Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #99
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post

It is MUCH cheaper just to wash the car again for one. Two, clay residue can sometimes smear and the soap will easily remove it.
Junkman, again not arguing with you, just addressing some of your points with my opinion:

1) Soap is not much cheaper for me...

I have a 128 oz Pinnacle Waterless wash concentrate that I got for $60. That 1 gallon makes 32 gallons of WW solution. I use about 1/4 a gallon a wash for my car. That is about $0.50. Sure it might be like $0.15 for soap, but I would pay 35 cents extra for the convenience of using a waterless wash instead of having to deal with hoses and two buckets.

2) Clay residue has not been a problem with the waterless washes I have used (Ultima and Pinnacle). Always comes off easy as pie

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #100
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Junkman:

I bought this 6" backing plate from Chemical Guys. What size hex-logic pads work with it? 5.5?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00
Thanks,
CRT
6 inch pads. The backing plate is 5 3/4"

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
Old 11-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #101
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
So talked with zaino. Think I might skip the buffer. They swear I can get the same results by hand and there product line. And from what I have read seems like a sell. 110 for everything I need. Money isn't the issue but it is 75% application. And there seems the best. And with real results. Chime in love to her why or why not
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #102
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
So my car is a year. Light swirls from towel dry before I used two bucket and air blower. Still need 105 . Thanks. Sealer then wax right. Or other way?
You may or may not need M105. I don't know because I haven't seen your car. However, there's nothing wrong with starting with M205 and if that doesn't remove the damage, stepping up to M105.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Junkman:

I bought this 6" backing plate from Chemical Guys. What size hex-logic pads work with it? 5.5?
Thanks,
CRT
Look at the picture that you linked to. Do you see how the pad is BIGGER than the back plate? The pad is ALWAYS bigger than the back plate. I explained that in detail within my paint correction videos. As a matter of fact, I show the back plate up close to the screen so that you can read what it says. This is why I stress watching the videos multiple times. A 6.5" pad requires a 6" back plate. A 5.5" pad requires a 5" back plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
6 inch pads. The backing plate is 5 3/4"
Nope, it's 6". Look it up.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #103
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
So talked with zaino. Think I might skip the buffer. They swear I can get the same results by hand and there product line. And from what I have read seems like a sell. 110 for everything I need. Money isn't the issue but it is 75% application. And there seems the best. And with real results. Chime in love to her why or why not
Zaino doesn't fix anything. If you're ok with putting lipstick on a pig and calling it a model, then go for it. I for one would rather fix it right.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #104
Blues45th

That's why I'm asking. So ill stick with original plan pc and clay and wash and 205 and then seal then wax. Still waiting on best seal and wax combo. I have 3 car shows and a parade in 2 weeks guys I want my 45th to pop even more. My list is going with all my items listed above so finish me off wax pads? Sealer? I know 75% deal but tell me some worth a shit products. Please
Old 11-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #105
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Every time you post, I wonder if you actually watched my videos. Here's why.

Zaino has two products that do paint correction. One is Z-AIO and the other is Z-PC Fusion. Neither one of those products are in the kit you are wanting to buy. The other products that Zaino sells (and that are included in your kit) are called POLISHES by Zaino, but they are actually GLAZES. A glaze is a product that attempts to FILL IN paint damage, NOT fix it. That's why you are told that the more coats of Zaino you apply, the better your paint will look. That's also why after you apply a bunch of coats of Zaino and then wash your car enough times, all the scratches will reappear. That's because they never went anywhere, you just covered them up. Now there's nothing wrong with that if you're that guy, but I want my paint damage eliminated, not masked. So you can choose to cover up the damage in your paint over and over again or you can actually remove it. Another option is to buy the correct Zainp products that will actually FIX your paint damage but that a completely different thread.

Frankly, I have better things to do than to keep applying coats of glazes to my paint. That is very time consuming.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:38 PM   #106
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Zaino doesn't fix anything. If you're ok with putting lipstick on a pig and calling it a model, then go for it. I for one would rather fix it right.
Well you beat me to it!

Old 11-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #107
Blues45th

Din you just say that zaino is sending you another product to use. And I watched your videos so much it has my wife sick of the brotha productions lol. Now instead of being a ass just be helpful. If the " kit " won't fix my paint and they have a product that will why wouldn't you just tell me it instead of saying different thread. And it's funny cuse once again I see the adams junkman kit. Hmmm, interesting. Guess not all is fair in one and war. Meaning guess your opinion isn't non bias. With that junkman what products are what would fix my paint with zaino. Or do I email sal back and tell him junk man said no. Just like dean telling me last night the 2 bucket wash system is a waste of time and money. Not me saying these things others from sites that sell what you recommend. So again I've watched the 45 minute videos with 29 minutes of work and the rest the ameuter comedy show so with that said why doesn't a brother help out all these people reaching out instead of always getting in the side of being a ass. Most people don't have a garage to wash there car in lol or the time to spend 3 days on a detail. Guess there are reasons why your single and that's great so for us with lives families and questions should we just turn to f
Detailers domain where they have time to explain and give options on products. Junkman your videos are great and helpful. Your attitude sucks.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #108
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post

Nope, it's 6". Look it up.
I did before I posted the first time... and that's not what it says on the Chemical guys website or the amazon website:

Quote:
THE BEST 6" Backing plate for your Dual Action Polisher. DA-Molded urethane backing plate. Nothing holds pads better than our Hook & Loop Flexible backing plates.
FITS ALL 6" PADS.

DA BACKING PLATE Actually measures 5"3/4 inch. Pro-FLEX Flexible Backing Plate Ideal for all DA machines, Porter Cable, UDM, Ultimate Detailing machines and several others.
Here are the website links where it says that:

http://www.chemicalguys.com/DA_BACKI...lc_bp_da_6.htm

Old 11-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #109
Blues45th

Ihaveacamaro. Junkman is right. Doesn't matter what the product says. This guy is a joke. He has videos all over different forums. He is a sales man. Adams had a junkman kit lol. I mean don't you have time for a 3 day detail and a garage to wash your car in. Lol. I give up. Ill message you or try and ask Phil at detail domain. Nicer more helpful and actually know what they are talking about instead of referring to videos they did. Lol. Thanks for your help we can compare notes in other thread.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #110
Blues45th

Like I said its my fault they call a glaze a polish. I mean I should know that all detail products are misleading. Jeez detailers domain here we come. Thanks to all
Old 11-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #111
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Ihaveacamaro. Junkman is right. Doesn't matter what the product says. This guy is a joke. He has videos all over different forums. He is a sales man. Adams had a junkman kit lol. I mean don't you have time for a 3 day detail and a garage to wash your car in. Lol. I give up. Ill message you or try and ask Phil at detail domain. Nicer more helpful and actually know what they are talking about instead of referring to videos they did. Lol. Thanks for your help we can compare notes in other thread.
I wouldn't say that. I will be the FIRST person to say Junkman knows a HELL of a lot more than I do...

But if you don't want his help, by all means that is your choice. Just know that he DOES know more than I do and I have never claimed otherwise

Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #112
Blues45th

Lol he does it for a living hope he would. Just like you know more about teeth. Doesn't mean then when someone ask you you keep reacting like your stressed that your responding on a forum. I mean its what he does. They called it a polish. He corrects me says I don't watch the videos because they call it something it isn't. I just quoted them. They said polish. And also all I want to do is get my ride looking great. It's only a year old washed weekly and kept very well so that's all I want is a clean smooth no swirl c.f.m. Paint on my 45th. Sorry for as,ing question that weren't coverd under your video. I got someone who is willing to answer questions and actually explain what difference is and why some call products polish when really a glaze.