Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-27-2007, 03:23 AM   #1
unkbd

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Bob Lutz on New Camaro Size

I got this from the 5thgen.org forums ...thought you might be interested. The release date on it was 16 Feb 07

Alright, all of this talk about the Camaro growing compared to the concept has caused great consternation - namely from me.

I contacted Bob Lutz, to hear his comments on the matter. I respect the confidentiality of private communications, so I waited until I recieved his personal permission to publicly post his message.

Hi Bob,

There is some info circulating around the internet regarding the length of the upcoming Camaro. It seems to have grown compared to Concept. I understand the need for 5 star crash ratings and limitations with Zeta's architecture, really I do. But a Camaro the same size as my 5 passenger, 4 door, CTS, is very disappointing to me. If true, my excitement for the car has been diminished.

Thanks for listening
Charlie

To which Bob Lutz responded:

"Worry not. The production car is trimmer looking and no bigger than the concept that was shown. In fact, other than a more realistic roof height, I have to look at the door handles to see which is which; concept, or production?"

And there you have it!
unkbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:25 AM   #2
Al Robinson
RACKM

Drives: 2001 Mazda MilleniaS
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkbd View Post
I got this from the 5thgen.org forums ...thought you might be interested. The release date on it was 16 Feb 07

Alright, all of this talk about the Camaro growing compared to the concept has caused great consternation - namely from me.

I contacted Bob Lutz, to hear his comments on the matter. I respect the confidentiality of private communications, so I waited until I recieved his personal permission to publicly post his message.

Hi Bob,

There is some info circulating around the internet regarding the length of the upcoming Camaro. It seems to have grown compared to Concept. I understand the need for 5 star crash ratings and limitations with Zeta's architecture, really I do. But a Camaro the same size as my 5 passenger, 4 door, CTS, is very disappointing to me. If true, my excitement for the car has been diminished.

Thanks for listening
Charlie

To which Bob Lutz responded:

"Worry not. The production car is trimmer looking and no bigger than the concept that was shown. In fact, other than a more realistic roof height, I have to look at the door handles to see which is which; concept, or production?"

And there you have it!
I didn't hear him say anything about the mirrors, sooo.. I'm assuming the mirrors are as close to the concept as safety will permit?
Al Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:07 AM   #3
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Mr. Lutz's comments confirm what I've heard.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:55 AM   #4
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
I hope the new door handles don't stick out too far.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:27 AM   #5
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
hey sounds good to me
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:55 AM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Woah there!!! So, this means that the gas cap location is actually going to remain in the same place? And the mirrors are going to stay the same? Wow. This is great news. There's a lot GM could have done to screw up the production vehicle from concept form. This is greaaaaat! Now, I just want to hear what in the world is going on w/ the INSIDE of the vehicle.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:18 PM   #7
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
*puts on his mossy oak camo* Time to go huntin for some GM interior designers. *grabs dart gun*
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote