Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #15
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
They are teenage girls, they will go gaga for the Bimmer lol.
Maybe I'm just out of date with today's youth. In my day it was Camaro, Firebird/Trans Am or Mustang.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #16
victorv

Drives: none
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFox1 View Post
torque, weight, gear ratios, suspension setups, there's a lot of factors.

HPS is planing to make a front mount single turbo kit for the v6 camaro.. should give you v8 like power.

just sayin.

couple that with the HUGE aftermarket for camaro.. its not a bad deal. The new v6s in these cars are stout and capable.
Yeah I thought about a turbo for the Camaro but it would void the warranty and my parents wouldn't go for that even if the turbo came with a warranty. Maybe I would go ahead and just have it installed anyway if the turbo comes with a warrenty like iv heard some do. A turbo charged v6 camaro would be alot of fun. I also looked into just taking the camaro because of the aftermarket stuff but other than turbo or supercharging or nitrous which would all void the warranty i figured i could only get up to 360 hp tops with changing the computer, CAI and exhaust and that's at the crank. If there was more mods that really make a difference than I'd like to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBelarus View Post
What a stupid post... there is NO any right number. 328i - 6.4 0-60, not 6.3. Camaro is 324 hp not 325, motortrend got 5.9 with 2010 with 306hp, not 6.6 (WTF? challenger v6 is faster that this), 2012 with new engine even faster, camaro weight is 3750, not 4100.

So we have 3400 230hp 6.4 14.7 1/4 bmw and 3750 324hp 5.9 14.2 1/4 (or even better with new engine) camaro. Where is a problem?
The problem is that I have a choice between driving one or the other and i know there is no exact number but you can get close . I notice you don't know the 0-60 num er at all for the 2012 Camaro and that's the car im talking about not 2010. I couldnt find any 0-60 time more reliable than the 6.6 i read from a motor trend article and i also read that the v6 Camry runs a faster 0-60 than the v6 Camaro. about Even if the BMW is at 6.4 and the camaro is running a 6.0 it still leaves me wondering why Chevy couldn't produce a faster car with that three hundred twenty FOUR hp V6. Also it makes me wonder why the camaro is so heavy when it's a couple and the BMW is a sedan.

Quote:
What a stupid post... there is NO any right number. 328i - 6.4 0-60, not 6.3. Camaro is 324 hp not 325, motortrend got 5.9 with 2010 with 306hp, not 6.6 (WTF? challenger v6 is faster that this), 2012 with new engine even faster, camaro weight is 3750, not 4100.

So we have 3400 230hp 6.4 14.7 1/4 bmw and 3750 324hp 5.9 14.2 1/4 (or even better with new engine) camaro. Where is a problem?
pluss, your post is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock36 View Post
My wife has a 2011 328i, the torque really isn't there in the I6; there is only 200 ft-lbs on tap. It does come in pretty low at 2750 rpm. Its acceleration is more from the gearing and the fact that it can rev to 7000 rpm.

You also need to keep in mind that the 6.4 seconds is likely for a RWD coupe with the 6 speed manual. I doubt my wife's cracks 0-60 in 7 seconds with the way it is configured and optioned, maybe on a good day it would hit 6.9 seconds.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Yeah I didn't feel like it got to 60 that fast but when I'm manual shifting it does pin me back a little bit, it a quick fun little machine wouldn't you say? I am kind of suspicious of one 6.3 number but then again the 0-60 numbers Iv seen between years vary alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Lets back up....

Your parents...are buying you a car...and you're complaining about which one you're getting?

Wow....I got a 1991 Accord in 2003 when I turned 16. Appreciation is at an all time low anymore..

Someone calling for the wambulence?

Call a damn wambulance for you and your accord not my fault you ended up with a lemon, I'm not 16 and its not my first car, and I have a choice between the two so I'm trying to work out the real pros and cons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11 Camaro IBM View Post
Lol seriously if your getting a car don't complain I've had my v6 for a year and have full bolts and tune exept headers and it's fast! Now I'm working on gettingtje ex super charger the ipf on a stock v6 and does 0-60 in 4.7 and 13.1 on stock tires and stock everything other than the charger
Your saying your v6 runs a 4.7 without a supercharger? What are the mods? 4.7 is what the ss runs isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
If it's your first vehicle then you don't need a SS anyway.
Its not my first I get what your saying but iv driven different things for 6 years, and iv wanted a muscle car for a while, tried out my friends 5.0 mustang and its hard to get that feeling out of my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenningJ View Post
Ding ding ding, we have a winner! I completely agree.

OP, grow the f*ck up and buy your own damn car. Oh and maybe a little better research would help too.
Your just mad cuz my moms BMW smokes your rs haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I assume you have driven your mother's car, but have you test driven a Camaro? If not, do it. If you still aren't convenced, ask the girls at school which they would rather be seen out on a date in. I'm guessing the Camaro will win in both tests and the V6/V8 thing won't come up at all.
Your right about testing the Camaro I rode in one but my friend wouldn't rev it cuz he's gay. and about the girls idk they are both very sexy cars ha i really could have worse choices, the thing is the BMW is very comfy and luxurious inside and the Camaro is a bit cramped I'm about 6ft and the vision in the back is bad i wouldn't think twice about taking an ss despite that stuff ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANGE2001 View Post
Seriously, the kid has no driving experience and he wants 426 ponies at his disposal???

that is just crazy OP...dont you know you could poke your eye out with the V8????
I'm a excelent driver but it would be stupid to try to prove it on the internet wouldn't it? I'm going to get a hotrod and supe it up sooner or later I would just love to take the 400+ hp step now haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANGE2001 View Post
a little harsh bro...but ultimately he is right OP, save up and buy it the way you want it.
come on if you were gonna get an rs and could get an ss for a few Gs more what would you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
They are teenage girls, they will go gaga for the Bimmer lol.
Your right bro I got to armoral the passenger seat after dates
Old 05-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #17
CamaroBelarus

Drives: black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorv View Post
The problem is that I have a choice between driving one or the other and i know there is no exact number but you can get close . I notice you don't know the 0-60 num er at all for the 2012 Camaro and that's the car im talking about not 2010. I couldnt find any 0-60 time more reliable than the 6.6 i read from a motor trend article and i also read that the v6 Camry runs a faster 0-60 than the v6 Camaro. about Even if the BMW is at 6.4 and the camaro is running a 6.0 it still leaves me wondering why Chevy couldn't produce a faster car with that three hundred twenty FOUR hp V6. Also it makes me wonder why the camaro is so heavy when it's a couple and the BMW is a sedan.
This is so stupid BS. WHERE did u find motortrend got 6.6? Link? All articles 5.7-5.9....

And how stupid u have to be to think, that 2012 with + 11hp have to be 6.6 if 312 hp 2010 is 5.7-5.9... Jesus....
Old 05-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #18
victorv

Quote:
This is so stupid BS. WHERE did u find motortrend got 6.6? Link? All articles 5.7-5.9....

And how stupid u have to be to think, that 2012 with + 11hp have to be 6.6 if 312 hp 2010 is 5.7-5.9... Jesus....
Unlike you I don't just assume that just because the car is newer that it's faster

http://m.motortrend.com/roadtests/co...est/index.html

Suck it
Old 05-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #19
CamaroBelarus

Quote:
Unlike you I don't just assume that just because the car is newer that it's faster

Suck it
Idiot... Its a vert...
Old 05-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #20
victorv

Quote:
Idiot... Its a vert...
Doesn't make a difference
Old 05-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #21
DarkFox1

Drives: 2012 2SS A6
This attitude isn't cool man.

You came here for advice, you got it.. now you're (yes that's YOU'RE AS IN YOU ARE.. NOT YOUR..) insulting everyone and acting like you're "better than" everyone.

Chill out, enjoy the spoiled life while it lasts, take what they give you or get a job on the side and buy one yourself. That's what I did.. I didn't like my 1st car that my parents gave me for the last 2 years I owned it, (had it 7, liked it 5) but I got a job, saved up, and with their help as cosigners bought what I wanted as my 2nd vehicle.

Don't be OBSESSED with textbook numbers they do not equate REAL WORLD performance and scenarios especially on the street.

If you plan to track the car any reasonable work can make it a potential heavy hitter, the v6 is slower than the v8 yes, and yes it's slower than a mustang 5.0, but it is a capable motor with a nice aftermarket and a lot of mods.

If you do NOT plan to track the car.. well street racing is illegal as you probably know.. so it won't matter ALL THAT MUCH.. if it's a v6.. a v8.. a moped.. most of your fun will have to come WITHIN THE LAW and that means twisty turny roads.. and you CAN do those just fine in a stock v6.. whats more the suspension SHOULD fit from the v8 so you have that as a benefit.

TL;DR: dude chill out. You got the info you need, take your brand new free car or don't. It's a good car, you'll like it, but no stock it won't beat your friend's 5.0.

Also, iirc, verts are heavier than hardtops.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #22
CamaroBelarus

Quote:
Im done with a troll after this masterpiece, i think. Happy driving...
Old 05-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #23
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Doesn't make a difference?

