Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-18-2017, 12:44 PM   #29
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
$430 later, Picked up car from dealership yesterday. They said shorted wire to injector 3 was discovered at the rear right of the engine. They splice the broken wire and put conduit around that area of the harness to prevent future damage. I asked why cylinder 6 was misfiring too, the tech told me 3 and 6 are linked but not all the cylinders are linked its just the 3 & 6 are. Hmmm. I did read on another camaro fourm that repair of a wire to 3 resolved a 3 & 6 misfire code too. Anyway, she's running like a champ again. Woo hoo! Thanks for all the interest and help.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:20 PM   #30
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Woo hoo indeed! Now drive it like you stole it!

And oh yeah, re-install that Ice-o-lator! I dare ya.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:10 PM   #31
bandier
Got mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Woo hoo indeed! Now drive it like you stole it!

And oh yeah, re-install that Ice-o-lator! I dare ya.
Well... I kept in the ice-o-lator! Wiring was the issue, so why not! She's running like a champ and went through a short run of quick S-turns to commemorate the occasion. Had me some fun! I've even had 3 compliments on her in the last 2 days. People just looking at her can tell she's feeling better.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:58 PM   #32
Ventmaster

I completely agree!
My V6 ran strongest with Solo Hi-Flo cats, Ice-o-lator, 3.73gears (manual trans car-it was worth it but pricey), Airaid CAI, and that cold air scoop that requires moving the windshield washer bottle.

And I know you're already lowered, but I strongly recommend a set of aftermarket sway bars. Just a FE-3 set that will bolt right up and is an easy install. Makes a big difference in handling and traction.

Have fun!
Old 08-23-2017, 02:44 PM   #33
Ventmaster

One last thing, if handling is important to you. The 2010's were much too loose in the rear subframe bushings. Chevy basically admitted it by greatly reducing the voids in the bushings by mid-2011.

A set of bushing inserts can be acquired from BMR (best bang for your buck in suspension upgrades in general and the very best for "how-to" installation instructs!) to fill in the rear subframe bushings that will tighten things up very nicely. You'll be glad you did!
Old 08-28-2017, 01:18 PM   #34
bandier
Got mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
I completely agree!
My V6 ran strongest with Solo Hi-Flo cats, Ice-o-lator, 3.73gears (manual trans car-it was worth it but pricey), Airaid CAI, and that cold air scoop that requires moving the windshield washer bottle.

And I know you're already lowered, but I strongly recommend a set of aftermarket sway bars. Just a FE-3 set that will bolt right up and is an easy install. Makes a big difference in handling and traction.

Have fun!
One last thing, if handling is important to you. The 2010's were much too loose in the rear subframe bushings. Chevy basically admitted it by greatly reducing the voids in the bushings by mid-2011.

A set of bushing inserts can be acquired from BMR (best bang for your buck in suspension upgrades in general and the very best for "how-to" installation instructs!) to fill in the rear subframe bushings that will tighten things up very nicely. You'll be glad you did!
Thanks Ventmaster... Swaybars have been on my To-Do List for sometime now. I'll check into the FE-3s and the sub-frame bushings. You just put that next on my list. I appreciate the support. Ok, call me a knucklehead... I'm looking at BMR's website and I'm not sure which bushing kit you are referring to, can you provide additional info?

Last edited by bandier; 08-28-2017 at 01:23 PM. Reason: added to it.
bandier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:11 PM   #35
Ventmaster

No problem- they have a staggering variety. This is the one I was referring to-
https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=...452&superpro=0

Also this set of BMR swaybars will do eveything you need in that dept.
https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=...472&superpro=0

I was a little surprised at the price, although BMR is traditionally your best bang for the buck with great quality. There may be better pricing at other retail outlets or you could find a smokin' deal in our owner classifieds here on C5. Be sure to check it out before you buy!