Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-24-2009, 11:43 PM   #15
WorldClassRS

Drives: 2010 RJT LT/RS
xTooltipElement
Service Information
2010 Chevrolet Camaro | Camaro Service Manual | View All Bulletins | Document ID: 2291505
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#09-08-49-011: Instrument Panel Cluster Needle(s) Stick Intermittently (Replace Instrument Panel Cluster) - (Jun 15, 2009)

Subject: Instrument Panel Cluster Needle(s) Stick Intermittently (Replace Instrument Panel Cluster)

Models: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some customers may comment that one of the instrument cluster needles becomes stuck at a specific value. This may be an intermittent condition based on the interior temperature of the vehicle. Clusters that are vulnerable to this condition will have the pointer stick at elevated interior temperatures or when the cluster has been operating for a period of time.

Cause
This condition may be caused by cluster needles that were installed too deep on the gage.

Correction
Replace the instrument panel cluster. Refer to Instrument Cluster Replacement in SI. Reprogram the instrument panel cluster using the Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI) and Service Programming System (SPS) with the latest TIS2WEB calibrations after replacement. Refer to Instrument Cluster Reprogramming in SI.

Parts Information
Important: DO NOT obtain parts from GMSPO. Contact a GM authorized Electronic Service Center (ESC) for replacement.

To identify the correct part number, use the Global Diagnostic System (GDS) application or remove the unit for inspection.

Warranty Information
For vehicle repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

N4180
Instrument Cluster Replacement
Use Published Labor Operation Time

N4199
Instrument Cluster Reprogramming with SPS

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2009 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldClassRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:45 PM   #16
WorldClassRS

Drives: 2010 RJT LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggermike62 View Post
I have a 2SS, I have an intermitent problem with the speedo also. It reads faster than I am actually going. I did take it back to the dealer, and they have ordered a new gauge cluster. problem is that the Camaro's are so new that the dealerships dont have the software for their diagnostic equipment to even look at them. I was told by my dealership that they are getting their programs updated this month. so looking into problemas will get easier as time goes on. Technology ita a wonderful thing.

diggermike62 vin#3276
Sorry to tell you but the diagnostic software has been out since February.
WorldClassRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #17
Mod007

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
I having the same problem, the dealer told me they dont have the parts to fix it yet and that they'll get back to me.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #18
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Search works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine had been doing this for a couple weeks now too...must be the damn Texas heat (been a 100 everyday here lately!!).

Time to call the dealer!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:45 AM   #19
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Is there a screw for that dial that can be loosened?
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:49 AM   #20
neko95
neko95

Drives: 2017 2SS
1SS/RS - last digits of VIN 0587. Problem just started yesterday; analog speedometer seems to be working okay but digital stopped displaying speed. Anyone having this problem and if so has it been resolved yet? I'm going to call the dealer today ...
neko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #21
camarotoofast
VIN #586 is Home

Drives: 00 Z28 Camaro 69 camaro 81 cam
Send a message via Yahoo to camarotoofast
Hey neko95, I see your car was made right after mine (#586) I just had my gauge cluster replaced for the same problems. Took dealer 2 days to get the part. Its all good now

Last edited by camarotoofast; 07-11-2009 at 07:07 PM.
camarotoofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #22
neko95
neko95

Drives: 2017 2SS
Thanks for the info. Dropped @ dealer 2 day, no response all day. LOL, will post repair. Only has 464 miles and problems, whats up with that?
neko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #23
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
what all do they have to take apart to replace the instrument cluster? Also make sure your dealer orders the right one in case you have the IOM interior package
fieldgoal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:02 AM   #24
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
My speedometer (analog) just quit working. Digital indicator in center stack works OK though. Car is at dealer now for repair. They said they will probably just replace the entire cluster. I'll post back when it is fixed as to what the dealer actually did.
FrankT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:36 AM   #25
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
My speedometer quit on me yesterday,when this happen to you folks did you loose engine temp.,fuel indication,oil pressure etc. After I got to my destination I turn it of and back on ,it worked fine.
Also is it normal for the gauges to pend themselves when first starting the engine ,back to zero and then stabilizing itself once the engine is started, this has been like this since day one, therefore I assume it to be normal.It as been to the dealer before therefore if it was abnormal they would have said something I would think. Is their a TSB out on this issue other than the number listed here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldClassRS View Post
xTooltipElement
Service Information
2010 Chevrolet Camaro | Camaro Service Manual | View All Bulletins | Document ID: 2291505

#09-08-49-011: Instrument Panel Cluster Needle(s) Stick Intermittently (Replace Instrument Panel Cluster) - (Jun 15, 2009)

Subject: Instrument Panel Cluster Needle(s) Stick Intermittently (Replace Instrument Panel Cluster)

Models: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro

Condition
Some customers may comment that one of the instrument cluster needles becomes stuck at a specific value. This may be an intermittent condition based on the interior temperature of the vehicle. Clusters that are vulnerable to this condition will have the pointer stick at elevated interior temperatures or when the cluster has been operating for a period of time.

Cause
This condition may be caused by cluster needles that were installed too deep on the gage.

Correction
Replace the instrument panel cluster. Refer to Instrument Cluster Replacement in SI. Reprogram the instrument panel cluster using the Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI) and Service Programming System (SPS) with the latest TIS2WEB calibrations after replacement. Refer to Instrument Cluster Reprogramming in SI.

Parts Information
Important: DO NOT obtain parts from GMSPO. Contact a GM authorized Electronic Service Center (ESC) for replacement.

To identify the correct part number, use the Global Diagnostic System (GDS) application or remove the unit for inspection.

Warranty Information
For vehicle repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

N4180
Instrument Cluster Replacement
Use Published Labor Operation Time

N4199
Instrument Cluster Reprogramming with SPS

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2009 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.

Last edited by STINGER BEE; 11-17-2011 at 02:46 PM.
STINGER BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #26
jcamere94z28

Drives: None
Should my dealer be telling me that because the car is not longer under bumper to bumper warranty they can't fix this?
jcamere94z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #27
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamere94z28 View Post
Should my dealer be telling me that because the car is not longer under bumper to bumper warranty they can't fix this?
Hi jcamere94z28,
If you'd like us to research your vehicle issue and concerns, please send us a PM with your mileage, VIN, contact info and name of dealer. The dealership has the ability to approve or deny warranty coverage if your current vehicle concerns do not fall into their recall or warranty guidelines. It is dependent on their diagnosis. Anything outside of those guidelines would cause you to incur cost that would be your responsibility if the dealership determines so. As I cannot comment at this point until I receive further info from you, please let us know if you'd like us to look into your concerns further.

Thank you,
Sara (Assisting Brandon)
Chevrolet Customer Service