Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #15
2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 RJT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
I recently am having a very similar issue. A/C works great while moving. As soon as I stop at a light or stop sign, or just sitting, it starts blowing warmer and warmer air.

What did you find out?
I've had the compressor,condensor and a seal replaced. Problem still kept happening. Right now they are replacing the evaporator core. Problem is its under the dash. Windshield has to come out,dash out as well. To me its just replace this or that and hope it works. Car has been in the dealerships (3 of them) on and off since I bought the car. Six times total now. If it still has problems when I get it back,I'm calling a lawyer.
2011 RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #16
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello TLSTWIN,

Sorry you are also having an issue with your AC. Have you had the opportunity to speak with your dealer regarding this issue? You are welcome to private message me your VIN and current mileage and I will investigate this further for you.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Not yet, I am hoping to go tomorrow. I was just hoping to go in with a possible solution to point them in the right direction. Also, my car is now 4yrs old, but only 23,000 miles. one of the first 3,000 cars made. I am not sure if this is part of the 3/36 or the 5/100, so I didn't want to go in and have to pay for something I might be able to do myself.

I will let you know if I need help from you. Thank you for your offer. I think it is great what you are doing on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 RJT View Post
I've had the compressor,condensor and a seal replaced. Problem still kept happening. Right now they are replacing the evaporator core. Problem is its under the dash. Windshield has to come out,dash out as well. To me its just replace this or that and hope it works. Car has been in the dealerships (3 of them) on and off since I bought the car. Six times total now. If it still has problems when I get it back,I'm calling a lawyer.
Part of your problem might be jumping from dealership to dealership. None of them have heard or seen the same problem.
I understand your frustration, but threats will only shut down any help they are willing to offer. Kill them with kindness, you can be firm, but no reason to be rude. I am not saying you did, just a little helpful advice.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Not yet, I am hoping to go tomorrow. I was just hoping to go in with a possible solution to point them in the right direction. Also, my car is now 4yrs old, but only 23,000 miles. one of the first 3,000 cars made. I am not sure if this is part of the 3/36 or the 5/100, so I didn't want to go in and have to pay for something I might be able to do myself.

I will let you know if I need help from you. Thank you for your offer. I think it is great what you are doing on here.

Part of your problem might be jumping from dealership to dealership. None of them have heard or seen the same problem.
I understand your frustration, but threats will only shut down any help they are willing to offer. Kill them with kindness, you can be firm, but no reason to be rude. I am not saying you did, just a little helpful advice.

TLSTWIN,

It's no problem at all, I am happy to help where possible. I definitely understand you thinking in this situation. What I can do for now to help, is see what warranty you currently are still eligible for. I would need you to private message me you VIN and current mileage. You will then know a bit more of what to expect going to your visit.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #18
JackGas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Still have not solved this problem

Quote:
I recently am having a very similar issue. A/C works great while moving. As soon as I stop at a light or stop sign, or just sitting, it starts blowing warmer and warmer air.

What did you find out?
This problem still exist, I tried changing the A/C/Clutch relay, $16.00 part, but had no change to the condition, I have monitored the Engine coolant temp while driving, and on the hottest of days, it normally stays between 190-198 while moving, when I stop it creeps up to around 204 or so. Like you mentioned, it seems to be more prevalent with stops in traffic. A lot of stop and go in the city causes this to happen. Recently I was in a Four mile back-up at the tunnel on a 99 degree day, air was blowing cold when I hit the back up, but shortly started blowing hot. The jam took over an hour to clear, so sitting in that heat, even though the coolant temp never went over 206, After traffic cleared and I hit normal speeds with moving traffic the cold air never came back over the 25 mile ride home from there. It seems like the lower the amount of time I am stopped or slow moving the lower amount of time it takes for the air conditioning to turn cold again. Like someone said, in another post here, I no longer think it has anything to do with my cooling fans. I am wondering though, is there a function built in to the ECM that will disengage the A/C clutch if it gets too hot? I have not yet monitored the temperature of the engine compartment, but I really think this might have something to do with it. The same day that I sat in the four mile back-up, I parked the car in the garage for a few hours (garage temp in low 90's) after I got home, and then around 8 o'clock had to run out for dinner. When I first got in the car the a/c was still blowing hot. outside temp still in the upper 80's about ten minutes into the drive the A/C came back on blowing Ice Cold. I would really like to get this figured out. It really sucks sweating my but off in a 3 piece suit. Does anyone have the schematics for the A/C circuit so I can look at the logics that control the power provided to the A/C Clutch Relay.

Any help or suggestions anyone has, would be greatly appreciated.

JackGas
JackGas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #19
2011 RJT

Quote:
Well I moved so the last change was needed,unless I drive 300 miles to the dealership and back. This problem has been going on far to long. So far 2 years and counting. Ever since day 2(bought it brand new in 06/11) the AC had problems. First it was no refridgerant,then the condensor,then the compressor. Then a seal. Now the evap core! Right now this dealership has had my car for 8 days. I'm pretty sure it doesn't take that long to change the core.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #20
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Well I moved so the last change was needed,unless I drive 300 miles to the dealership and back. This problem has been going on far to long. So far 2 years and counting. Ever since day 2(bought it brand new in 06/11) the AC had problems. First it was no refridgerant,then the condensor,then the compressor. Then a seal. Now the evap core! Right now this dealership has had my car for 8 days. I'm pretty sure it doesn't take that long to change the core.
ok, makes sense on the move...... the rest suck and makes no sense.

But I must say in GM's defense..... this is a pretty rare occasion when you look at how many cars have been sold. That doesn't make it any easier to swallow, or make it right, I really hope you get it resolved.

