Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
bigtanner

Drives: 2011 v6
New Camaro Owner Wants Performance Advice

I just recently bought a 2011 V6 Camaro and have never upgraded a stock car, so I just wanted some tips and wanted to ask some questions. I know I will probably come off as an idiot, but we all start somewhere. So basically I wanted to start with a cold air intake. The one I've been looking at is

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...e-pf7011wb.htm

or this one

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...ke-vr-dz-6.htm

I was also thinking of adding adding headers and I didn't know if I am supposed to only use cat-back exhausts or axle-back exhausts if I get that.

These are the headers I want:

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...headers-v6.htm

and then getting this exhaust:

http://www.mrt-direct.com/91a177.html

After that I was thinking all I would need would be a trifecta tuner.

Would all these be compatible and does anyone have any advice on whether or not I should buy these or are there better alternatives? And if you have any further mods to suggest I would be more than happy to hear them.

Thanks for helpin out a new camaro owner.
bigtanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Everything you have picked out is perfectly compatible with each other. No problem at all. I do have one piece of advice though. If you don't want a loud, raspy, or drony exhaust, I'd recommend looking into a magnaflow resonated x-pipe and at least budgetting for that. When you mount the headers and mrt, if you think it's too raspy, the magnaflow x-pipe will tone down your exhaust but will eliminate virtually all rasp

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
bigtanner

Thanks

Yeah I want it to sound deep and powerful but not obnoxious or anything.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
lscamaro

Your car should get going with those! Great choices for sure!

If you want some more power and don't mind removing things like the intake manifold, we also have ported manifolds and intake manifold insulators!

Oh and forgot to mention, our cars are really good at adjusting for mods on it's own so if you don't want to tune, it isn't necessary. The car will be fine even if you add those mods. The only thing will be that the long tube headers will cause a check engine light to come on because of the high flow cats. A tune can remove the light if it annoys you or something like that.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #5
bigtanner

Is this the Magnaflow exhaust you were talking about?

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...maro-16583.htm
Old 03-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
I have a 2011 2LT/RS and I got the Vararam CAI, and the MRT V2 axleback, Magnaflow X-pipe with the resenators deleted, and 4" tail pipes. The CAI made a huge difference in my cars performance wise and with the new exhaust system being a V6, she just sounds so much better!

Sent from my Phablet using Tapatalk!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtanner View Post
Is this the Magnaflow exhaust you were talking about?

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...maro-16583.htm
No, the part I'm talking about is magnaflow part number 11386. It is basically a muffler that we use in place of the stock h-pipe. It tones down the exhaust note in case the exhaust is too raspy. It's really a personal decision so I suggest you just budget for it just in case and if you like the exhaust the way it is, you can use the money for something else. But if you don't like the rasp, you have the money ready to go to buy it

Old 03-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #8
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
All of those parts will work just fine with each other. We carry all of those parts listed minus the Vararam and MRT exhaust. I honestly prefer the full Magnaflow system and the CAI or Roto-Fab intake system for the V6. We also offer package deals. Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions or pricing.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #9
Swarm

Drives: 2013 Mustang V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
No, the part I'm talking about is magnaflow part number 11386. It is basically a muffler that we use in place of the stock h-pipe. It tones down the exhaust note in case the exhaust is too raspy. It's really a personal decision so I suggest you just budget for it just in case and if you like the exhaust the way it is, you can use the money for something else. But if you don't like the rasp, you have the money ready to go to buy it
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

this one?
Swarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #10
lscamaro

Yea, that's the one I'm talking about.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #11
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
All of those parts will work just fine with each other. We carry all of those parts listed minus the Vararam and MRT exhaust. I honestly prefer the full Magnaflow system and the CAI or Roto-Fab intake system for the V6. We also offer package deals. Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions or pricing.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Congrats on your camaro first off !! Second JDP all a day.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #12
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Best intake for performance imo is the vararam, best looking is the cold air inductions intake. All exhaust is basically the same as far as gains, which aren't much.

Being new to the modding world, get one thing at a time. I'm a believer in understanding everything you mod onto your car and doing as much of the work yourself as you can, or at least understand what is being done.

And a new comer tip, 99% of intakes and any exhaust component are compatible. Intakes are just tubes that bring air into the engine and exhaust are just pipes that bring that air + combustion byproducts out of the engine. You get bigger components to allow more air into the engine and get it out quicker.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #13
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Best intake for performance imo is the vararam, best looking is the cold air inductions intake. All exhaust is basically the same as far as gains, which aren't much.

Being new to the modding world, get one thing at a time. I'm a believer in understanding everything you mod onto your car and doing as much of the work yourself as you can, or at least understand what is being done.

And a new comer tip, 99% of intakes and any exhaust component are compatible. Intakes are just tubes that bring air into the engine and exhaust are just pipes that bring that air + combustion byproducts out of the engine. You get bigger components to allow more air into the engine and get it out quicker.

I agree with darkness in regards to modding one at a time, and doing it yourself. Me still fairly new is now understanding my car a little better. As just the other day I installed my catch can that I purchased from JDP, then today I removed my throttle body myself and cleaned it, and reassembled it. (felt good) next I'm researching how to replace the cabin filter. So yeah research and do one at a time so you have a clear understanding as to why your doing it. As for intake, CAI induction I feel is the best (which I'm soon to purchase in a few weeks),but that's just my opinion. But from what I've read on here they all basically do the same thing. So just go with what you feel will work best with what it is your trying to do.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #14
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
I agree with darkness in regards to modding one at a time, and doing it yourself. Me still fairly new is now understanding my car a little better. As just the other day I installed my catch can that I purchased from JDP, then today I removed my throttle body myself and cleaned it, and reassembled it. (felt good) next I'm researching how to replace the cabin filter. So yeah research and do one at a time so you have a clear understanding as to why your doing it. As for intake, CAI induction I feel is the best (which I'm soon to purchase in a few weeks),but that's just my opinion. But from what I've read on here they all basically do the same thing. So just go with what you feel will work best with what it is your trying to do.
Exactly and it will probably save you money. If something goes wrong on your catch can, you can fix it yourself instead of having to pay a mechanic.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote