Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Which Camaro To Purchase?
2014 1LT V6 Convertible 4 4.71%
2014 1SS V8 Coupe 47 55.29%
2010 2SS V8 Coupe 34 40.00%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #15
5GBumbleBee

Drives: 04 Honda Accord :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
17 and can afford a $30k plus car? Do you sell crack?

Save your money, buy a used dependable car, go to college, buy a house, then get a nice car.
Haha no i do not sell crack, I've been working at a machine shop, behind an auto part store. I've been there for about 3 years, working after school saving half my paycheck in a savings account my mother created at my birth, and the other half in my checking account which was being saved for my car. I have a good enough amount in that savings account to make it through 4 years at a local university. And about $10,000 and possibly more when the time comes that i purchase my camaro. So no, i don't sell crack, i budget my money, and am also lucky to have a very smart mother.
P.S I have a used dependable car But for as long as i knew about cars(Not too long xD Maybe 4 years) I've wanted a camaro!
5GBumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:54 PM   #16
5GBumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfinkharley View Post
Be sure to consider the front and rear style differences between the '10 and '14.
I have, and to be honest, it's a really nice difference, but not for $10,000 difference! Well in my opinion at least, but, to each their own!
Old 05-12-2014, 10:58 PM   #17
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5GBumbleBee View Post
Haha no i do not sell crack, I've been working at a machine shop, behind an auto part store. I've been there for about 3 years, working after school saving half my paycheck in a savings account my mother created at my birth, and the other half in my checking account which was being saved for my car. I have a good enough amount in that savings account to make it through 4 years at a local university. And about $10,000 and possibly more when the time comes that i purchase my camaro. So no, i don't sell crack, i budget my money, and am also lucky to have a very smart mother.
P.S I have a used dependable car But for as long as i knew about cars(Not too long xD Maybe 4 years) I've wanted a camaro!
Ok, that sounds better. Just make your school your priority and not your car. Saving your money like that is great, nice job.

Did you get quotes on insurance?
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:03 PM   #18
5GBumbleBee

Quote:
Ok, that sounds better. Just make your school your priority and not your car. Saving your money like that is great, nice job.

Did you get quotes on insurance?
My mother and I are currently on my step-father's plan, but once me and her get our own, we will get quotes on the insurance, seeing as i'm a "new" driver, and a "risk" they'll probably be way high :(
Old 05-12-2014, 11:08 PM   #19
bongono93

I would go with what feels right. Like I got a v6 because I felt safe getting it. It was a good deal and all that and I love the car but im not 100% happy with the car. I settled at the time and want more power now. But im a power junky I love the feel of a v8 so for me I should have got the v8. Really set down amd think about it and dont jump to fast

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
bongono93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:08 PM   #20
5GBumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvlorenzai View Post
The fun part is looking. Good luck!
Thank you! I've already driven a 2010 1SS and love it, cant wait to test drive some more!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:10 PM   #21
5GBumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongono93 View Post
I would go with what feels right. Like I got a v6 because I felt safe getting it. It was a good deal and all that and I love the car but im not 100% happy with the car. I settled at the time and want more power now. But im a power junky I love the feel of a v8 so for me I should have got the v8. Really set down amd think about it and dont jump to fast

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Ah, I love the feel of the V8, as i said above i have driven one and it's amazing. I know about not jumping the gun and what not, im still gonna wait till maybe next school year or even until february, my birthday, to find the perfect, affordable camaro!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:11 PM   #22
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
You can get an awesome 2010 SS with low miles for $24K where I live. You may want to consider a V6 for insurance and tax reasonability.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:12 PM   #23
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
you get upgraded suspension, more modern car, more well thought out car, new warrenty, and the thought that you bought a new car. I'd get the 2014 v8
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:12 PM   #24
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
All up to you. If you really want a Vert then you have to go that way. I voted 1SS because you'd have the V8 rumble and a warranty on a new car. I think a warranty is important to some people. You know, you don't want to find out suddenly you have to pay for a new motor for a car that's out of warranty.

So basically I'm saying I think it's A or B. But follow your heart I guess, get what makes you happy. Then, be really careful in it, and take good care of it.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:14 PM   #25
5GBumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
You can get an awesome 2010 SS with low miles for $24K where I live. You may want to consider a V6 for insurance and tax reasonability.
At the moment, literally down the street from me, maybe half a mile, there is a 2010 2SS Bright yellow, black striped, convertible with 20k miles for $28,000. Gonna stop by soon to check out the car and see if i can knock the price down a bit, but I'm also not trying to rush anything!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:43 PM   #26
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
what city are you in? you better check your insurance rates for the different models. depending on your city, plan to pay at least $2-3k/year to insure an SS. it might be better to put in your mom's name and have it insured under her???? just an idea.

my insurance for my SS in NJ with State Farm (0 accidents in 20 years, 40+ years old, seasonal vehicle) was almost $2k/year (but we have the highest insurance). I switched to NJ Manufacturers for $1350/year.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:48 AM   #27
damian559

Drives: 2015 1SS, 1LE, Recaro, NPP
I'd pick the 2014 1SS. I'm 18 and just ordered a 2015 1SS 1LE with Recaros and NPP. See if you can find one with the 1LE package, it's well worth the $3.5K price tag.
damian559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #28
5GBumbleBee

Quote:
what city are you in? you better check your insurance rates for the different models. depending on your city, plan to pay at least $2-3k/year to insure an SS. it might be better to put in your mom's name and have it insured under her???? just an idea.

my insurance for my SS in NJ with State Farm (0 accidents in 20 years, 40+ years old, seasonal vehicle) was almost $2k/year (but we have the highest insurance). I switched to NJ Manufacturers for $1350/year.
I figured it would be around that price. I'm near the Wayne/Hawthorne area, and we're already paying about $2k/year especially cause you can't count how many accidents my mother and step-dad got into if you had 3 hands. :/

Tags
1lt convertible, 1ss, 2ss, camaro, help!