Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-24-2014, 03:52 PM   #1
BenzinaBrera

Drives: Alfa Romeo Brera V6
question to everyone complaining about tuning

guys. I always notice everyone complains that the ecu can not be cracked on the llt cars, but here is SA we use a interface called UNICHIP that changes all parameters as you see fit as a piggyback system. Dobt you guys in Murica have this sort of stuff? And if you do then why isnt it a viable solution to your tuning problems?
Old 06-24-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzinaBrera View Post
guys. I always notice everyone complains that the ecu can not be cracked on the llt cars, but here is SA we use a interface called UNICHIP that changes all parameters as you see fit as a piggyback system. Dobt you guys in Murica have this sort of stuff? And if you do then why isnt it a viable solution to your tuning problems?
I've never heard of UNICHIP. Matt @ FSP found a piggyback (I think it was MoTec) that he thought would work, but it was VERY expensive for no guarantee.

Have you tried the UNICHIP?
Old 06-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #3
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Complaining about tuning? I just want to find out where to get the best tune for my car and how to install it? Also how do i back up my factory settings so I can put it back to factory when i bring my car in for warranty stuff?

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:46 PM   #4
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Yes we have the UNICHIP. It is not available for Camaro's- seems primarily for a few Jeeps, Toyota/Scions, and Subaru's.

And they go for $400 to over $900 "Murican" dollars.

You got one on your Alfa friendo?

http://www.autoanything.com/performa...FQqIfgodmVkA8g
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:44 AM   #5
BenzinaBrera

hi again, firstly i just want to apologize, i only realise now saying you guys are complaining sound like im judging you guys, not my intention, i promise.

and then my murica reference, its just some fun im having hehehe im actually the biggest american fan ln south africa hahaha.

now. On to business, the unichip isnt for one specific brands or models of car. Its for almost any type of ecu. It basically alters all the signals going out the ecu to the parameters you want. I am going to do get the alfa tuned by a unichip tuner over here as soon as i get my modified cams back and assembled the motor again, the alfa uses the exact same bosch unit as the llt and can be easily tuned using unichip, there is already a few 3.6 alfa in sa thats been unichipped with success one of them even has a turbo on.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:48 AM   #6
BenzinaBrera

oh and 900 murican dollars is too much, over here you pay about 350 dollars for the unichip including the tune with dyno runs at one of the best unichip tuners in the country
Old 06-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #7
Ventmaster

According to the manufacturer- "Unichip
DASTEK is a family business that has been established 28 years ago. We currently have over 30 people in our employ.

It is one of the most advanced automotive workshops in the world with a service section, 4 dynamometers, electronic research and production sections, dust free assembly room, engineering department, spray booth, wash bay, petrol station and mini market.

DASTEK is best known for developing the Unichip. The Unichip is a computer that electronically resides between your car's ECU and engine, releasing 100 percent of an engine's untapped power. Sold worldwide for more than a decade, the Unichip is a tested and proven engine performance product used on the street, racetrack, and in off-road applications."

Apparently we currently have a very limited number of devices that have already been specifically tuned.

But thanks for the heads up- we LLT guys are always looking for someone with a better way to tune!
Old 06-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #8
BenzinaBrera

they do have some pre tuned units but unichip is best to be tuned on the car on the dyno, by a good tuner. i will let you guys know when im done with my llt tune with unichip ok?
Old 06-25-2014, 04:18 PM   #9
Ventmaster

Of course! Folks post on C5 about anything (usually Camaro related- but not always, LOL).

I would be very interested in your Unichip tune results. Best of luck!
Old 06-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #10
Desertion

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Transformer Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzinaBrera View Post
they do have some pre tuned units but unichip is best to be tuned on the car on the dyno, by a good tuner. i will let you guys know when im done with my llt tune with unichip ok?
Desertion is offline   Reply With Quote