Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 01-19-2010, 09:20 PM   #2129
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Man View Post
Hey guys does anyone know how to do a radiator flush & how to put in new thermostat sensors on a ranger? If i get the fluid and thermostats (it has 2) can someone help me out please? I'm free anytime after 3 most days, and free saturday nights and sundays all day. If you could PM me if you can help! Thanks a lot guys!
Its VERY easy.
First, buy a chilton or haynes manual. I have one for anything I work on. Just got one for the Civic Sunday as I am going to attack the timing belt soon.

Basics:
There should be a drain plug at the bottom of the radiator, drain all the fluid in a bucket and dispose of properly.

Find out where the thermostats are and figure out what you have to remove to get to them. I passed on the IROC b/c of all the crap you had to remove to get to it. Once you have them out put the new ones in and make sure they seat in right. Install the new gasket and replace the hose neck.

Put everyhing back together, refill with the proper mix of antifreeze and water. start it and let it warm up to cycle the liquid into the block and through the system. Fill the radiator again.

I am not sure if thats what you mean a "flush". There are products that actually flush the radiator out but i always avoided them. If you radiator is old and weak, it may ruin it.

Good luck. PM me if you have any more questions. If you do it next wednesday, i can come up about 4:30ish and help. Let me know.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #2130
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
I bought some more Camaro decorations.

2' x 4' banner from EBay seller ridgetopdesign (available in all colors)
Attachment 87343

16" x 24" SEMA Concepts posters from ChevyMall.com
Attachment 87339
Attachment 87340
Attachment 87342
Attachment 87341

Now if they would just make a 1:18 diecast in some other colors like blue, green, gray or something different from whats currently available.
Nice! I need to get some more posters. I just got some new signs and hung them in my camaro room:

All Camaro stuff on this shelf:

Other walls in the room:

Stuff I have not built yet:

I know... I need help!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #2131
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Nice! I need to get some more posters. I just got some new signs and hung them in my camaro room:

I know... I need help!
Let's do a poll, How many people have a "Camaro Room"?

I do know one person as "passionate" as you with his toys, he has a whole basement devoted to his lifelong Lego collection. Literally hundreds of Lego sets, most still in their original boxes. And he knows every detail about every set.

Actually, that's awesome, Aren't we all just big kids anyway? Some get lucky and have their own playrooms! I wanted a room with a pool table and bar.....we ended up with an art studio for my wife.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #2132
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Let's do a poll, How many people have a "Camaro Room"?

I do know one person as "passionate" as you with his toys, he has a whole basement devoted to his lifelong Lego collection. Literally hundreds of Lego sets, most still in their original boxes. And he knows every detail about every set.

Actually, that's awesome, Aren't we all just big kids anyway? Some get lucky and have their own playrooms! I wanted a room with a pool table and bar.....we ended up with an art studio for my wife.
I have a bedroom for my 1976 Camaro parts and books. I have an Access database with an inventory and details of all the old/spare parts that I have organized in boxes and on shelves.

I have a hallway with my Camaro posters and die-cast models. I don't have near as much as jrhaus76 though (at least the previous generations). The Camaro Convertible concept poster really pops against the yellow gold color of the walls.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #2133
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
... Aren't we all just big kids anyway? Some get lucky and have their own playrooms! I wanted a room with a pool table and bar.....we ended up with an art studio for my wife.
I remember seeing a Tire Discounters sign "Adults are just kids with money"
Old 01-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #2134
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
JEWL:
No worries. I was totally being silly with Becky. She has become a friend and she was being silly and teasing me and I was being silly right back. She is one of the nicest, most knowledgable, and fun person on these forums! She has helped me track my car for quite a while now and she knows how anxious I am to get my car. She was just trying to provide a little comic relief. She's great!

Thanks for your concern for my mental health though!
Good to hear. I remember the frustration. Your car will be well worth the wait, but no matter what the rest of us say, it doesn't help much.

Now I have GMPP Performance Part frustration.

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #2135
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
Good to hear. I remember the frustration. Your car will be well worth the wait, but no matter what the rest of us say, it doesn't help much.

Now I have GMPP Performance Part frustration.
I don't want to let the cat out of the bag but the next time you my car comes out it may be a slightly different animal!!!

I should know something the next day or so.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #2136
1 RD JEWL

Upgrades

OK need some advice on a few upgrades:

First one is I have the GMPP Performance Air INtake Kit on order, but is seems to still be slow in production. I heard today it was still supposed to be here by the 15th of Jan. Ordered on Aug 09 from GM. I was trying to keep everything internal OEM, but looks like the GMPP parts division is where they have cut back significantly. What do you all say on a substitute?

Second: I am want to order these: http://www.automotivelightstore.com/p13w.aspx
Replacements for the driving lights. Has anyone ordered any? If so, what do you think.

Lastly, I am pretty sure I am going to pull the trigger on the LED Mirrors. Here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55378
Costly, but I plan to keep the originals. Jason, did you ever find out about the 1LT light switch assemble for the HIDs so they will run at the same time as the lights? I will order the like the black that are smoked out lens so not so obvious.

Input appreciated.

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3

Last edited by 1 RD JEWL; 01-20-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #2137
bartking

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS sold 4/17/15
I just got my car washed today... boy did it need it... so tomorrow we'll have snow or something else that would mandate several billion tons of salt per mile to get dumped on the roads tonight.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #2138
1 RD JEWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartking View Post
I just got my car washed today... boy did it need it... so tomorrow we'll have snow or something else that would mandate several billion tons of salt per mile to get dumped on the roads tonight.
Doesn't look good... 33 in Vandalia and sleeting. Heading your way. I think it is using I 70 as a guide.

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
Old 01-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #2139
1 RD JEWL

Quote:
I don't want to let the cat out of the bag but the next time you my car comes out it may be a slightly different animal!!!

J,

What are you up too?

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
Old 01-20-2010, 05:12 PM   #2140
bartking

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS sold 4/17/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
Doesn't look good... 33 in Vandalia and sleeting. Heading your way. I think it is using I 70 as a guide.
well there is always a wash on saturday too... "they" say it's going to be around 45 and sunny... yea right.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:20 PM   #2141
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #2142
1 RD JEWL

Talking Red Jewel

Hey GC - Here is our Red Jewel.

You are automatically all right with us if you own a RJT.
Attached Images

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?