Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #29
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Alban View Post
I'm always looking for crap on eBay. If you need to extend wires, eBay has wires for RGB LEDs real cheap. So you don't have to buy a bunch of different colored wire to extend each color.

3 feet is about $2
Excellent!! Thanks a ton. I'll have to look into getting these. That's really cheap too. I appreciate it.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #30
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Excellent!! Thanks a ton. I'll have to look into getting these. That's really cheap too. I appreciate it.
That pretty cool. I extended mine 8 feet and that was plenty.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #31
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Thanks man. That's good to know for sure.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #32
Unfkwthabl

Drives: 2011 V6 Synergy Green Camaro
So just to clarify there was no need to make the stock bulb hole bigger..The projector just fit right in without any cutting. If this is true im ordering mine right now.
Unfkwthabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #33
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfkwthabl View Post
So just to clarify there was no need to make the stock bulb hole bigger..The projector just fit right in without any cutting. If this is true im ordering mine right now.
If you order the Morimoto Mini H1 you will not have to increase the whole size. They are designed for this.

Call TheRetrofitSource.com and talk with them. They can explain it all as well. Plus there is a few threads on here with videos showing the install process. Do a search on Retrofit and/or Morimoto and you should find them.

EDIT: here you go
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=morimoto
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #34
rchrdp305

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
sweet very informative thread thank you very much =]. My Hid lights just came in yesterday, waiting for my color shifting halo rings to come thru. Big problem I have is to find a shop to install them all here in southwest florida =x. lets see how that goes.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #35
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
@ Austin
Awesome work man , my original plan was to also do a retrofit. I found a good deal on some rs headlights and couldn't pass the deal. Yours look basd@ass tho
puertoricanfont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #36
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrdp305 View Post
sweet very informative thread thank you very much =]. My Hid lights just came in yesterday, waiting for my color shifting halo rings to come thru. Big problem I have is to find a shop to install them all here in southwest florida =x. lets see how that goes.
No problem man

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanfont View Post
@ Austin
Awesome work man , my original plan was to also do a retrofit. I found a good deal on some rs headlights and couldn't pass the deal. Yours look basd@ass tho
thank you
Old 02-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #37
puertoricanfont

i feel that every time you mod I'm always a step behind you lol. For example you do a retrofit and i recently bought rs headlights. You installed your spoiler, i just bought mine. You should let some of us catch up lol. You making us ls owners look bad lol
Old 02-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #38
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Quote:
i feel that every time you mod I'm always a step behind you lol. For example you do a retrofit and i recently bought rs headlights. You installed your spoiler, i just bought mine. You should let some of us catch up lol. You making us ls owners look bad lol
hahaha thats too funny. Well speaking of new mods.... My 22' rims will be in monday, then im taking them to a paint shop for a few days to paint the lips synergy and the spokes black, so im pretty excited for that
Old 02-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #39
cyberLS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey LS
what hid kit did you buy from ddm the only one i see is for 40 not 100 also you got the h13 right? i might be thinking of doing this soon.
cyberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #40
puertoricanfont

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
hahaha thats too funny. Well speaking of new mods.... My 22' rims will be in monday, then im taking them to a paint shop for a few days to paint the lips synergy and the spokes black, so im pretty excited for that
Def post pics . For some reason i only like the stock rims on the camaro. Everything else looks like it doesn't belong. Hopefully one day i can get some wheels that i think will look good but wont cost me a kidney lol
Old 02-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #41
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Quote:
Def post pics . For some reason i only like the stock rims on the camaro. Everything else looks like it doesn't belong. Hopefully one day i can get some wheels that i think will look good but wont cost me a kidney lol
I'll post up pics for sure. I agree wih u tho many rims look way outta place that's why it took me so long to decide on them
Old 02-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #42
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberLS View Post
what hid kit did you buy from ddm the only one i see is for 40 not 100 also you got the h13 right? i might be thinking of doing this soon.
I meant to ask that too. I've purchased kits from DDM a few times for different vehicles but never spent that much.
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote