Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Deleted

Deleted

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs

Last edited by InvaderMoose; 03-06-2014 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Deleted
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
MA2010SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Back of the supercharger on the lower part of the manifold, hate to say it
2010 Camaro SS Whipple SC, CAI Inc Intake, TSP 1 7/8" LT headers no cats, 3" magnaflow exhaust, HPT, RX Catch Can, LSR Toe Rods, LSR Trailing Arms, ALKY Control Meth, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.73 ZL1 Differential Kit, BTR PDS Stage 2 Cam, Tuned by SLOWHAWK Performance Bridgewater MA
MA2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
InvaderMoose

...I guess there's no easy way of doing it except to feel around. I'd almost see if I could unbolt the cowl area underneath the wipers.

Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
Old 05-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
MA2010SS

I don't think there is an easy way of doing that map sensor other than unbolting the blower and moving it forward, then getting at the map sensor, remove and replace and reinstall the top of the blower again. That's how I would approach it, maybe someone else has a "trick" for that???
2010 Camaro SS Whipple SC, CAI Inc Intake, TSP 1 7/8" LT headers no cats, 3" magnaflow exhaust, HPT, RX Catch Can, LSR Toe Rods, LSR Trailing Arms, ALKY Control Meth, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.73 ZL1 Differential Kit, BTR PDS Stage 2 Cam, Tuned by SLOWHAWK Performance Bridgewater MA
Old 05-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
InvaderMoose

..Old map sensor just snapped in half and its now stuck in the hole in the supercharger... .. Any ideas what to do now..

Old 05-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
MA2010SS

Not good, is the top half of the blower out? You will be able to see the nipple from the map sensor on the inside of the lower intake manifold, that has an O ring attached...make sure that you cover all of the intake ports and then push the nipple from the inside out. Those O Rings will stick, put some white lube on the new one before installing
Old 05-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
InvaderMoose

I didnt take the whipple off to put the MAP sensor on, I just reached behind to do all my work. I wound up fishing the o-ring and everything out with a fishing hook -ba dum tss-. Used gun oil to lube up the new MAP sensor and it went in with a bit of force. Okay, a lot of force. I had to sit on the front of my car and lay over the engine to get both hands behind it just so I could push it in.

No CEL anymore, and no service stabilitrak. After 7 months of guessing and fixing things that weren't broken, my car is FINALLY running correctly. Now I just have to decide If I want to still sell it for a GTR or an M3

Old 05-11-2012, 05:19 AM   #8
MA2010SS

Good to hear that everything is working as it should now...and that's good for future reference for myself and others with a whipple. I know that the map is a real tight fit and would be a PIA to remove with the blower on, I wouldn't get rid of your car though, it's a sweet ride!! But can't argue with either of the other rides you are interested in either

Old 05-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #9
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
when would the service stabilitrak message come on?
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #10
MA2010SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
when would the service stabilitrak message come on?
There are several possible problems that could cause that to come on, wheel sensor problem, engine misfire problem, steering wheel angle sensor problem, and I actually had a weird one where my handheld scanner was causing a service stabilitrak issue, unplug the scanner no problem, plug it back in, code came back...did that several times and same results over and over, I am thinking that my scanner maybe blocking communications to the stablitrak system
Old 05-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #11
johnntab

Drives: 2010 2SSRS, 69 SS, 92 RS, 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2010SS View Post
There are several possible problems that could cause that to come on, wheel sensor problem, engine misfire problem, steering wheel angle sensor problem, and I actually had a weird one where my handheld scanner was causing a service stabilitrak issue, unplug the scanner no problem, plug it back in, code came back...did that several times and same results over and over, I am thinking that my scanner maybe blocking communications to the stablitrak system
I am just finishing up a procharger install with methanol injection. I am planning to run the Aeroforce interceptor gauge. When I start up the car with the gauge on thru the obd port, I get the abs and stabilitrak lights. The gauge essentially works like a scan tool. The guy who is going to put in the tune says it is likely due to the new map sensor in the methanol control kit. He says that once he puts in the tune, it should fix the problem. As the car will know how to deal with signals from the extra map and gauge.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #12
MA2010SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnntab View Post
I am just finishing up a procharger install with methanol injection. I am planning to run the Aeroforce interceptor gauge. When I start up the car with the gauge on thru the obd port, I get the abs and stabilitrak lights. The gauge essentially works like a scan tool. The guy who is going to put in the tune says it is likely due to the new map sensor in the methanol control kit. He says that once he puts in the tune, it should fix the problem. As the car will know how to deal with signals from the extra map and gauge.
I think that it maybe a hit or miss thing with scanners in general, a friend of mine has a snapon scanner updated through 2011 cars, he does this for a living and for not rhyme or reason all different makes and models will act differently, a licoln navigator will get an abs light when diagnosing a CEL issue, or a toyota camery ends up getting an airbag light when checking a CEL....a couple of examples he gave me, fix the problem with the vehicle and remove the scanner no issues. The rep from snap on told him that it may stop communication with certain systems unless he was checking those particular systems, I chalk it up to being random
Old 08-04-2013, 04:45 AM   #13
kj217

Drives: 09 CTS-V
anyone know where MAP goes in a maggie tvs2300?
kj217 is offline   Reply With Quote