Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
outlawprostreet

Drives: 2012 Turbo SS
My RPI Designs Problems

Placed my order for ZL1 side skirts and a rk sport 1 piece spoiler on Sat 8/16/13. But after doing some looking around, I couldn't find extended IOM spoiler stripes. So the next night (sunday) I emailed to see if it was ok to cancel my RK sport spoiler but keep the ZL1 order going. Josh said it was ok.
On 8/26 I asked what my new total would be and when the difference would be returned to my card. The response was "The price is the same". I then wrote several emails plainly asking for my new total and when the difference will be refunded and his response always ignored my total and was simply "will refund when I ship".

After putting up with this for a couple weeks on 9/4 I emailed josh and told him to cancel my order and I was going to dispute the charge with my CC company. After that Don from RPI called and in a couple minutes was able to give me my new total. I was satisfied and canceled my dispute with my card comp.

9/5 The next day Josh emails me saying he's canceling my order due to the dispute. I tell him fine, refund my money.
9/13 After a couple more emails back and forth on when I could get my refund I've had to go ahead and dispute the charge again.

My problem with this deal was I was never emailed a itemized invoice. if I let him ship only the side skirts, he could then show my credit card company a tracking number. They could claim that the transaction was completed and I would get stuck paying almost $900 for side skirts.
The way my question about the total was being avoided and the way my refund was being "worked on" made me suspicious of how this deal would turn out. I've processed credit cards for a internet wheel shop I worked at. If we wanted to refund a transaction, you could do it instantly and not have to wait a month later.
9/18 I still have not gotten back a refund

Lessons learned. Check the feedback section before buying and do not impulse buy.

Last edited by outlawprostreet; 09-18-2013 at 07:20 PM. Reason: 9/18
outlawprostreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
outlawprostreet

e-mails:

Thank you for your order on 8/16/2013.
Your Order Number is:
To login and view your order status use this URL:
Please note that our custom painted and carbon fiber products are made to order and can take 5-10 business days to ship out. We do our best to ship as quickly as possible on these items.
Sincerely,
Sales Department
RPI Designs

8/18
Hi, I'd like to make a change to my order. I'd like to cancel the rk sport spoiler order and not paint the entire ZL1 side skirts. just paint the top portion and leave the bottom black. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks

8/19
Hi

No problem. Would you like any other spoiler in place of that one?

Thanks
Josh

Thanks for your reply. I just ordered a carbon fiber seibon st spoiler. It was going to be a pain in the ass to get the iom stripes on the rk sport. I look forward to the zl1 skirts though.
Thanks

8/26
Hi, just wanted to see if you had a estimated ship date for the skirts. Also what will my new total be and when will the difference be refunded to my cc? Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience

Hi

It’ll be early next week. But price is the same.

Thank you and no problem.

Sounds good. The difference refund I meant was for the rksport spoiler, $29 for the zl1 sides completely painted and the additional shipping for the spoiler. The amount charged was $872.39
Thanks

8/28
Good morning josh. I'm still waiting to verify that I was not being charged $872 for just the side skirts. Let me know what my total will be and when i can get the difference back to my card before we proceed with my order.

Thanks

Hi

Yes, we are refunding the other back when we ship.

Thanks
Josh

9/4

Hi josh. I really need to get my updated total from you. I have been trying to get the total and difference refunded for 2 1/2 weeks. I also sent a pm on camaro5

Hi

they are almost done. I’m currently on vacation out of the country, but the guys are working at the shop. I’ll check your refund on Monday

Thanks
Josh

Please cancel my order completely and do not ship anything. I have just filed a dispute with my cc comp. I have been trying to get a total amount for the item I ordered and the refund for the difference for over 2 weeks. I cannot blindly let you charge me whatever you feel like.

Hi , From our phone conversation 9/4 at 7:30 pm, we will ship you when the part # CAMGM982 ZL1 Side Rockers pre painted summit white like the factory style. The part retails for $499.95 you have a 15% discount which brings the part to $424.96 shipping is $25.00 grand total is $ 449.96, The balance of the total for the cancelled spoiler, the entire painted option for the side skirts and the shipping for the spoiler will be refunded to your credit card when Josh returns next week to the shop. Please square this up with the credit card company and let me know. Thanks, Don

Don
9/5
Good morning Don. My cc comp didn't send a email confirmation, looks like they sent a letter to confirm my cancellation of the charge dispute. Attached are screen shots of the closed disputes on my online account. I'll call later to see of they can email a confirmation.

