Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #85
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
I do wish GM's blue was a bit brighter. My GT's in Vista Blue with white stripes, and in the sun it's the best color you've ever seen.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #86
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
and make no mistake, it ISNT a deal breaker to me... but it will be to others... we had already decided on a Cyber Gray car... so its not going to stop us... but what about others? what about people who dearly love blue as a color... and they'd willingly buy one if it was offered... but choose to keep their current car or buy another company's product because they can't get what they want from GM... Ford offers a blue... Dodge offers a blue... why is GM NOT offering a blue? haven't we had enough of GM telling us, the customers, "you can't have what you want" in reference to the Z28? why limit the possibilities on a car that GM is calling a "global car"? all we're asking for is answers or changes... either one is acceptable... but "we can't talk about it" is just plain silly.
Thank you!!!! There a couple of reasons this is important and a mistake. Someone said something about good business. Well, considering GM's very poor financial condition right now, it seems to be a SMART decision to give the higher-paying car buyer an option that is really already there... Just paint our SS with what you already have!

Additionally, I've wanted a blue top of the line Camaro for at least 10 years now. And now that I'm in the position (barely) to afford my dream car, which has been my favorite pretty much since I ever cared about cars, GM tells me I can't have it. Again, I've saved up what little extra I make as an underpaid cop, and GM slaps me in the face (it feels like it anyway) and says I can't have blue, but I can have any of the other colors available... And I doubt they're saving it for a special edition. Why would they use a color that is only available on the lower, base model for a limited edition model? That wouldn't exactly set it apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol what View Post
A. The car you want doesn't come in blue. It's not the end of the world.

B. Imperial Blue Metallic is _very_ dark. Even in direct sunlight, you have to really focus to tell it's not black.

C. Aqua Blue Metallic is girly.

Blue is right at the top of my list of favorite car colors, but after seeing the blues offered on the Camaro in the flesh on other GM cars, I'm not really all that disappointed they won't be available on the SS. Other manufacturers have much deeper, richer shades.

The grass is always greener though, right?
I'm sorry, but for you to come here in your first post and say a color is girly is an insult, and poor taste. Secondly, I've personally seen Imperial blue on a Cobalt, and it's not very dark, not to me. You DON'T have to stare at it to tell it's black. And that is the color I wanted. I think it looks very nice, and very sporty. I always liked the NBM on the 4th gen cars, and THAT is a color that was dark, but you could still tell it wasn't black. You're right, it's not the end of the world, but for someone who's had a passionate dream, for quite some time, this just stinks. And other manufacturers may have "nicer" shades... personally, I really like the Mustang blue, but Ford isn't painting my Camaro unfortunately. And as I said, I'm using pretty much all my available extra money to afford this car, and to have to go out and spend ANOTHER $3k to $5k for a paint color that is already there is unacceptable.

And to ChrisL, I hear what you're saying about making my voice heard at the dealership, but unfortunately I have not put down any deposit yet, and I find it hard to believe my dealer would care about a phone call from someone saying they won't be buying a Camaro any time soon because blue is not an option on the SS... I could be wrong though.

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Old 10-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #87
lol what

Drives: Don't own one
Easy there. I'm just saying, as a member of the male population, I would not feel comfortable driving around in a turquoise camaro.

Look at it this way: the RX-8 Shinka was a great car, but only if you wanted to be known as the guy who drives a purple Mazda. In the same way that some colors just "work" on a car, others just . . . don't.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #88
HeldonSS

Drives: GM all the way!
I'm sorry, but for you to come here in your first post and say a color is girly is an insult, and poor taste. Secondly, I've personally seen Imperial blue on a Cobalt, and it's not very dark, not to me. You DON'T have to stare at it to tell it's black. And that is the color I wanted. I think it looks very nice, and very sporty. I always liked the NBM on the 4th gen cars, and THAT is a color that was dark, but you could still tell it wasn't black. You're right, it's not the end of the world, but for someone who's had a passionate dream, for quite some time, this just stinks. And other manufacturers may have "nicer" shades... personally, I really like the Mustang blue, but Ford isn't painting my Camaro unfortunately. And as I said, I'm using pretty much all my available extra money to afford this car, and to have to go out and spend ANOTHER $3k to $5k for a paint color that is already there is unacceptable.

I was thinking the same!
#15519-SOLD
2002 Camaro 35th ann. SS-6spd
1997 Camaro 30th ann. Z conv.
1968 Camaro RS/SS 396/375 HP Super Chevy R/u
1967 Camaro RS conv. 5.7 Vortec
1967 Chevy II Super Chevy Winner
1970 GMC Sierra Grande 1 Prior owner
1972 C-10 454, 2-4's Super Chevy Winner-SOLD
1990 454 SS 26,000 miles Super Chevy Winner
1991 GMC Syclone #170 of 2998
2003 Silverado SS-SOLD 2015 Chevy Suburban 2009 Silverado 2500 HD 2008 Corvette conv.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #89
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
works or does not work. I think from what I have read here that blue does work for the masses.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:41 PM   #90
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post

i concur ol' Chap

penske camaros were blue....
Thanks. I believe I've found my new profile pic.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:41 PM   #91
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol what View Post
Easy there. I'm just saying, as a member of the male population, I would not feel comfortable driving around in a turquoise camaro.

Look at it this way: the RX-8 Shinka was a great car, but only if you wanted to be known as the guy who drives a purple Mazda. In the same way that some colors just "work" on a car, others just . . . don't.
Have you seen Aqua Blue in person? It isn't turquoise at all. It looks that way in the GM photoshops, but if you look at the pictures we have on this site, it looks very different.

GM really should be reading this. 5 pages and counting of just hating this idea. Wow.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
Old 10-10-2008, 10:07 PM   #92
heavyt100

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Why couldn't they have done this:

LS/LT: Aqua Blue, Red Jewel Tintcoat

SS: Imperial Blue, Victory Red

That way you could get red or blue, no matter which Camaro you ordered.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:20 PM   #93
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
The current status of the American economy and the scary activity in the stock market this last week have me very afraid of spending money on anything that I want but really don't need. I've decided to wait for at least a year and see what else happens before even thinking about buying a Camaro SS.

Blue not being available on the SS actually makes waiting easier for me.

I have owned three yellow cars over the years. I drive a black Fiero GT now and used to have a black Firebird Trans Am. Don't want another yellow car or black car. I currently also have a medium silver car and a bright red car. I obviously like silver and red, but I do not want a Camaro in either shade of silver or either shade of red. My previous daily driver was a white Fiero GT. I liked the Fiero but not the white color. I will not get another white car. I had a hugger orange with black stripes '70-1/2 Z/28 Camaro years ago. Not sure if I like the metallic orange color for the new Camaro. Also not sure an orange car would look that good parked next to my red car. But a nice blue Camaro SS with white stripes would have looked great next to my red car (which has black stripes).
Old 10-10-2008, 10:59 PM   #94
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
Guys, if you want blue, just get the damn thing painted. You could even get a Camaro in white and leave part of it white for a striping effect.

In no way should this be a deal breaker.

Besides, maybe they're saving a Le Mans-type blue for another model... That's one of the only reasons that makes sense, especially since ChrisL said they can't talk about it.
I'll get it painted if the can sell it to me in primer with a $1000 "paint delete" option. Okay?

If I want to spend thousands of dollars to correct the shortcomings of a car that's this expensive, why not just buy another car that comes with everything already on it that I want?
Old 10-10-2008, 11:13 PM   #95
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Cyber Gray is available on all Corvettes, not just the ZR1.

I stand corrected. Your absolutely right!

I still stand firm on my point though.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #96
SSINSTR
Michelin Man Assassin

Drives: '10 IBM 2SS/RS LS3
This is a sad day for me... I have been daydreaming about my blue SS nonstop for the last several months and I totally feel this is a slap in the face. This is my dream car, I wanted to order it exactly the way I want it. I wasn't going to before but I think I might have to go test drive a challenger now, (I'll at least give Dodge a chance before I drive the camaro)
GM: give the customer what they want, dont tell us what we are going to drive. Your stock dropped by almost 50% this week and now your trying to alienate your target audience???
Old 10-11-2008, 12:11 AM   #97
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
that's not the point, sir... and to imply that it is "just that easy," is to ignore that if you buy a car for $XX,XXX, then you have to add $3,000 worth of paint to it to get a color that is OFFERED on the V6 model, is preposterous... read my post above and you'll see that this is as much a slap to the enthusiast as it is a limiting of color choices.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:12 AM   #98
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
No blue on the SS....
I wasn't going to get one in blue, personally (Cyber Gray stole my heart )-- but GM, Chevy...Cheryl, Camaro TEAM...

Whatever the reasoning, This is a REALLY, REALLY bad move. I sincerely hope you change your minds, and decide to offer blue on the SS or else you'll be missing out on valuable customers over a color!! That's unnecessary...

You could introduce it into the lineup like you will introduce white (a little later). But there MUST be a blue option on the SS..

Closed Thread