Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-05-2015, 03:45 PM   #113
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilflos View Post
Well, it's the next morning. Hopefully the lack of an update so far means you were out enjoying the car all night?
Unfortunately, it was due to getting home later than I expected and not wanting to discuss it at that point. Of the 6 issues, 4 were resolved. The trunk still was not lined up properly, and the lights are still off. My main bitching point is where the passenger quarter panel comes around above the lights and how the gap between the tail lights are trunk is not straight at all.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:25 PM   #114
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Oh man. That edge of the quarterpanel overhang is extremely bad.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:45 PM   #115
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
No way I would be driving that car out of that dealership. Looks like they have bubba working on it over and over.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:53 PM   #116
AnUnarmedMan

Drives: 2013 LS
Dude wtf. Have you tried talking to one of the dealers on this site? Maybe they can give you a list of options. Good luck
Old 09-05-2015, 06:49 PM   #117
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Did they use aftermarket chinese parts or something?
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:04 PM   #118
Software Guy

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2000 Trans Am Firehawk
Lawyer up. They did a crappy job.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:54 PM   #119
Algeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Oh man. That edge of the quarterpanel overhang is extremely bad.
That is my issue. I know it will never be perfect again, but it is very obvious that it was repaired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
Did they use aftermarket chinese parts or something?
I asked the same. According to the documentation, it was a new OEM part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Software Guy View Post
Lawyer up. They did a crappy job.
I agree. However, I don't know if it is even worth it. I am already planning on trading on a gen 6. Since they wrecked it, I will be getting the new car at cost and mine will be traded in as if there was no damage. I was also told that they will see what else they can add in when the new car comes in as well. To be on the safe side, I am planning on speaking to one next week to see what they recommend.

Not to mention, I still have to deal with GM on the leaks, but as I have not had the car in my possession since the last repair, I am not sure how it is looking in that department yet. However, if I get it back, and it is still leaking, then a lawyer may be needed to deal with GM directly.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:55 PM   #120
Algeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnarmedMan View Post
Dude wtf. Have you tried talking to one of the dealers on this site? Maybe they can give you a list of options. Good luck
I did speak to one about the whole situation, and I was told:

"My only suggestion would be stay in close contact with dealer and body shop."
Old 09-06-2015, 08:01 AM   #121
Hilflos

Drives: 2015 1SS / RS NPP
I'm sorry to be reading all this. The pictures illustrate everything, unfortunately.

At this point, I'd speak to the owner / general manager of the dealership, and start the conversation with, "Obviously the car can not be made right easily, or it would have been, with respect to both the leaks, and the damage caused by your former employees."

The goal would be, at this point, just leave it there with the dealer, let it become their problem. They probably have better avenues to get GM to just accept the car back due to unresolvable leak issues. Just totally remove the thing from being something you have to deal with any longer, and get, in writing, what they'll give you for it as a trade when the first 2016's show.

Realistically, it's beginning to read like that's how things are going to shake out anyhow. They broke it, can't fix it, and it was in there for service for an issue that's been an ongoing issue for how long? They haven't been able to fix that either. So, is there any reason to expect that the car will be leaving the lot again before Spring anyhow?

Alternately, there's got to be a 5th gen convertible somewhere they can arrange a dealer trade for. I know there's a couple on lots close to me.

Sorry this is polluting your life this way.
Hilflos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 04:31 PM   #122
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I think you had better hurry because if this is how they treat all their customers they will soon be filing bankruptcy.
Good point......the OP might end up being like
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:47 PM   #123
Algeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilflos View Post
I'm sorry to be reading all this. The pictures illustrate everything, unfortunately.

At this point, I'd speak to the owner / general manager of the dealership, and start the conversation with, "Obviously the car can not be made right easily, or it would have been, with respect to both the leaks, and the damage caused by your former employees."

The goal would be, at this point, just leave it there with the dealer, let it become their problem. They probably have better avenues to get GM to just accept the car back due to unresolvable leak issues. Just totally remove the thing from being something you have to deal with any longer, and get, in writing, what they'll give you for it as a trade when the first 2016's show.

Realistically, it's beginning to read like that's how things are going to shake out anyhow. They broke it, can't fix it, and it was in there for service for an issue that's been an ongoing issue for how long? They haven't been able to fix that either. So, is there any reason to expect that the car will be leaving the lot again before Spring anyhow?

Alternately, there's got to be a 5th gen convertible somewhere they can arrange a dealer trade for. I know there's a couple on lots close to me.

Sorry this is polluting your life this way.
I have been offered a 2015. However, after all the issues I have had with this one, I do not want to deal with this design anymore. If I didn't have a choice, I would go with a Mustang vert or a Hellcat instead.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:47 PM   #124
Algeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
WTF.

How in the world did they have to drive your Camaro so much that it needed fuel to fix a leak from the top? Don't they own a hose?

Then they send two idiots to the station for fuel and idiot #2 doesn't have enough of a clue that they are going to the gas station so he runs into idiot #1 when he slows to turn.
Did the car smell like weed when you saw it next?

Then they tell you they are going to fix it and apparently they can't.

Now they offer to sell you a new car at cost. Which will cost you all the paperwork costs, a new loan, tax, title and license, etc.

If the car isn't presentable to sell or trade to anyone except them it is unacceptable.

WTF X 2.

Have you notified your insurance? They have more lawyers than that dealer. Have you filed a report with the police?

I think you had better hurry because if this is how they treat all their customers they will soon be filing bankruptcy.

The driving was due to a rattle sound coming from the top and a whining sound coming from the exhaust. The car had about 3/8 to 1/4 tank when I took it in.

No weed smell. However, as pissed as I was, I doubt I would have noticed then.

You are right on the loan part, but I was planning on getting a new one in 17 or 18.

I spoke to my insurance company in the beginning when I did not have any information on the accident.

As the dealership is a Hendrick dealer, I don't think they are going anywhere.

Don't forget, I am still dealing with GM directly on all the leaking issues as well.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:42 AM   #125
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
tell them to give you a corvette until your car is fully fixed and better than new!
Old 09-07-2015, 10:26 AM   #126
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
tell them to give you a corvette until your car is fully fixed and better than new!
That's fine to say but realistically, you may just as well advise him to demand a million dollars.

The man was not denied use of a Corvette, and objectively, the legal requirements of the dealership to make good on this have nothing to do with supplying an equal or superior in value car to use while his is repaired unless that situation is in writing...which no dealership would ever provide. They are almost certainly being guided by their own legal department on the matter.