If you'd like check with your processing company and make sure there isn't a hold or anything anymore. Let me know

Thanks

Don, customer doesn’t understand I’m on vacation, can you please notify the guys at the shop to please cancel the entire order. He did a chargeback. We’ll use his parts for another customer,

Thanks
Josh

Hi Ralph , I will get this handled Monday / Tuesday and I will let you know. Thanks, Don

9/10

Hey Don, good afternoon. Just wanted to remind you about refunding the money to my card.

Thanks

Hi Ralph, Yes it is being taken care of, sorry about problems last week. If you need something please let me know. Thanks, Don

Old 09-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
Ouch, I think the whole thing was a giant misunderstanding.. I have been given items under warrenty, and they have always responded to my emails. GL with this.
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
lb10ss

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, Black/Inferno Orange
man that's not good!!! your in fL you should have ordered from Garys Custom...
lb10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
outlawprostreet

Thanks. It may have been. The thing that was really bothering me is how he kept avoiding my question on a total. Even saying the price will be the same. Then the whole waiting on the refund deal. Either way i'll let the CC comp earn their percentage and get the money back. Once this is over i'll order from gmpartshouse and have them painted locally. It makes more sense anyways. Why risk the damage to the paint during shipping and any color match issues can be handled on the spot.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
outlawprostreet

Yeah, I probably should have ordered from Gary's. He does do some nice work on his fenders
Old 09-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #7
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
Wow, at least you got replies from them. A year back I had an issue with a part I ordered from them that didn't fit. They idnored me completely for over a month. I had to file a complaint with PayPal. They ignored PayPal for another month so they were forced to give me a refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #8
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Josh is a nice guy just not to good on the wording and communication thing at all that's why he hired Don and if you did any research on RPI you know the issues and the post Don era turnaround it's almost comparable to the Chiefs turnaround from last year in the NFL. Looks exactly like what another person said big huge misunderstanding and poor communication which only serves to remind those doing business with RPI and that is talk to Don.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #9
outlawprostreet

I did search the reviews after a few e-mails. It sucks but i t seems like the only way to get anything done with rpi is through charge disputes. I agree. Don is better to deal with and anyone having issues should pm him here.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:48 AM   #10
mat300z
Emerald Coast Camaro's

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Strange I have at least 4 or 5 orders with them and no problems. Maybe this is growing pains like with Rx and they need more help.
mat300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #11
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat300z View Post
Strange I have at least 4 or 5 orders with them and no problems. Maybe this is growing pains like with Rx and they need more help.

nothing like RX thats so terrible to say.. Nah they had little growing pains just no desire to answer the phones or e-mails during their day so they finally after being tossed in the same group as RX for a bit did something about it by hiring Don. Just PM Don he's been good about everything gonna hafta get my own issue fixed with them soon enough and i know he's cool with it just havent found the time i need myself to get the ball rolling.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #12
RPIDon

Drives: Camaro
Send a message via AIM to RPIDon
Hi Rafael, on behalf of RPI Designs I want to apologize for any miscommunications, the last month has been very hectic. We are trying to fix some problems so we can better serve the customer. We are finding out that we need to hire another person just to help with order status and follow up, which in your case here would of helped with some of the communication issues. The last couple of weeks Josh as been in and out of the office and we did not realize that you were emailing us both at the same time and when we replied we were only replying to you and we did not see each others answers. Your money has been refunded which depending on the credit card company it could take anywhere from as little as 2 day or as long as 7 business days. Since you did a credit card dispute as well you are going to receive your money back . Truthfully I don’t like seeing these types of post and we do what we can to avoid these things from happening. If you need something in the future that I can help you with please let me know and I promise you the outcome will be a positive one. Thanks, Don
RPIDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #13
RPIDon

Drives: Camaro
Send a message via AIM to RPIDon
Evil-Bee-NH Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it

Last edited by RPIDon; 09-19-2013 at 01:23 PM.
RPIDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
kstl01
KSTZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert LPE 700 633 RWHP
I recently ordered abunch of items for my ZL1 and Don and Josh were always quick to repsond to voice and emails. I'm sure I will be back for more parts as I just can't seem to leave this car alone!