Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Goodyear F1 G2's crackolas

My car was delivered on Boxing Day and put on carpet pads in a heated garage. I was aware of the cold temp issues and went above and beyond. When the car arrived at the dealership it sat outside for one day overnight. Temp was minus 9 overnight. When I got to see the car for the first time my first thought was wow what a beauty but I bet my tires are wrecked. I told my salesman that the car tires could not be in that temp range and the car should be indoors. He looked at me as if I was smoking crack. I told him about the bulliten posted online regarding tire care of G2 tires and he just looked at me puzzled. Now I have waited until May to start driving her and at the first wash I see this. My first thought was " I f...ing knew it!" I called the dealer and spoke to my salesman and he doesn't think it will be covered and he will speak to the shop foreman and get back to me. I said I told you to not leave the car out in the cold in December. My car has under 200km (120miles) on it and I can't believe I'm looking at a fight! I know these tires don't have a long lifespan but I'd prefer to burn them off and then put on some Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I had hoped to at least get a couple of seasons out of the Goodyear's. This sucks!
Attached Images

Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
HashimAzzouz

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM ~ 2009 Traverse LT
you tire dealer should replace it for you...
HashimAzzouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
TomF1

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
take it back to the dealer, they should replace it.

GM was issuing bulletins to dealers. They wouldn't deliver mine in the cold, they held it, then delvered when it warmed up.

Don't think you'll get a fight. Just take it in, should be covered under warrantee.
TomF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
Sfuller003

Drives: 2012 ZL1
I had the same thing happen and the dealer replaced it and said it was caused to weather
Attached Images

Sfuller003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
1. Calm down
2. It'll get fixed. A dealership isn't going to know what is being posted on a car forum.
3. Simply print out the bulletin and explain it to either the sales manager and or service department. As long as it was caught before you took ownership, your fine.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:17 PM   #6
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Spoke again to the dealership. GM will not warranty the tire. They said the tire is not defective and warranty only covers defects which there was no evidence. As I'm about to explode I think about it and say....I agree with you. The tires are not defective but it was negligence that caused the problem. Ignoring the Goodyear tire care recommendations is what caused the problem. The foreman agreed with me. With that said I told him how I had informed the salesperson of the temp issues and wanted the car inside as soon as it arrived at the dealership. This did not happen and as a result the car sat outside one night at sub zero temps and in the morning PDI moved it inside. That's all it took. I am getting the fix as a result at the dealerships cost not GM warranty.It was the dealership's fault not Goodyear. I said that was fair enough. I don't care who covers the cost as long as it's not me.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfuller003 View Post
I had the same thing happen and the dealer replaced it and said it was caused to weather
Yeah... Oshawa weather, not Arizona. Good that you caught it.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #8
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
1. Calm down
2. It'll get fixed. A dealership isn't going to know what is being posted on a car forum.
3. Simply print out the bulletin and explain it to either the sales manager and or service department. As long as it was caught before you took ownership, your fine.
In response to your number 3 read again the first sentence in my origional post.I have owned for 5 months. It was delivered to me via flat deck on Boxing Day into my heated garage. Was not caught till now after my first drive. I put 160km on it (100miles). Regardless it is being taken care of. I'm not pumped or freakin out. It's all good. Just wanting to let everyone know that the recommendations by Goodyear are quite accurate and that people should follow it.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #9
KlugSS

subscribed
Old 05-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Goodyear warranty is workmanship and material for life of the tire and will get pro-rated at some point. So the dealership should have no problem replacing them.

Tks for posting
Old 05-28-2013, 11:45 PM   #11
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
What dealer did you buy from?
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #12
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarbrit View Post
What dealer did you buy from?
Shaganappi GM. They treat me very well. They have always helped when need be! I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them at all. They are making things right. The issue always seems to be GM warranty protocol procedures. The hoops to jump through. Ugh! But the dealership has never done me wrong. I have dealt there for many years purchased many vehicles and buy a lot of parts and specialty fluids there for my business. I pretty much know most people there by name. I don't think that gets me any special treatment and I don't expect it however it is somewhat nice to have a relationship with them.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #13
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Yahoo! I'm all fixed up and ready to go! This car will never see the cold again!