Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #113
JDP Tech

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS 429 LSX/F1X
This is not the main announcement, but an answer to some questions, with more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrimah View Post
Will this work with ACS's drl harness for the halos?
I'm not sure how that works, I assume it turns on the halo's when the DRLs are on? If thats the case, then I'd probably say no. Instead, this will have that basic function built in, but better.
For power source, it utilizes a switch which lets you use constant battery power, or ignition switched power. So you can have the switch turned to ignition, and whenever the ignition is on, the halo's will be on, driving night or day, parked, etc.
Or you could flip it to constant battery power to keep it on while driving and even while the ignition is off, for car shows, or just to look cool in the parking lot.
We've tested the kit with the ignition off, and halo's on in show mode (switching colors constantly) for hours on end, without starting the engine, and the car started right up after, no hesitation. If your battery is in good condition, you should even be able to get away with leaving it on overnight, without draining the battery, but probably not recommended. We've tested it up to 10 hours straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Sweet!! Let's see what type of deal you guys can provide on full headlight packages with color change halos installed and HID's. I'm looking forward to it! This makes me curious, as there are options now, and we all loveeeee options.
At first, we will only release the halo kit, but will be releasing the whole kit and caboodle, with new RS headlights and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholloway6 View Post
Can we get some sort of install information before the presale? If these are as easy as they sound, I am IN!
(caramel)
For installation, the bumper needs to come off, both headlight assemblies removed, then do some "stuff" with the headlights (if we release exactly how its done, our niche would be gone). This is the most difficult part, but this part really isn't too hard to do, and in my honest opinion, is a lot easier than baking and prying open the headlight assemblies. I would guess it would take the average person probably a maximum of 30-40 minutes to do both headlights. Then route the wires from right headlight to left, then through the firewall. Mount the controller and switch wherever you want, grab your powers from the fuse box, ground a wire, and then mount your indicator LED wherever you want, and enjoy the light show!
I mounted my switch in the drivers kick panel just under the dash, so you can't see it, but can access it easily. I mounted the controller just behind that panel. I mounted the indicator light between the steering column and dash on the left side (as seen in the video) to be out of the way (not blinding at night), yet easily viewable.

There will be no soldering or splicing required. The whole harness will basically be plug and play, with just a few wires needing to be connected with screws and such.

We will include very thorough installation instructions, quite possibly with video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
What information can you give us up front? Installation issues/method? Color choices? Controller? Difficulty wiring? Does it work off of the factory headlight switch with the opportunity to change colors via the controller/remote?
We will most likely be releasing two different controllers, but only one at first. The first will have 8 different static colors (white, aqua, blue, orange, red, yellow, green, and purple), will have 6 different "show" modes, allow you to turn the kit off and on, and turn the brightness up or down, all via the wireless RF remote (does not need line of sight to work), and works from up to 30 or so feet away (in the previous video I was controlling it with the remote while filming from that distance.

Thanks for the interest, and stay tuned for the announcement!
- Jeremy
JDP Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #114
Gator6977

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
I know you don't want to lose your "niche," but atleast tell us if they require a small door cut, holes drilled or the installation of a teleportation device. Specifics can be kept to a minimum, just needing a rough idea before I'm all in.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #115
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Thanks Jeremy. Since you are releasing the halo kit really soon, how soon are we talking about that you'll be releasing whole RS headlight kits with halos installed? Weeks, months, year, etc?
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #116
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech@JDP View Post
We will most likely be releasing two different controllers, but only one at first. The first will have 8 different static colors (white, aqua, blue, orange, red, yellow, green, and purple), will have 6 different "show" modes, allow you to turn the kit off and on, and turn the brightness up or down, all via the wireless RF remote (does not need line of sight to work), and works from up to 30 or so feet away (in the previous video I was controlling it with the remote while filming from that distance.
Any word on what the second controller will do and any chance a rough price?
Thanks

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #117
JDP Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator6977 View Post
the installation of a teleportation device.

No holes, no drilling, no cutting, just some ingenious techniques to get what we want done! A small slit in the vent cover is required to get the wiring through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Thanks Jeremy. Since you are releasing the halo kit really soon, how soon are we talking about that you'll be releasing whole RS headlight kits with halos installed? Weeks, months, year, etc?
The biggest hold-up is the wiring harness for the RS lights. If you have this already, then getting the headlights and kit together is easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeRidesAlone View Post
Any word on what the second controller will do and any chance a rough price?
Thanks
I don't have a ton of info yet on the second controller, but I do know it will have a color wheel on the remote, allowing you to choose any exact color you want, and save those colors as preset. Not sure on price, any show modes, dimming, or anything like that yet.

- Jeremy
Old 12-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #118
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Sign me up SOLD
Old 12-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #119
JDP Tech

There will be an early bird announcement on our Facebook page first, in the next few minutes with purchase information, followed by the info on this site later today. The first 50 kits get special pricing, so the sooner the better.

Like JDP Motorsports on Facebook!

- Jeremy

Last edited by JDP Tech; 12-13-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #120
Darth V8R
I'm on a horse

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Ordered!
Old 12-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #121
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
whats the price after the special deal
Old 12-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #122
ubrimah
Oreo

Drives: Summit White LT/RS A6
Is it possible to use this and acc styles drl harness together? If so count me in!
ubrimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #123
JDP Tech

What does the harness do exactly? Turn on the DRLs at night too? Turn on the halo's during the day?
If it turns on the fogs at night, then yes, it should work with this kit.
If it turns on the halo's during the day (as driving lights), then that will be useless, but the kit has that built in function, of being on whenever you want them on; during the day, night, automatically when you're driving, all night long, pretty much whenever you want they will be on!

- Jeremy
Old 12-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #124
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
so i can program it to turn on white for standard use when the car is turned on like stock ?
Old 12-13-2011, 05:57 PM   #125
JDP Tech

Yes, whatever color and mode it was on when last turned off, it will display. So if you have it switched on for ignition power on constant white and go to the grocery store, they will then turn off. When you start going again, it will turn back on constant white, or red, or orange, whatever color and mode you last had it on.

- Jeremy
Old 12-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #126
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Thank you for answering my questions on the phone today Jeremy. This looks like a tremendous kit you guys have created.