Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 08-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #4215
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
I'd ask for their products but I'd like to do it myself and save the change.
oh i didn't know they sold products!! cool!!
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #4216
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Hey there everyone, so here are the pictures from the 11th Annual Kids Kindness Day Car Show that we got invited to. The whole event was held on Tax Free weekend for New Mexico and this event was to help those that are not as fortunate as we in providing free bikes, teddy bears, school supplies, fun games, food, so on and so forth, so this was just such an amazing cause to bring out the Camaros and come one, what kid doesn't like BumbleBee huh? Well let's just say that the day was FREAKING HOT like no other and us being out in the parking lot really didn't help much, but you know what was a lot of help? Those amazing canopies that Don and his family brought out for us to use for shade and just as a general location ffor Camaro5 could lounge and relax ...in 100+ degree weather. Everyone seemed to have enjoyed the cars and the kiddies defintely enjoyed in getting to sit in "Bumblebee", so that right there was so worth the heat. Thank you to Daniel for entrusting me to bring his ride all the way from El Paso to Las Cruces for the weekend so the kids could get to see BumbleBee in real life. Shhhhhh...don't tell the kids that it's not really him . Daniel you are the man and made your ride such a great centerpiece for Camaro5. At the end of the show an award presentation was setup for all the vehicles involved in the show. Unfortunately there were'nt that many cars that attended so good thing that we came out in great force to provide a good chunk of the cars that attended. Don Ellis with his Synergy Green 2010 SS won First Place in the Racer Class so congratulations to him and his family for bringing out their car as well as Anna, PJ, Gracie, Genny, Daniel, and Jason for bringing out their 5th Gens to the show. It was a real fun week of events you guys and you all showed up in such great force that I really didn't imagine we would get such numbers for both the Hooters Monthly Camaro Gathering and the Kids Kindness Day Car Show, so from the bottom of my heart, thank you for supporting the kids, the Camaro Community, and Camaro5 EP/LC. Enjoy the pictures folks.

Last edited by Char1ieone; 08-07-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #4217
cid067

Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6 "The Toy"
Great pics had a good time on saturday we will have to do it again.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #4218
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Here's a few pics from the fest, I didn't end up getting too many as I spent most of the time at the strip. As for the videos, I can't seem to get them off the internal memory of the camera without the cord, so those will have to wait till I am home.

I have some better pics on my other camera, but it's in the car at the moment.
Attached Images

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:22 AM   #4219
xfactors

Drives: 2014 2LT vette with Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIANOMN View Post
I wasn't in the car, Lance and Genny were. Both are getting chiropractic treatment but so far nothing seems like they were seriously hurt. No broken bones or anything. The other driver "failed to yield right of way", basically was going opposite direction on a 2 lane road and tried to turn on a street and ended up face first into the camaro... My insurance thinks it will be totaled because of some of the appearance but I'm not sure. It's getting picked up today by the other persons insurance to be checked out at Bravos shop in Cruces.. Will keep everyone updated on what's going on.
I'm wondering how this guy's car is doing. When I saw this picture, I just kind of went, "Oh my gosh." Is he happy with his car, now that it has been repaired, or is he just kind of "stuck" with it? This is kind of a worse type nightmare. I'd be sick if this happened to my car. All that hard work he put into it, and then it ends up like this.

Last edited by xfactors; 08-07-2012 at 11:00 AM.
xfactors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #4220
rrubio

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
Again, nice pics Charlie, glad you all had fun
Old 08-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #4221
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactors View Post
I'm wondering how this guy's car is doing. When I saw this picture, I just kind of went, "Oh my gosh." Is he happy with his car, now that it has been repaired, or is he just kind of "stuck" with it? This is kind of a worse type nightmare. I'd be sick if this happened to my car. All that hard work he put into it, and then it ends up like this.
It's doing very nicely
Old 08-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #4222
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Hey there everyone, so here are the pictures from the 11th Annual Kids Kindness Day Car Show that we got invited to. The whole event was held on Tax Free weekend for New Mexico and this event was to help those that are not as fortunate as we in providing free bikes, teddy bears, school supplies, fun games, food, so on and so forth, so this was just such an amazing cause to bring out the Camaros and come one, what kid doesn't like BumbleBee huh? Well let's just say that the day was FREAKING HOT like no other and us being out in the parking lot really didn't help much, but you know what was a lot of help? Those amazing canopies that Don and his family brought out for us to use for shade and just as a general location ffor Camaro5 could lounge and relax ...in 100+ degree weather. Everyone seemed to have enjoyed the cars and the kiddies defintely enjoyed in getting to sit in "Bumblebee", so that right there was so worth the heat. Thank you to Daniel for entrusting me to bring his ride all the way from El Paso to Las Cruces for the weekend so the kids could get to see BumbleBee in real life. Shhhhhh...don't tell the kids that it's not really him . Daniel you are the man and made your ride such a great centerpiece for Camaro5. At the end of the show an award presentation was setup for all the vehicles involved in the show. Unfortunately there were'nt that many cars that attended so good thing that we came out in great force to provide a good chunk of the cars that attended. Don Ellis with his Synergy Green 2010 SS won First Place in the Racer Class so congratulations to him and his family for bringing out their car as well as Anna, PJ, Gracie, Genny, Daniel, and Jason for bringing out their 5th Gens to the show. It was a real fun week of events you guys and you all showed up in such great force that I really didn't imagine we would get such numbers for both the Hooters Monthly Camaro Gathering and the Kids Kindness Day Car Show, so from the bottom of my heart, thank you for supporting the kids, the Camaro Community, and Camaro5 EP/LC. Enjoy the pictures folks.

Had a great time. Seeing the kids faces when they saw the cars was all worth it to me as well. Definitely hoping next time it can be bigger so they have more to ooooo and ahhhhh over!!
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #4223
AngelSpeedFreak
Most hated in NM....

Drives: Sold the 6POINT2, went to a 50THZ06
I will leave these here.... Looks like a pretty easy victory on this run

Old 08-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #4224
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

YEAH, GO RYAN!!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #4225
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Awesome, thanks for the pics Vincent. Wish you had your camaro there, I think you could have walked away with the win in the M6 street tire class. That was an awesome track to run at, I was able to tree a lot of people, and that sure helped out on the big end with some of the more modified cars.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #4226
AngelSpeedFreak
Most hated in NM....

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Awesome, thanks for the pics Vincent. Wish you had your camaro there, I think you could have walked away with the win in the M6 street tire class. That was an awesome track to run at, I was able to tree a lot of people, and that sure helped out on the big end with some of the more modified cars.
I know I was just too worried to break something that far from home and be stuck....

I am getting much better at the tree. At the last no-bull compitition here in ABQ I was able to tree every car I went up against. In one of the rounds I somehow cut a .004 on a pro-tree... Then I lifted too much and the guy passed me at the light by .010

Old 08-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #4227
xfactors

Drives: 2014 2LT vette with Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSpeedFreak View Post
I know I was just too worried to break something that far from home and be stuck....
Okay I noticed in above video he's doing a burnout at beginning of race. I'm wondering how he spins his back tires, while keeping his front tires locked, to keep the vehicle from moving. Is he using something called a "linelock"? Sorry, I don't know much about racing.

Sorry, I just googled "linelock" and saw the answer.

Last edited by xfactors; 08-08-2012 at 08:56 AM.
xfactors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #4228
AngelSpeedFreak
Most hated in NM....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactors View Post
Okay I noticed in above video he's doing a burnout at beginning of race. I'm wondering how he spins his back tires, while keeping his front tires locked, to keep the vehicle from moving. Is he using something called a, "Linelock." Sorry, I don't know much about racing.
You are correct. I use a linelock to do my burnouts without moving. Best $160 I have ever spent

Here are a couple other vids just to show how my rear end never moves. I could do a burnout until the tires exploded if I wanted to.... lol

Just an FYI - the reason you do this is to get your tires warmed up nice and hot so they actually melt to the rubber on the track at the starting line. This gives you much better grip when you launch the car.

Sorry for jacking your El Paso thread........ You can scold me at any point

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001