Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
moultron

Drives: 2ss Inferno Orange
Send a message via AIM to moultron Send a message via Skype™ to moultron
My visit to BMR Fabrication today....Awesome!

Before I begin, I must say that I have absolutely NO connection to BMR in any way, shape, or form. I am just an end user consumer that loves to fix my car up like the rest of you guys. In fact I am currently sporting all Hotchkis suspension components, which now may change soon!

Just wanted to share with you guys a visit I took to BMR Fabrication here in Tampa today. I am looking into upgrading some of my suspension components, such as rear trailing arms and toe rods, so after finding out that BMR is close to my house I called over there and spoke to Kyle. I asked Kyle if he would mind if I came by just to check out the factory and he obliged. All I can is WOW!!!!! I was very impressed.

If you have any questions about what brand components to go with then I urge you to have full confidence in the BMR product. First off they are extremely friendly, informative and love what they do. Their shop is very clean, efficient and tight knit. They do everything in house.

Luckily, while I was there, Allan (the owner) and Kyle were putting a new strut tower brace (soon to be retailed by BMR) onto the Magnaflow Company Camaro (driven by Bill Smith). This brace is very well made and I love how it attached to the car. They utilize the top of the strut tower to mount the 4 bolts, which IMO uses the strongest part of that portion of the car. However, my opinion may not mean crap.....LOL In addition, if you were to need to remove the brace at a later time then the original cover would cover the holes. The bar itself was very visually impressive and appeared to be very well made. I was also able to check out some of the other BMR parts attached to the Magnaflow car.

In closing, they showed me some of the prototypes they have for sway bars, lowering springs, and bushings. The products look very promising and I will be sure to keep my eye out for them in the very near future. I only posted this as it is not very often that us consumers get a chance to see the behind the scenes of the processes that go into fabricating all the products that get us to fork out all our hard earned money, so for me it was way cool! I have attached some pics of the trip....enjoy!
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
cool
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:52 AM   #3
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
I have BMR components on my car. They are top notch and reasonably priced.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #4
moultron

Thats seems to be the general consensus
Old 03-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #5
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
nice
Old 03-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #6
moultron

I have received a few PMs asking about the availabliltiy of these strut tower braces. As I said in my initial post " I do not work for BMR" so I do not want to speak for their company. I know its very soon, but will allow Kyle to inform you guys and gals of that info. But I can't wait!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:29 PM   #7
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
The 2 point braces are now available. Sean, they were already built when you were here, we just hadn't updated our invoicing software at the time so if you want one come and get it!
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote