Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
david.inga

Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
More than 6-8 weeks wait?

My plan was to buy my Camaro at the very end of the year to lock-in a good deal. I went into the dealership with a price in mind and knowledge of available incentives. When we started to make a deal, I was caught off guard by something I overlooked.

I was told that since I would be special ordering my Camaro, the true price I would pay for the car would not be set until after the Camaro arrived at the dealership. In other words, they would not be able to sell the car to me for another 6-8 weeks.

Has my end of the year deal advantage been taken away?

Last edited by david.inga; 03-04-2013 at 01:56 PM.
david.inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
13 ZL1

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Buy one that is already built. Go to cars.com, there's probably over 600 to choose from in a 250 mile radius. You should be able to find what you're looking for.
13 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 ZL1 View Post
Buy one that is already built. Go to cars.com, there's probably over 600 to choose from in a 250 mile radius. You should be able to find what you're looking for.
+1

I bought mine a couple of weeks ago exactly the way I wanted, and found it on cars.com. I've been trawling cars.com and Autotrader for months now thinking the same way you are and got it at a fantastic price. I would go that route. If you are willing to travel a bit you can find excellent deals too. They are out there.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
david.inga

Here is the configuration I would like. The dealers told me cars are not ordered this way to be sold on the lot.

http://www.davidinga.com/camaro.pdf

I would buy it in a heart beat if it existed. The waiting period for a special order car is inconvenient.

The only similar cars to my configuration are the Dusk Edition, but it comes at a $6,000 premium because of the wheels. I do not need the wheels that come with the Dusk Edition so I don't want to pay the premium for them. Thanks!

Old 12-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
That is not a standard car and would have to be ordered I'm afraid. Mine was more standard than that so I was able to find one. If you are willing to wait then 6-8 weeks seems appropriate to build that car. If you want you can get a standard 2LT and recover the seats and have the car custom done to match that, but other than that those would be your only two option I fear. Good luck.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
david.inga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
That is not a standard car and would have to be ordered I'm afraid. Mine was more standard than that so I was able to find one. If you are willing to wait then 6-8 weeks seems appropriate to build that car. If you want you can get a standard 2LT and recover the seats and have the car custom done to match that, but other than that those would be your only two option I fear. Good luck.
Thank you for your help. Waiting does stink, but I think it will be worth it.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Go to another dealer. Every car I have ordered all the details on pricing were put in writing and signed by the dealer. He is probably thinking that once the car arrives he can stick it to you. The only thing he can't tell you is what incentives will be available when the car arrives. They could be more or less than what they are today.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #8
david.inga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Go to another dealer. Every car I have ordered all the details on pricing were put in writing and signed by the dealer. He is probably thinking that once the car arrives he can stick it to you. The only thing he can't tell you is what incentives will be available when the car arrives. They could be more or less than what they are today.
That's a good idea. I'll have them put it in writing.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #9
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
All they can guarantee on an order, is the basic price (before any incentives/rebates). If you want current incentives/rebates, you need to find a unit on the lot.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #10
david.inga

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
All they can guarantee on an order, is the basic price (before any incentives/rebates). If you want current incentives/rebates, you need to find a unit on the lot.
I hope that come February the same incentives/rebates or even more are around. I really want to special order at this point.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #11
JimE

I do as well. Although I'm not holding my breath. I haven't been keeping track, but there haven't been much in the way of incentives on Camaros, especially on the current model year. December is best time to buy as they are trying to increase revenue for the current ending business year.

I don't recall if there were any decent incentives last Feb-Apr either. The biggest "problem", is that the Camaros are selling well, so there is no reason for Chevrolet to use incentives.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #12
jdogscam2013

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray
I just bought my wife a 2013 2ss RS package, L99. We decided on Blue Ray Metallic, and very glad I did, this color is awesome! The my link is very cool, heads up display and new 20" wheels, couldn't be happier with the purchase, just sad winters here in the midwest, so under a car cover she will go, till spring, only 297 miles.
jdogscam2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #13
jdogscam2013

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray
When we bought there were 0 incentives, because it's a Camaro man not a Malibu, they had a 500.00 cash back if you already owned one in Chicago, but we didn't. We were able to get some low financing as well__-__
jdogscam2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #14
JimE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogscam2013 View Post
I just bought my wife a 2013 2ss RS package, L99. We decided on Blue Ray Metallic, and very glad I did, this color is awesome! The my link is very cool, heads up display and new 20" wheels, couldn't be happier with the purchase, just sad winters here in the midwest, so under a car cover she will go, till spring, only 297 miles.
That would be worse than waiting til spring to order. Just seeing it sit out there, all alone, everyday, waiting.....