Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-28-2015, 10:34 AM   #1
rcjohn9085

Drives: 2500hd
Where is the mother fing tpms receiver?

Not the transmitters in the tires, but the receives. I'm getting the tpms issue and all 4 tires are blank,every once and awhile.

Going to have them look at it again, as last week they just reset, and now the lights coming back on.

I have my metra unit and pioneer double din system arriving today, but now I'm debating installing due to them telling me that's the "problem", when I haven't even gotten it yet.

Thanks
rcjohn9085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:23 AM   #2
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
It depends on the year of your Camaro and the options you have. In earlier years, if you don't have remote start, the receiver is under the dash somewhere. For remote start cars, and for all Camaros in later years (2013+?), it is the black box on the windshield beside the rearview mirror. As a matter of a fact, GM actually made a kit to move the receiver to the windshield for the earler cars when they were having TPMS issues.
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 01:28 PM   #3
rcjohn9085

Guess I should of stated year, sorry.
2011 SS, Manual. No remote start.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2015, 01:29 PM   #4
rcjohn9085

dO you have a link for the kit?
Old 07-28-2015, 05:21 PM   #5
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
Post #31 here:http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=335839&page=2
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 12:25 PM   #6
2010 Camaro Kooks

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjohn9085 View Post
Not the transmitters in the tires, but the receives. I'm getting the tpms issue and all 4 tires are blank,every once and awhile.

Going to have them look at it again, as last week they just reset, and now the lights coming back on.

I have my metra unit and pioneer double din system arriving today, but now I'm debating installing due to them telling me that's the "problem", when I haven't even gotten it yet.

Thanks
Sorry if I'm repeating myself in an older thread. I have a 2010 Camaro manual tranny. After updating my Valentine One Gen 2 radar detector, I bean getting TPMS System Malfunction" messages in the cars DIC. Usually the system could not read the RR tire but occasionally, it was both rear. I was mounting the V1 low on the windshield, just above the dash. My working theory is that the Bluetooth in the detector is interfering with the Bluetooth in the TPMS receiver. Going to try mounting in a different location to see if this cures the issue. Kindly let me know if any of you are having what seem to be interference issues between electronic gear and the Camaro's TPMS system. BTW - When I turn off the V1, I am able to relearn the TPMS sensors and do not have any further issues so the connection is definitely some sort of RF interference (I think).
2010 Camaro Kooks is offline   Reply With Quote