Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 09-08-2016, 11:13 PM   #1
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Yay!!! Football again!

Great game tonight.

My biggest question is why Cam wasn't taken out of the game after the big hit for concussion protocol. Earlier in the game, Marshall had been taken out for a hit that was far less viscous than the one against Cam. According to the protocol, he should have gone to the sideline to be evaluated for at least a play. Instead, he stayed in the game. Is the NFL going to be selective in how they apply the rule?

On a side note...Cam needs to learn how to slide.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:28 PM   #2
Niemienator

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Agreed. Full disclosure, I am a Broncos fan. Never like to see anyone get hit in the head like that.... Definitely looked like the second incident rang his bell and he had a dazed look on his face coming out of the huddle.

Not ok, but I'm sure the player personality like Newton is factored into whether or not they pull them from the game.
Niemienator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:36 PM   #3
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Yeah, he should have been pulled for evaluation, on another note still posing, I thought he might have grown up after the Super Bowl loss, too immature to win against the Broncos. A lot of mistakes.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:57 AM   #4
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
There has been football already. I watch college, as it's not $40M babies being full time pricks.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:18 AM   #5
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
There has been football already. I watch college, as it's not $40M babies being full time pricks.
College football. Now with no tradition...which is what college football should be about. Instead, Vegas wants them to have a playoff system because they want to bet on it.

College football used to be great. It isn't now. You have 2 or 3 teams that are powerhouses, and than the rest which are lower tier. There is NO parity in college football, so half the games are blowouts against creampuff teams.

College football actually sucks now compared to before the BCS and playoff systems. Rose Bowl? Used to be Pac-10 vs. Big 10. Was fun to watch, and no one really cared who was #1. Now it's all about schedule manipulation to go undefeated against creampuffs.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:54 AM   #6
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
College football. Now with no tradition...which is what college football should be about. Instead, Vegas wants them to have a playoff system because they want to bet on it.

College football used to be great. It isn't now. You have 2 or 3 teams that are powerhouses, and than the rest which are lower tier. There is NO parity in college football, so half the games are blowouts against creampuff teams.

College football actually sucks now compared to before the BCS and playoff systems. Rose Bowl? Used to be Pac-10 vs. Big 10. Was fun to watch, and no one really cared who was #1. Now it's all about schedule manipulation to go undefeated against creampuffs.
I agree. It has sucked seeing some colleges turn into such pro driven farm teams, and the utter loss of discipline and education. Half the ones in the NFL can barely speak English. But if it comes down to watching a college game, or the nonsense that is now the NFL, it's an easy choice.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:48 PM   #7
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
My take aways:
- Denver's plan at QB with Trevor Siemian seemed nuts, but he played really well on balance I thought
- Carolina has a run defense issue
- Denver coaches their players to play dirty; this is 3rd year I have seen this kind of head hunting/nasty play

Champs looked way better than I thought they would. Very good team.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:09 PM   #8
vegas girl

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS BRM convertible
OK.....Bronco fans....nice game!!!!!!! I looooove my football. Your Broncos signed my one of youngest son's best friends (since HS)....# 97 DT....Billy Winn....was with Browns for 4 years....I hope he shows what he's really made of with the Broncos.

2013 2LT/RS BRM Convertible
vegas girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #9
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
My take aways:
- Denver's plan at QB with Trevor Siemian seemed nuts, but he played really well on balance I thought
- Carolina has a run defense issue
- Denver coaches their players to play dirty; this is 3rd year I have seen this kind of head hunting/nasty play

Champs looked way better than I thought they would. Very good team.
I don't think Siemian played that well at all. But as long as he can be a game manager, their run game and defense will keep them in games. just like last season.