Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
AWESOME READ, MUST READ

2010 Camaro SS, RJT, Black Leather, 6 Speed Manual, Polished Wheels and Engine Cover. 2G1FT1EW7A9118261

Hello Everyone,

I would like to submit this story to the Camaro5 people as a reminder of what a great car this Camaro is.

About 4 ½ to 5 years ago I saw a rendering, in a car magazine, of the coolest thing I had ever saw. It was a drawing of a Camaro, with the title “Look out Mustang”. I made several calls to General Motors asking about the car and was given the normal statement that this was just a “Concept”. I was so enamored with the drawing that I started saving money not really knowing if it would ever become a reality. In 2006 we all know that the “Concept” was built and displayed at the Auto Show, once again I called General Motors to inquire about this car as I am sure many of the enthusiast did, the lady told me that they had received over 700,000 calls on the Concept Camaro, so I signed up for updates like many others. Fast forward a few years and the dream became a reality, General Motors is going to produce the Camaro. Now I am really excited, and of course started dreaming of my new car, then came all the questions that happen, What color?, What options do I want, you know, the normal guy thing. So in October 2008 I ordered my dream car, one that I have been saving for 4 years and waited.

You see I am just an ordinary guy from Alabama, simple guy really. I have been fortunate to own a General Motors vehicle since I was old enough to buy one. So like all others that placed an order I have waited what seems like an eternity but in reality just a few short months for my dream car. At the end of May I received a call from my dealer stating that had received their closure letter and that they would be closing and would not be receiving any allocations for anything and that I would not be getting my Camaro as ordered because it had been canceled. I was stunned, and in shock to say the least.

I wrote a letter to Mr. Frederick Henderson explaining what had happened to my order since the announcement of the dealer closings, explained my loyalty for the past 30 years and ask him for his help and I e-mailed it to him and the Board of Directors of GM figuring that would be the end of it, but to my surprise I received a response from him stating that “ He would look into It”. Well being a person of no importance. I figured that this was just lip service and that would be the end of the story, I was wrong, boy was I wrong. I posted it on Camaro 5 “ Someone at GM Cares

The story is a little long but worth the read.

A few short hours later I received an e-mail from a man named Kurt McNeil, General Manager for Chevrolet stating that he was looking into my order and that he would get back to me. Once again I am thinking that this is just lip service, because things like this just do not happen, especially to me. To my surprise he e-mailed me the next day and stated that my order would not be canceled, that it was moved to another dealer and that my order was price protected. How awesome. Thinking that would be the end of it I was completely happy getting my new Camaro, but once again I was wrong.

Being a member of Camaro5 I make posts, read a lot and have met some very nice people along with alot of great information. Some of the time there is a lot of complaining about the R6P orders. Most of my post are of the appreciative type, because I firmly believe in my heart that “ While it nice to be important, it is much more important to be nice” There are few members that work in the Oshawa plant on this forum, and when I have the opportunity I always like to say thanks to those guys.

Well here is where the story takes an amazing twist. You see a couple of months ago it was posted that Mike Judge had a signed lithograph sent to one of our members for the first Cyber Gray Metallic Camaro that came off the line.. I thought this was absolutely the coolest thing I had ever read. I private messaged Super60 and relayed my appreciation for what he had done for someone else and Thanked Him for his and all of the workers for their dedication and effort on this car. Thinking nothing of it but just giving a little credit where credit was due.

Well today is the day. Dr Jkel has arrived. 7-1-09

Words can not express my thoughts on this car. It is absolutely the most beautiful car I have ever owned. The quality and craftsmanship I see in this car is amazing. This car is flawless.

I understand that the workers in Oshawa have made concessions and sacrifices for GM and the Camaro. I would just like to take this opportunity to Thank Mike Judge and ALL The workers at Oshawa for their dedication, loyalty and amazing talents. From what I understand everyone who works on the Camaro has 20 years experience, and it shows. This is not only a car for me but will be a family heirloom, my little boy who is 10 years old wanted to know why I did not get the “ Transformer” option, and of course he has informed everyone in the family that the Camaro is now his and is only loaning it to me, you gotta love kids. So from the top person at your plant to the bottom rung of the ladder, Thank you So Very Much.

As if this story could not get any better, well it did. A couple of days ago I received a private message from Super 60 ( Mike Judge ) stating that he had a lithograph available if I would like one. Stunned is what I was because these things do not happen to a guy like me, not a big wig, just a simple guy. From what I understand there are only 30 of these lithographs available and I feel honored to be getting one.