Oh wow....... That really sums up what you know huh?

Click Picture for Build Thread
Old 05-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #24
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I am IN BEFORE THE LOCK and before this know it all, spoiled brat of a kid gets banned (and yes, you are going to get banned if you keep up the attitude)

Now kid...sit back and read this post. Learn something, and show some respect. You know you wouldn't say half the snotty ass comments you've left here when talking to any of us in person, and if you did you'd get your mouth slapped right off....

Quote:
My parents want to buy a v6 rather than the SS for me. Im finding it very hard to get excited when they could get the SS for just a few grand more. On top of that I found out that my moms BMW run a 6.3 0-60 with just around 230 hp and 3.0 displacment!! The 325 hp 3.6L v6 camaro only runs a 6.6 acording to motor trend!! I did more research and found that the BMW weighs about 3400 compared to the Camaro's 4100. Still to me that discrepancy does not explain the .3 0-60 difference because the 2012 mustang weighs 400 pounds less with 18 hp less and is only .1 seconds faster in the camaro. What gives?? The only explination i can come up with is the added torque from the inline six of the BMW. Is there something else I am missing such as gearing? One thing is for sure those Germans can make damn good car.
Your numbers are COMPLETELY wrong for the Camaro.

The 2010 and 2011 Camaros were good for 312 HP and 278 TQ. The automatics were tested by Motortrend to do a 6.0 second 0 - 60 while the manual was eventually tested and got as low as a 5.6 0 - 60. The 2010 and 2011s also weigh around 3,750 lbs.

The 2012 is rated with 323HP and 278 TQ, but the peak power comes slightly lower in the rpm range so pick up should be a tad faster. The engine is also 20lbs lighter. So with that you know the 2012 is going to be as fast or faster than the earlier models.

Oh, and by the way the mustang has been tested to do 0 - 60 in the low 5 second range with the lower gears. This was also tested by Motortrend.

Quote:
Your saying your v6 runs a 4.7 without a supercharger? What are the mods? 4.7 is what the ss runs isn't it?
He stated that it is a supercharged V6...please read. These supercharged Camaros are making somewhere around 480 crank HP.

Quote:

Suck it
Look, the 2012 is as quick or quicker than the 2010s and 2011s...it only makes sense.

Now....grow up.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #25
victorv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFox1 View Post
This attitude isn't cool man.

You came here for advice, you got it.. now you're (yes that's YOU'RE AS IN YOU ARE.. NOT YOUR..) insulting everyone and acting like you're "better than" everyone.

Chill out, enjoy the spoiled life while it lasts, take what they give you or get a job on the side and buy one yourself. That's what I did.. I didn't like my 1st car that my parents gave me for the last 2 years I owned it, (had it 7, liked it 5) but I got a job, saved up, and with their help as cosigners bought what I wanted as my 2nd vehicle.

Don't be OBSESSED with textbook numbers they do not equate REAL WORLD performance and scenarios especially on the street.

If you plan to track the car any reasonable work can make it a potential heavy hitter, the v6 is slower than the v8 yes, and yes it's slower than a mustang 5.0, but it is a capable motor with a nice aftermarket and a lot of mods.

If you do NOT plan to track the car.. well street racing is illegal as you probably know.. so it won't matter ALL THAT MUCH.. if it's a v6.. a v8.. a moped.. most of your fun will have to come WITHIN THE LAW and that means twisty turny roads.. and you CAN do those just fine in a stock v6.. whats more the suspension SHOULD fit from the v8 so you have that as a benefit.

TL;DR: dude chill out. You got the info you need, take your brand new free car or don't. It's a good car, you'll like it, but no stock it won't beat your friend's 5.0.

Also, iirc, verts are heavier than hardtops.
I couldn't care less about what you think I should or shouldn't do I asked about why the Camaro is slower than the bwm with almost 100 more hp and no one has been able to really answer including you. The difference between a Camaro with a hardtop and the convertible is 250 lbs big deal
Old 05-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #26
KMPrenger

Quote:
Verts are much heavier....it makes a difference.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #27
KMPrenger

Quote:
I couldn't care less about what you think I should or shouldn't do I asked about why the Camaro is slower than the bwm with almost 100 more hp and no one has been able to really answer including you. The difference between a Camaro with a hardtop and the convertible is 250 lbs big deal
You must not realize that for the average car, 100 lbs can equal another tenth in the quarter mile....but thats right...you already know everything.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #28
victorv

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Verts are much heavier....it makes a difference.
250 pounds heavier which still doesn't make much of a difference it answer my question.

Closed Thread