry about keeping track of as many peeps, so you might not need a clipboard - ...maybe I'll give it to you for the fbodyfather to sign...ooh...there's an idea! And maybe even our trophy!!!

Anyway, I'm curious, and I haven't read the thread about it, but what is the entry cost for the Fest? And sterling, you can probably answer, do they charge for the other things as well, like the burnout pit, the autocross, etc?

That is one hell of a long drive...you'll probably get to see a ton of cool stuff too, like the world's biggest ball of yarn or something!
THAT is SO what I'm going for!!! YEAHH

They have not posted yet the fees -- from what I know there was a driver fee and a spectator fee -- the driver fee got you a lot of swag (saved you $$ in the long run) so I signed up as a driver

My directions right now show me going down to PA and across (OMG I hate driving in VA it takes forever and PA is like 14billion times as long across as VA is up and down ) We'll be in PA for 4 weeks.....

But it all depends on rally points for other caravans....I don't want us to waste time going down the east coast and then across -- it's already a 4 day drive so

We shall see as time progresses....and we're a small bunch so we can pop in unnoticed to other caravans
Old 10-08-2010, 04:33 AM   #28
HINEY1
TRANS4MR

Drives: Camaro's & Corvette's
C5fest 2 meet

Hey sterlingnotes/tessa
What about meeting up with the EastCanada convoy in Dayton Ohio?
Monday night April 11th

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/8-L_cQr5xXhdr3RFoE

OR
Hookup in Nashville with Blackhawk6

Last edited by HINEY1; 10-08-2010 at 05:20 AM.
HINEY1 is offline   Reply With Quote