Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 08-23-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
IfOnly

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Need help from you experts

I was the very lucky winner of a Red Jewel 2010 Camaro 2LT (no RS) in a key turn event sponsored by Buy for Less and Dr. Pepper.

It has 6 speed automatic/manual transmission with remote vehicle start added to the standards. The sticker price of the vehicle is $28,515. When we got it last Saturday it had 89 miles on it and at this point has about 220 miles.

It is an absolutely beautiful car and is SO much fun to drive! We are looking at our options now and trying to figure out what to do. We would love to keep it of course, but that is probably not going to be possible. We will owe the IRS and OK state a big chunk of money and we have a 17 year old son that is ecstatic at the moment to be able to drive it a little, but we will probably need to be more practical and sell it.

My question is what is a fair price to ask for it? We talked to Bob Howard in Edmond where the car came from, and they said if we kept it under 250 miles, they would give us $26,851. I know that if that is what he would pay us, that he expects to sell it for more than that (plus I don't trust them). I've tried to research fair market value but haven't been able to find any like this that have been sold.

I would really appreciate opinions on what we she do. We'd really like to drive it SOME and enjoy it for a little while and then sell it but we don't want to bring down the value of it too much. Should we stop driving it totally and sell it to a dealer or what should we ask from an individual wanting to buy it? We don't want to be greedy but don't want to get short-changed either.

So your expert opinions would be greatly appreciated here. Thanks!
IfOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
deejayflyy

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT/RS CAMARO
you got it for free take the 26851 and be happy
deejayflyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
BB_Yellow2010

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99 Rally Yellow
Drive it like crazy

Who cares if all you get is $20 grand? You got it for free!! Just drive it as much as you want, then sell it for whatever!
Old 08-24-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
now what would be the numbers you owe the irs and that? from what i know you pay the taxs which is really not alot. just start saving for the end of the year. but if you have to sell then sell for what you can get it was free so free money no loss. you didn't put anything into it so what do you have to lose except a nice car. then take the money you get put it into a savings or cd make money off of it and then go buy one that you want and then have no worries from the irs or the state.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #5
IfOnly

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
So are you saying that is a correct and fair price?

Please don't be mad that I won this beautiful car and need to sell it. We do not get it for free. We have to pay taxes on it which will probably be around $8000 that we have to make a quarterly payment on (meeting with tax preparer on Wed.) We can't afford that. My son needs a car to drive of his own. We would love to keep this Camaro but we would have to get a loan to pay the taxes and the insurance rates for a 17 year old boy to have access to a Camaro (his car would be our USED 06 Hyundai) will also raise our insurance. It is just not practical as much as we would all LOVE to keep it. Believe me, it is breaking our heart! We want to drive it but the Bob Moore salesman wanted the mileage less than 250. That's another thing that I'm asking those of you that know about these things, if it would bring down the value of the car THAT much it if we put many more miles on it?
PLEASE, I'm sincerely asking for some realistic numbers here, because we are not sure what to do. If we sell the Camaro and pay the taxes with that money, we will still have enough to buy a new car (which we have never had) and not pay as much to insure. We might also even have enough to pay off some debt so the more that we are able to get for the car, the more it will help us.

There have been already been several people that have asked us about buying it and want to know what we would sell it for. Please, I am just trying to do what's best for my family here. We have survived cancer and several other extreme hardships. If you think that what the dealer is offering is the best we can do and the right thing to do, then that's one thing. But please try and understand the situation instead of feeling annoyed that we got a Camaro for "free".
I DO appreciate anybody reading this and even trying to understand. I'm going to call other dealers tomorrow (after Cash for Clunkers is done) but I imagine they will want to see the car themselves and that's more miles and once again, I have an inherent mistrust of car salesmen.
Thanks again and please don't hate me.

OK, while writing that, I see more people answered. Thank you. It's like the conversation going in my head AND between me and my husband. "Let's just drive it and enjoy it, then see" and the other "You need to sell it NOW and get as much as you can to get another car and pay taxes ."

I hope I'm making sense. I'm STILL in shock about the whole thing. I guess the main thing I need to know from you wonderful people is what should we ask for an individual to buy it? The sticker, less, more??
IfOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
marksono
teresa 's camaro

Drives: 20102ss/04gmcsprchrd.02camaro
that's a good price since it cost you nothing,and an 2ss runs 34k plus,take what you can get and let someone have the camaro!!
marksono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:03 AM   #7
JeffreyRyansGirl

Drives: 2LT RS in Summit White
I would try to avoid the dealers and put up adds in the Daily Oklahoman, Ebay, and Craigslist as well as go to this area of the forums:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumd...aysprune=&f=69

and post that you have this car available. A lot of people are waiting 2-4 months around here for a Camaro. Dealers in the OKC area will only sell at MSRP if someone orders a car and is willing to wait the 2-4months. If they have them on their lot, they are selling for 2-6k over MSRP. You can go to chevy.com and build your Camaro to find out the MSRP.
4000: 8/27/09 available to ship
4200: 8/28/09 shipped via CSX rail ETTX802846
4300: intermediate delivery
4800: bayed
5000: delivered to dealership
6000: delivered to customer
JeffreyRyansGirl is offline   Reply With Quote