Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-17-2017, 04:07 PM   #155
blake-b

Drives: Black 2010
Oui, Ja, Si
Attached Images

blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:53 PM   #156
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I drive my 1LE daily!! Just want to have fun on the highways, stop light fun and spirited driving .. So ,u guys think Twins are for me ?
Warning though first it's like cool I have 550 then it's like I need more, more!!!! I say, then the next thing your at 800 and before you know your like blake b with a monster that scares small children and animals lol
Old 08-17-2017, 07:36 PM   #157
PwrAdikt

Drives: 2005 silverado ss 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
Guys please educate me and tell me why is so much effort being put into turboing these cars to run 1/8 and 1/4 mile times when several supercharged cars like modified ZL1's and CTS-V's are doing quicker 60 ft 1/8 mile and 1/4 times with less horsepower? This is a sincere question really want to be educated on this, I know the 1/2 mile is a different story.
There is actually a lot to consider here. Most of it is not apples to apples comparisons. A lot of those cars that are running better times have converter's tires suspension etc. You look at dyno numbers on the turbo cars but most of those guys arent running that psi anywhere but the Dyno. The supercharged guys that's what they run all the time. Most of the turbo guys here are stock everything else and manuals. Manuals and stock converters are HORRIBLE for turbos. Whats so good about turbo's is the touch of a button can change your entire car a supercharger if you run meth you always need it but turbo you can turn it down and not need it. I love pd blowers and moderate builds they are honestly easier and a solid choice but versatility, fun, and ability to go further id say turbo. Its kinda like who cares that superchargers say their faster at 600hp press the button 4 times u got another 80-100 hp. I dont care if it takes 100 more hp to beat another car if its so easy to just make that 100 extra hp. As long as u got enough fuel system. I would ride in a solid turbo car if i were you. Not taking anything away from superchargers cause i love my maggy on my truck
PwrAdikt is offline   Reply With Quote