I would like to sincerely express my appreciation for all you have done for the Camaro, General Motors and for me. You have built an amazing car, it will stay the way it came off the line until all my years are done and then will be passed on to my little boy for another lifetime. Thank You, Thank You , Thank You, you have truly made this ole country boy from Alabama happy, and if you are ever in the area you are always welcome, and if you pass a Red Jewel Tintcoat Camaro with “ Dr Jkel “ on the plates you will know it is me. Dr. Jkel comes from my family, Drew, Jordan and Kelley.

I wish I had the appropriate vocabulary to express my deep appreciation because Thank You does not seem like nearly enough. It is nice to know the kind of people who wake up every morning and go to a job that they absolutely love and put their all into it for our enjoyment. Mike to you and all your co-workers I really appreciate all you have done and continue to do.

Well my day came and I received my lithograph today 7-30-09, signed by you, the backbone of the Camaro. I feel honored and humbled by this token of your appreciation, you see this is not only a “car” for me it is much more. I was introduced to Chevrolet when I was 6 by my uncle and have had the Bowtie fever ever since, for the past 35 years and now I can pass that on to my little boy.

Once again I just would like to pass on my sincere appreciation for all you have done, to let you know that people really do appreciate what you guys/gals do, and to let you know that I am so much more than “Completely Satisfied” with my wonderful car. You have outdone yourself and should feel proud of the quality work you are putting out. Thanks You Oshawa, it is greatly appreciated.

I know I know, this thread is worthless without pics, my lithograph is being framed and I will post them along with some new pictures of my wonderful car.
I would also like to take this opportunity to Thank a few more people , Hylton, Larry, Ed and Tag. For what they have done, continue to do , and will do in the future for GM. This site is not only a wealth of information compiled for general knowledge. You guys have taken it to a new level. I do not pretend to know what goes into making a site like this and you guys do an outstanding job relaying accurate information helpful to all. While I am sure that there a few “Know it All “ Camaro enthusiasts, I feel pretty confident that most are like me and the knowledge and guidance you provide in commendable, you guys are awesome and I just wanted to thank you publically for the help you gave me personally and to all the members on this forum.

As soon as the litho is framed I will update this thread.

Sincerely,
John VIN 18261
Attached Images

Last edited by Dr Jkel; 08-03-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Old 08-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
OrangeCruSSh

Drives: 2010 Camaro/2500HD Silverado
I think you just expressed a big "Thank you" to all rather poetically! Nicely written.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
Dr Jekel,

How can you say it's an AWESOME READ: MUST READ when you wrote it?!?

Ok, it WAS a good read though. Enjoy your car man.
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
That was a great read! Nice story. Congrats on the litho!!
May I also say, my car has gone over and above my expectations. Definately the nicest car I've ever owned (and I've had my license over 40 years)
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:40 AM   #6
GMtothecore
"That Guy"

Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
Whew.....long, but nicely written!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #7
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
Great story...it's an amazing thought to know that this car was once just a concept....just someone's magnificient vision but that it is now in our garages.

Thank you doesn't seem like enough but it's all we got so ....thank you GM, Oshawa, Camaro5, and everone that had a hand in this beautiful car.

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #9
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Very good read and very good story. This is why we are in America, this is why we buy American! I hope your son loves this car as much as you do if not more. Enjoy your ride JKEL.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #10
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelZ View Post
Very good read and very good story. This is why we are in America, this is why we buy American! I hope your son loves this car as much as you do if not more. Enjoy your ride JKEL.
Thanks Jewel. I think he already does love it since he claims it as his own right now, lol.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #11
Grimmjow
6th Espada

Drives: 05 Mustang (Screaming Yellow)
Awesome story, great car... but uh Crimson Tide... Okay, I won't knock it since i'm a fan of Auburn. :P
Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #12
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmjow View Post
Awesome story, great car... but uh Crimson Tide... Okay, I won't knock it since i'm a fan of Auburn. :P
Now I guess you can see the choice of color, I suppose yours is Blue, maybe with IOM stripes. LMAO It's all good
Old 08-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #13
djinva
Bow Tie Fan

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
Great story, enjoy your car!
12 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Instagram: djinva88
djinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #14
Grimmjow
6th Espada

Drives: 05 Mustang (Screaming Yellow)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
Now I guess you can see the choice of color, I suppose yours is Blue, maybe with IOM stripes. LMAO It's all good
LOL, no Camaro yet, but I couldn't get those colors where I live.. it would get keyed or door dinged not because it was a camaro, but because it would be Auburn colors in Georgia territory haha. Maybe if it was VR with Gray Stripes it would be worshiped in my area.

In any case, loved your story. Glad you have your beauty. Time for me to start saving myself. I could technically afford one now if I didn't have to pay one of my parents credit cards and if I finished paying off a mouth piece I own. I have to be responsible and place my family first. Camaro will come in due time.
Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote