Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #673
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Just curious... How many people do you think are spamming their phone lines..?

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Old 01-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #674
Rideskinz

Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
Just curious... How many people do you think are spamming their phone lines..?
Lol...I'm guessing its in the thousands. A majority are probably Camaro owners
Old 01-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #675
TannerJPowell

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
"I almost think it's extortion," the general manager told me. "I don't think any sane person would turn down [this deal.]" He later concluded, "I almost think they're as bad as the guy who stole the car."

Quote from the General Manager. Just wow. What an absolute POS. I think this guy should be fired as well for an ignorant comment like that. Shows exactly what he thinks about customers when his company is in the wrong.
They should have said, "pick out a zl1 of your choice that's under new msrp and we will arrange to have it delivered to your home or our dealership via enclosed transport. We will fly you out to inspect it prior to purchase. Please inspect the vehicle and indicate in writing if this is the car you are satisfied with prior to purchase and after arrival."

End of story.

Going out buying zl1s for this guy would be like a fiancee trying to pick out a wedding dress for his future wife without her trying it on or seeing it first. Extremely low success rate, and if you're clearly cheaping out, it's probably going to get ugly!
Old 01-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #676
W2WSS

Drives: 13 ZL1
i got blocked from their facebook page. All i did was leave a 1star review?
Old 01-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #677
boondocksaint
Cartoon Maus

Drives: White ZL1, Chevroyota Prizolla
I can understand why the dealership feels extorted, as media these days tend to be unfathomably rude and fact checking is rather limited.

However...

They're in a customer service industry, where reputation matters and there is a great deal of competition and choice. You fight the undeserved press with every ounce of your being, but you own your mistakes. In this case, based solely on the many things I read, I feel bad for the dealership, and much much worse for Hoop. The dealership was screwed because of one joyriding knucklehead, and their insurance is probably giving them the anal probe. The media are performing a simultaneous anal probe.

Discomfort probably doesn't begin to describe it, and a lot of people's jobs are being affected.

But the fact of the matter is that a customer's car, in their care, was totaled by one of their employees. They can play their Chinese math games when buying and selling. Now is not the time. Make this man whole, and do so in a spectacular fashion.

Had they offered him the keys to a new 2014 ZL1 or a well-equipped Stingray, the story would still have made headlines – here and in the mass media. The free press alone would have offset their costs. Working in mass media and advertising, I can nearly guarantee this. Now, if they want to clean up this mess, it's going to cost well more than dealer price of an car Chevy makes.

Missed opportunity and a solid lesson. If you're in the wrong, sack up and exceed expectations. Works out better that way.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #678
RallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow RS/2SS Vert M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
They can play their Chinese math games when buying and selling. Now is not the time.
Exactly the point of failure in the decision that will inevitably cost the dealership regardless of outcome. They should wise up and cut their losses while the getting is good before they become far worse and their clientele dries up. Had there been consequences for joy riding cars, this would not have happened. Had his paint been fixed on the first visit, this would not have happened. Seems like a fun history in the service department. Someone has some 'splanin' to do!
Old 01-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #679
AMMUSCLE

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VERT M6
I can not believe this is what is on their site, front page.
http://www.firststatechevy.com/

This is a warning sign to any new and old customer, that the dealership is not responsible for your vehicle left at their dealership.

I'm a business owner of a business that is 58 years old.
I would shake my insurance company upside down and pay the difference not to get this bad publicity.

We have lost money over things that have gone wrong and I pay extra insurance called employee dishonesty for things like this.

I'm sure they have this insurance.

This is just the owner making a poor decision.

I would have taken this action to use it as good publicity and given the customer what he needed to show the public they can trust their vehicle at this dealership.
That would have been a win win.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:59 PM   #680
Mcarltonjr

Drives: 2013 F150 STX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMUSCLE View Post
I can not believe this is what is on their site, front page.
http://www.firststatechevy.com/

This is a warning sign to any new and old customer, that the dealership is not responsible for your vehicle left at their dealership.

I'm a business owner of a business that is 58 years old.
I would shake my insurance company upside down and pay the difference not to get this bad publicity.

We have lost money over things that have gone wrong and I pay extra insurance called employee dishonesty for things like this.

I'm sure they have this insurance.

This is just the owner making a poor decision.

I would have taken this action to use it as good publicity and given the customer what he needed to show the public they can trust their vehicle at this dealership.
That would have been a win win.
I have a family that owns an auto shop for 60+ years. Agree with this 200%. Shame the dealership is not thinking logically. I hope they end up being shut down
Old 01-10-2014, 04:04 PM   #681
carfish72

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels Edition 2SS
I've been following this post for a while and then my brother just forwarded me a story on Yahoo and I said oh damn, that's jhoop302! This really sucks, hope everything works out for you! And don't settle for anything less than you deserve!! I've learned by personal experience that dealers suck and cannot be trusted.
2018 Hot Wheels Edition 2SS #1581
2014 2SS/RS Red Rock Metallic
2008 Saturn Sky Redline Bluestone
Old 01-10-2014, 04:06 PM   #682
Jonathan Patten
Caffeinated Gearhead

Drives: 2011 SGM V6/RS
Send a message via AIM to Jonathan Patten Send a message via Skype™ to Jonathan Patten
For those of you who may be curious, this is now front and center on Jalopnik, a popular automotive enthusiast website I visit. Sad to see that a dealer from my home state would dare treat a customer this way over what is clearly their fault.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #683
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcarltonjr View Post
They are trying NOT to take ownership essentially is what it sounds like. Its a bad business move for sure on their part.
Certainly seems that way. IMO you can believe you're "right" in this situation and lose MILLIONS or admit "something went wrong" then do the right thing and only lose $50k for a new ZL1. Apparently they rather be "right" in their minds and out of business.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:09 PM   #684
RallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow RS/2SS Vert M6
I just hope they realize the error in their ways and grow to be a better dealership because of this situation. An employee that they hired broke the trust of a high end customer, regardless of whether they were closed or not. The dealership is ultimately responsible for any situation that happens on their property and should cover this within reason. It isn't like the insurance company isn't already covering the cost of the car. The real story is not how the dealership is not giving him another car, but making up the difference between what the old one is worth and what the cost of the new one is. If the old car is worth $44k and the new one is $65k on sticker, their insurance or the company who should have had the insurance is paying for $20k difference, not the entire $65k. It isn't enough to throw their business away, that's for sure.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #685
TannerJPowell

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
The owner only asked for 11k on top of the other car (per jalopnik). Not even going for sticker of a new car. Not extortion IMO.

But hey, this dealership has - (negative) millions in PR coverage. So fair trade?
Old 01-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #686
SSeric

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I was just reading about this on LSX.tv this morning. Wow man...this is a horrible situation from top to bottom. I hope you get this squared away. Wish you the best, bud.

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/dealer-wre...12-zl1-camaro/
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS | RotoFab CAI | ARH 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ HFC | SW Retro Exhaust | ZL1 Shifter | Ridetech Coilovers | FE4 conversion | UMI toe rods & trailing arms | Prothane Subframe & UCA bushings | Detroit Speed sways | Forgestar F14 wheels | ZR1 Blue Calipers | Tuned by ADM Performance

SSeric's Build Thread

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1