Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #295
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
So sorry to hear that Nathan I can only imagine how devastating that must be. You have put so much time into that build while still helping everyone you can here on the forums. If there is any way any of us can return the favor for everything you have done don't hesitate to ask!
Old 10-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #296
Mamooth

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 6M
Never has someone else's project car captivated my attention the way this one has. I am terribly sorry you did not meet your goal, man. Absolutely heart breaking.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #297
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Well......... lets just say you're not going to miss much!

Unfortunately, due to one SINGLE individual, everything we have worked so hard for over the last two years, has blown up in our faces!

We are so disappointed and frustrated, it's hard to put into words. Maybe I will post details at a later time but right now, we are just burnt with this whole deal. What a let down. This guy doesn't realizes the implication of his actions or lack there of.

Signing out perhaps for a while. See you guys.
Nathan! What do you need? What ball dropped? Any chance to get an alternate? Let us know what you need... with all the people interested in this thread and your build there may be someone who can step in and take up the slack.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 10-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #298
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
A little birdie told me there are some forces at work behind the scenes. Keep the faith.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #299
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
A little birdie told me there are some forces at work behind the scenes. Keep the faith.
I hope so. probably has 30,000 people rooting for this project.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #300
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Hope this car gets completed. It looks amazing and so close to being done.

Good luck guys. and

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
Old 10-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #301
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
I hope so. probably has 30,000 people rooting for this project.
30,001 people. This car absolutely deserves to get completed. If I was in CA, I'd be there to lend a hand anyway I could, and I know hundreds of others would too.

Were is the Overhaulin A-Team when we need them?
Old 10-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #302
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
Fantastic

30,001 people. This car absolutely deserves to get completed. If I was in CA, I'd be there to lend a hand anyway I could, and I know hundreds of others would too.

Were is the Overhaulin A-Team when we need them?
Whadya tryin to do, ruin Nathan's project?
Old 10-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #303
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Whadya tryin to do, ruin Nathan's project?
Haha, they would come in and shave the door handles and mirrors then pinstripe everything and put it on 22's. Done! Plus 250lbs of stereo
Old 10-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #304
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Ugh cliff hangers in movies aren't even as suspenseful as this. I need to see the final project. Neeeed to. Finish it for the team!

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
Old 10-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #305
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
as disappointed as this whole forum is for this car project, can you fathom how Nathan is feeling. I just couldn't imagine. We are here for all your support Nathan, just let this forum know what is needed.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #306
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Thanks for all of the support guys. We are both very disappointed the car won't be at SEMA this year. We are continuing to work on the car, but we have slowed the pace waaaaaaay down. Its even more enjoyable working on the car without all the pressure of needing to get it done so quickly for the show. We can both give a little more time to focusing on school, work, etc to make up for the lost time while crunching for SEMA.

One thing is for sure though, we will see you all in Texas this coming May

Here's a quick update and I'll throw this one in for RJ because I know he likes interior carbon pieces

We had the steering wheel, shift knob and boot, and hand brake completely redone by Ivan at DCT motorsports. They couldn't have come any nicer, I mean really, you almost don't wanna touch them LOL.

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 8755
Size:  135.6 KB

Name:  108.jpg
Views: 8450
Size:  93.5 KB

The wheel has been redone, the bottom chopped, and reshaped with a flat bottom made from carbon fiber, the top redone in carbon as well. The sides were reshaped with more aggressive bolsters, and the airbag cover was wrapped completely in a leather and suede combo.

Name:  111.jpg
Views: 8054
Size:  103.9 KB

Name:  112.jpg
Views: 8041
Size:  64.4 KB

Name:  115.jpg
Views: 8004
Size:  97.3 KB

The shift knob and hand brake were similarly done in carbon as well. the shift boot got a suede treatment to match the airbag cover.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #307
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
Thanks for all of the support guys. We are both very disappointed the car won't be at SEMA this year. We are continuing to work on the car, but we have slowed the pace waaaaaaay down. Its even more enjoyable working on the car without all the pressure of needing to get it done so quickly for the show. We can both give a little more time to focusing on school, work, etc to make up for the lost time while crunching for SEMA.

One thing is for sure though, we will see you all in Texas this coming May

Here's a quick update and I'll throw this one in for RJ because I know he likes interior carbon pieces

We had the steering wheel, shift knob and boot, and hand brake completely redone by Ivan at DCT motorsports. They couldn't have come any nicer, I mean really, you almost don't wanna touch them LOL.

Attachment 570172

Attachment 570173

The wheel has been redone, the bottom chopped, and reshaped with a flat bottom made from carbon fiber, the top redone in carbon as well. The sides were reshaped with more aggressive bolsters, and the airbag cover was wrapped completely in a leather and suede combo.

Attachment 570174

Attachment 570175

Attachment 570176

The shift knob and hand brake were similarly done in carbon as well. the shift boot got a suede treatment to match the airbag cover.
you know me too well Justin. That steering wheel is absolutely gorgeous by the way
Old 10-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #308
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Best steering wheel I have seen

Closed Thread