Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #15
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
but I certainly wouldn't want it on my car.
LOL...especially the Ford part...then again, I don't want that on any part of my car....lol

As for the other stickers/badges...make the dealer take them off. If they mess up the paint/bumper/etc, then they are liable for it. If you mess it up, it's on you.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #16
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
Well, that kind of defeats the whole purpose doesn't it? If you can't tell what it is, then you certainly wouldn't be able to tell what dealer they bought it from... unless you already knew.

The only place nearby that I know of who does that (other than the license plate frame) is a Ford Dealer. Theirs is a silver star that says Ford of Kirkland. It's not big, but I certainly wouldn't want it on my car.
True, but I'd rather a tasteful thing than something with words.

Here's the dealer's image-

The stylized 'D' on the left is all they put on their vehicles. In chrome. I wish more did it that way. I'd remove them less often.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:32 AM   #17
hftech

Drives: 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28!
I Agree. I either tell the dealer to come down on the price or pay me for advertising. If they don't, which they usually don't, I ask them to remove all aspects of their advertisement on my car. I don't want to have to worry about adhesives on my paint or anything so I make them do it. If there is adhesive left over I make them remove it as well. I have seen a few tasteful advertisements as well. And if it is a license plate cover or whatever I just remove it.
hftech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:19 AM   #18
Moosen75

Drives: Junk til 2008
Send a message via AIM to Moosen75
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
True, but I'd rather a tasteful thing than something with words.

Here's the dealer's image-

The stylized 'D' on the left is all they put on their vehicles. In chrome. I wish more did it that way. I'd remove them less often.
yea i am familiar with Desimone Caddy. i do like that logo, but i dont think i want anything really on my camaro.
Moosen75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:34 AM   #19
Good53X

Drives: 1988Nissan Pulsar (meh,beater)
I know that the camaro is beautiful, and I'm supposed to be all about dealership support, but my car is going to be completely debadged, and will probably have an aftermarket grill installed pretty quickly.

It's nothing personal, I just value annonymity in my cars. If someone is a car fan, and they see my car, they'll know what it is. If they don't know what it is... I don't think a touch of mystery will kill them.

There's something classy and clean about a debadged car. 100%.
Good53X is offline   Reply With Quote