My car is 4yrs old as of april, I have had no issues with my car until now. it is a minor issue at this point.

I also have to find the thread about the airbag cracks in the horn and dash now..... the seam in my horn airbag is showing through. my dash is ok, but the horn shows the seam.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #21
2011 RJT

Well,the dealership I bought the car from sold me the car with no refidge in it. They filled it. A week later,hot air again. They had the car for a week. Said they put dye in it,couldn't find a thing. Said 70 degree air is normal for the AC to blow.
After that fiasco,took it to a different dealer. They found the problem in a 1/2 hour. Cracked weld on the condensor. Condensor replaced (took 3 days to get). A month later,warm air again. Took it back,they said compressor bad. Replaced that. (again 3 more down days). No problems due to winter,but last summer towards end of summer,back to warm. Moved and took it to new dealer. Some kind of seal. Replaced. Fine until this spring. Again another seal. Replaced. A month later,warm again. Took it in and after 5 hours,they said evap core.
Told me to bring car in Monday so they can take windshield out and dash and prep for part which was to be there Tuesday. Get a call Thursday,said they ordered wrong part. I said,you should have known that Tuesday. Well they were to overnight the part Thursday. Would be there before 10am Friday. Well,no car yet. Its now Monday. VERY,VERY trying. Feel they aren't being very honest about whats going on. Meanwhile I'm paying for insurance on a rental because the dealership won't.
Bottom line is every car will have problems. I get that. But after 2 yrs,my AC problem still isn't fixed. Not to mention the time to sit a dealership,time without car,etc. I just want the damn thing fixed and correctly,just not on the installment plan.

Quote:
ok, makes sense on the move...... the rest suck and makes no sense.

But I must say in GM's defense..... this is a pretty rare occasion when you look at how many cars have been sold. That doesn't make it any easier to swallow, or make it right, I really hope you get it resolved.

My car is 4yrs old as of april, I have had no issues with my car until now. it is a minor issue at this point.

I also have to find the thread about the airbag cracks in the horn and dash now..... the seam in my horn airbag is showing through. my dash is ok, but the horn shows the seam.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #22
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Well,the dealership I bought the car from sold me the car with no refidge in it. They filled it. A week later,hot air again. They had the car for a week. Said they put dye in it,couldn't find a thing. Said 70 degree air is normal for the AC to blow.
After that fiasco,took it to a different dealer. They found the problem in a 1/2 hour. Cracked weld on the condensor. Condensor replaced (took 3 days to get). A month later,warm air again. Took it back,they said compressor bad. Replaced that. (again 3 more down days). No problems due to winter,but last summer towards end of summer,back to warm. Moved and took it to new dealer. Some kind of seal. Replaced. Fine until this spring. Again another seal. Replaced. A month later,warm again. Took it in and after 5 hours,they said evap core.
Told me to bring car in Monday so they can take windshield out and dash and prep for part which was to be there Tuesday. Get a call Thursday,said they ordered wrong part. I said,you should have known that Tuesday. Well they were to overnight the part Thursday. Would be there before 10am Friday. Well,no car yet. Its now Monday. VERY,VERY trying. Feel they aren't being very honest about whats going on. Meanwhile I'm paying for insurance on a rental because the dealership won't.
Bottom line is every car will have problems. I get that. But after 2 yrs,my AC problem still isn't fixed. Not to mention the time to sit a dealership,time without car,etc. I just want the damn thing fixed and correctly,just not on the installment plan.
Some dealers should never be allowed to sell cars. I am fortunate to deal with a good Dealership. They aren't perfect, but they do try.

I am not sure why dealerships get all worked up about warranty work. It doesn't cost them any money. GM pays for it. Now if the dealership screws it up, then they are on the hook.

I never could understand why most dealerships get all defensive on warranty issues.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #23
TLSTWIN

Well, they said mine was real low on refrigerant. they also put die in so we could see if it was leaking anywhere. so far so good.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #24
2011 RJT

Same as mine on two different occasions. Coolant must be going somewhere. Hope they find it. Also,I'm supposed to pick up my car today after 9 days. They are waiting for the new glass to come and be installed since they broke the original glass.

Quote:
Well, they said mine was real low on refrigerant. they also put die in so we could see if it was leaking anywhere. so far so good.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #25
2011 RJT

Well,went by there to see what was up with my car. They said it has to sit overnight for the windshield to set up properly.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #26
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Same as mine on two different occasions. Coolant must be going somewhere. Hope they find it.
That was the first question I asked them. Is there a leak? That is why they put the die in, to check.

Quote:
Well,went by there to see what was up with my car. They said it has to sit overnight for the windshield to set up properly.
DOH
Old 07-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #27
2011 RJT

I can't win! went to pick up car @8am. Got there,no inspection. Waited for 2 hours so they could free up a tech. Get in car,red light on onstar is flashing. Wait another hour. Antenna not properly plugged in!. Get home to clean the filthy windows,smal hole in headliner where it meets side pillar(I think its called A pillar)! both A pillar covers are all marred up!!!! Never taking my car back there. Have a call into GM customer care now.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #28
2011 RJT

here's the damage.... First 2 are pillar and small hole in liner. You can see the smooth places i the pillar which are textured. Looks like he used something metal. The oth 2 are the tail light. They said they had to change a bulb. I guess they tried from the from and acratched the top part of the bezel and the tint itself. The last is the plastic piece on top of the tailight,the part you see when you open the trunk.
Attached Images

Tags
2010, a/c, air conditioning, clutch relay