Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #15
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
Seems like way too much hostility towards the finance guy if you ask me. Mine tried to talk me into just as many added expenses, but they tend to mirror whatever attitude you've got.
And I had a great attitude the whole time, professional, calm, cooperative. The sales manager couldnt believe I was talked to like that because he knows me, how I am and how I talk

and he did not try to talk me into anything, he was DISRESPECTFUL, talking DOWN to me, completely different

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Old 09-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #16
deljaso

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
What a d-bag that finance guy was!

I think people get into trouble when they start reasoning with the finance guy about why you don't want what they're selling.
I try not to give them ammo. I just say "no, i don't want it" and not a thing more. If they try to follow up with a line about how I need what they're selling, I just shake my head with an "I'm sorry" look on my face.
I don't really think it's any of their business why I don't want the extended warranty or anything else they're selling.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #17
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
You obviously hate the guy's guts. There's no chance that started to show through?
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
Old 09-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #18
jimmyD

Drives: torrent
too bad you weren't an internet/email tough guy like me...
Old 09-09-2009, 03:46 PM   #19
Jeanius

Quote:
You obviously hate the guy's guts. There's no chance that started to show through?
I didn't hate him until he disrespected me in front of my wife. I was smiling and happy the whole time, how could i not be finally getting my car???

Old 09-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #20
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
OK. I wasn't there. My experience & reaction were a lot different, that's all. I went into it assuming I was going to have all sorts of extra costs pushed at me with maybe less-than-honest arguments, I shrugged them off with indifference, and nobody got pissed off at anybody.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
Old 09-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #21
Jeanius

Quote:
OK. I wasn't there. My experience & reaction were a lot different, that's all. I went into it assuming I was going to have all sorts of extra costs pushed at me with maybe less-than-honest arguments, I shrugged them off with indifference, and nobody got pissed off at anybody.
I understand, but are you telling me if you were in my shoes, after only getting 8 hours of sleep in 36 hours straight of work, and in the excitement of the day you have waited for for 4 months, you didn't sign the check and the idiot didn't make sure it was filled out correctly and signed, called you and told you he shouldn't have to baby a grown man, you wouldn't be pissed?

Old 09-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #22
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
The problem with this is that no one should have to deal with people like this. These guys act like they are paid commission on all the crap they can add to the cars. If they do get commission on that crap then that's something these dealerships really need to look at changing. No one should have to be pressured (repeatedly) to purchase something they don't want. You wouldn't accept that at the grocery store or your favorite retail store, no reason to have to tolerate it when you buy a car.

One thing to remember Jeanius, I believe there will be a customer satisfaction survey sent to you at some point. That will be your opportunity to comment on this guy.

I had my car in for service (check engine light on) recently, and the service manager told me about a survey I would be getting, and how much it would mean to them if they didn't get at least "satisfactory" in every category. He told me this not once but twice while I was there, and today he called me and told me yet again! Apparently the survey results are very important
Old 09-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #23
Jeanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
The problem with this is that no one should have to deal with people like this. These guys act like they are paid commission on all the crap they can add to the cars. If they do get commission on that crap then that's something these dealerships really need to look at changing. No one should have to be pressured (repeatedly) to purchase something they don't want. You wouldn't accept that at the grocery store or your favorite retail store, no reason to have to tolerate it when you buy a car.

One thing to remember Jeanius, I believe there will be a customer satisfaction survey sent to you at some point. That will be your opportunity to comment on this guy.

I had my car in for service (check engine light on) recently, and the service manager told me about a survey I would be getting, and how much it would mean to them if they didn't get at least "satisfactory" in every category. He told me this not once but twice while I was there, and today he called me and told me yet again! Apparently the survey results are very important
Thanks Abygale, Considering they lost their franchise with GM, do you think Ill still get a survey?

Old 09-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #24
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Thanks Abygale, Considering they lost their franchise with GM, do you think Ill still get a survey?
That's a good question. Hopefully one of the insiders here can answer that for you. Makes you wonder how they lost it??? Poor customer service??
Old 09-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #25
StephanieR1981

Drives: a bucket
was he really scared? or just annoyed? cause that doesn't seem scary to me. just retarded. lol. i figure if someone were really gonna do something, they wouldn't make a scene to bring that much attention to it.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #26
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post
As a fellow brother (FF/EMT) wtf? You put up with that? I would have walked the second the guy started being an ass. The only way to hit one of these guys where it hurts is to take your money elsewhere. Just doesn't seem worth it to play the games and deal with that crap.

Good luck with everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Id be out of a car which I have waited 4 month for, and my salesman was AWESOME and so was the Sales Manager.

If these cars were on the lots and available for purchase I sure as hell would have gone somewhere else!

My Camaro was the last one they were able to secure because they lost their franchise, and I wouldn't doubt if them losing it had alot to do with that POS
Not to mention they probably would have made even more money off of the car if you backed out. Over MSRP AND the next guy may have bought all that crap.

Quote:
Seems like way too much hostility towards the finance guy if you ask me. Mine tried to talk me into just as many added expenses, but they tend to mirror whatever attitude you've got.
This guy was a prick. Plain and simple. My guy, who is a fellow Sooners fan, tried to sell me all that stuff and wouldn't take NO for an answer until he realized I was NOT buying it. I screwed up and took the GAP insurance for about twice the price I could have gotten it elswhere for but I don't mind. He's a Sooners fan. ,,,,,,,,,,, *thinks for a second*
Old 09-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #27
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post

Funny. I've had my car for almost 4 months and, even after all the service visits when my car was slow, I've still yet to recieve ANY survey from ANYONE. Hmmmmmmm............
Old 09-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #28
Jeanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieR1981 View Post
was he really scared? or just annoyed? cause that doesn't seem scary to me. just retarded. lol. i figure if someone were really gonna do something, they wouldn't make a scene to bring that much attention to it.
If you saw the look on his face, you would agree he was scared, stuttering his words, not making sense when he was talking

Closed Thread