Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

Raymonds Perf/Norris Motorsports 2013 1LE Track Video

Hey All,

First of all, for anyone who has a 1LE and is not using it for what it was built for, shame on you :-)

We got our car out for the first track day at Putnam Park and on factory tires & suspension, factory air in the tires and factory alignment. We did add one of my 600HP packages (cam, CAI, headers, UD pulley, VMax TB) but otherwise drove it to the track and back.

Out of approx 100 or so track cars and race cars, the 1LE was easily in the top 10 quickest. The fastest time overall for everyone was a 1:15.9 and our car did a best of 1:17.5

I will attempt to attach the short videos here but you can also view then on our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/IndyHotRods

Get out there and really use these cars guys, if you can drive you will be impressed for sure.

Do we need a track day video sticky????

Mike Norris
Mike Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Do you have CTS-v calipers on the front?
Old 04-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Do you have CTS-v calipers on the front?
Yes
Old 04-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
A brake upgrade is a must. IMO
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
A brake upgrade is a must. IMO
Brake upgrade or complete swap. And is this from experience on a road course or opinion?

I have had good luck adding cooling (brake ducts) and changing lines, fluid and pads on other Brembo equipped cars. If I can get the stock brakes to perform well on the track I will go that route. It not CTSV calipers/rotors will be installed.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 04-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

We just do the front CTS-V calipers & rotors with pads for the proper use as well as good brake fluid. This setup whoa's her down very well from 125+ MPH into turn one at Putnam Park.

Mike Norris
Old 04-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Outstanding, any memory of which type of cars were in the top ten with you?
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #8
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

I do not recall 100%, but race prepped Corvettes, Vipers and two ex-stock cars off the top of my head. Definitely a fast group. I know when I was out there it was a bunch of newer Mustangs and BMW's and I was the fastest in that group.

Mike Norris
Old 04-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #9
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Brake upgrade or complete swap. And is this from experience on a road course or opinion?

I have had good luck adding cooling (brake ducts) and changing lines, fluid and pads on other Brembo equipped cars. If I can get the stock brakes to perform well on the track I will go that route. It not CTSV calipers/rotors will be installed.

Thanks,
Matt
These cars have a weight issue, the more brakes the better. Especially on fast courses. The stock brakes will work well but an upgrade to 6 pistons provides a whole different level of thermal management and stopping power. Plus for the cost of racing brake rotors, track pads, and lines I got a CTSV setup with ZL1 rotors and lines. Totally worth it for track duty if that's your intent for the car.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #10
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Totally worth it for track duty if that's your intent for the car.
Is there any other intent for a 1LE . Mine is not going to be a daily driver.

Thanks, the heaviest car I have every raced (NASA) was 3400lbs with me in it. The Camaro will not be a prepped race car, but I will track it when I instruct. My intent is to end up with the 6 piston set-up, just wasn't sure it was a must out of the box.

To the OP. 17.5 is moving out there. I figure your setup as described would put the car in a TTS or TTA NASA class. The last I knew the TTA track record at Putnam was 1:15.7. Now I have also seen the famed Danny Popp (amazing corvette driver) wheel an autocross prepped C5ZO6 to a 1:12 something. But his times are just ridiculous!

-Matt
Old 04-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #11
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Is there any other intent for a 1LE . Mine is not going to be a daily driver.
I like to think there isn't but the LED installing double sided tape appearance mod people are everywhere so I always caveat my statements.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #12
JJKJ

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Norris View Post
Hey All,

First of all, for anyone who has a 1LE and is not using it for what it was built for, shame on you :-)

We got our car out for the first track day at Putnam Park and on factory tires & suspension, factory air in the tires and factory alignment. We did add one of my 600HP packages (cam, CAI, headers, UD pulley, VMax TB) but otherwise drove it to the track and back.

Out of approx 100 or so track cars and race cars, the 1LE was easily in the top 10 quickest. The fastest time overall for everyone was a 1:15.9 and our car did a best of 1:17.5

I will attempt to attach the short videos here but you can also view then on our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/IndyHotRods

Get out there and really use these cars guys, if you can drive you will be impressed for sure.

Do we need a track day video sticky????

Mike Norris
Hey Mike, started this thread a few weeks ago trying to get some pics/videos together of the 1LE in one spot. Feel free to post your vid link there if interested.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284574
JJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote