Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #141
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro104 View Post
How was it that we can go about getting a new HVAC screen????? should we call or send them an email?????
Yes email them and cc their ceo.then George barrios will reply
Old 01-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #142
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarograna2 View Post

With all due respect this is BS

I had my system professionally installed and I just received my HVAC touch screen that scosche is replacing to try to fix the TMPS issues. I didn’t want to pay the shop hours to have this replaced but I should have.
As far as your other instructions I would add some more input. The 4 gauge cluster and the Scosche kit fit really really really ( and I repeat) really tight in there so I recommend you remove your shifter (in my case automatic shifter knob). This is really important for the removal and putting back the center console. Put the gear in M and take it off.

To remove the scosche kit angle the kit out and push as far down as possible. When you pull out you are making it go over your double din and push the top down so it can be towards the top of your double din. Be very careful to not scratch your Double din! Once you’ve done this you can put your hands under the kit and push as hard as you can up. This will make it go over the trim plate as quick as possible.

Putting the center console back in was the worst part of this process. I scratched my shifter bezel horribly… luckily I don’t give a D*** because im going to convert it to a leather cover instead of that plastic piece hopefully by next week just waiting for parts to arrive. 15 scratches later I finally decided to remove the shifter knob. Even with the knob off I had a difficult time setting the console but it became much easier. Once you have the center console past the light and traction control piece you need to grab that center console from the very back and pull up and in as hard as you can. Keep lifting it up even if its squeezing your fingers, just move your fingers a bit more back and lift and push up again. Your basically pushing the 4 gauge piece up against the scosche kit and pushing it up. Without pulling up an d pushing in the center console will NOT go into its place.

That’s my additional advice to those of you who will be replacing the HVAC soon. Just save your self the headache and have your audio shop do them. Don’t waste 2 hrs of your time.. its not worth the time or the possible scratches.

To those who say… but you have the pleasure of doing It yourself.. BS I don’t feel good at all. My 2 cents

I don't really understand what you claim was "BS" about my post? It took me all of 5 minutes to pull/reinstall the unit while addressing my sticking button issue... yes; its a significantly tighter fit than stock, but its a bigger unit, and in taking the extra few seconds to observe the pinch points while re-installing, I had no issues. Mind you, I did mention the cheap plastic welds broke; but that was a simple fix, and probably stronger now than factory. Doesn't make it right; but not the end of the world. If you thought the Scosche was a pain, be VERY glad you didn't do the actual head unit! I found that significantly more difficult to install.

I cant vouch for an auto tran; Although removing the shifter seems kinda common sense. As my photos and description show; I have an LS3 manual. My shift plate removes around the shift knob.

Mines been on/off 3 times; no scratches in the custom paint. Worked well for me. Each their own I guess.

Anyone need any specific pictures or questions, PM me. I gotta pull it again eventually to do the "hard" firmware update one of these days.

BTW-

As for common issues (I DID run a separate ground):
Drastically reduced lock/unlock/trunk release range.
Occasional (15%) "ghost chime"... door ding when doors closed, seatbelts latched. Remove/reinsert key clears.
NO (knock on wood) TPMS errors
Don't have remote start...

@Camaeograna2- your not far from me; if I read your location right; id be glad to help if you have other issues vs paying a rediculous shop fee
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #143
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

My bad on the location...

You ARE far from me....
Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #144
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
I don't really understand what you claim was "BS" about my post?
The it was easy part.. Lol

It was allot of shoving to have to fit the parts. This being my first time removing/adding it was a 2 hr job. Now I know where to push and shove so I'm sure it will take me shorter time but as a newbee it's not easy.

With my additional suggestions to ur dyi hopefully other newbees won't run into the same issues as me.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #145
2012 2SS
I wanna go fast "mama"

Drives: 2012 2 SS Camaro Black
Send a message via Yahoo to 2012 2SS Send a message via Skype™ to 2012 2SS
Ok today I will take my car to my installer and get the scosche kit replaced and I will let you know how it turns out.

I cant see why anyone would own a Camaro V6... Go BIG or go HOME!!!
2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #146
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarograna2 View Post
The it was easy part.. Lol

It was allot of shoving to have to fit the parts. This being my first time removing/adding it was a 2 hr job. Now I know where to push and shove so I'm sure it will take me shorter time but as a newbee it's not easy.

With my additional suggestions to ur dyi hopefully other newbees won't run into the same issues as me.
Yeah; definitely a tight fit... but i have the added luxury of a convertible; so I get a lot more light in there to work with... I was able to see where it was catching and adjust accordingly. I anticipated some resistance after watching the YouTube video review the guy did after installing the Pioneer Avic and Scosche. Fitting the head unit over that enormous wiring harness was a lot.worse for me
Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #147
2012 2SS
I wanna go fast "mama"

OK I haven't posted for a while just to make sure the new Scosche kit fixed all the previous problems and behold it DID!!!! The update was already installed in the new kit so I just had to plug and play so to speak. No TPMS light, key-fob range is like it was before the kit install in the first place and the battery is staying charged I am really happy that Scosche sent me a new kit no questions asked and I didn't even have to send back the other one. If you are still having trouble I would recommend contacting Scosche directly via email and request a new kit.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #148
erftbll81

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 2SS View Post
OK I haven't posted for a while just to make sure the new Scosche kit fixed all the previous problems and behold it DID!!!! The update was already installed in the new kit so I just had to plug and play so to speak. No TPMS light, key-fob range is like it was before the kit install in the first place and the battery is staying charged I am really happy that Scosche sent me a new kit no questions asked and I didn't even have to send back the other one. If you are still having trouble I would recommend contacting Scosche directly via email and request a new kit.

What can I do if i have the Alpine kit?
erftbll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #149
2012 2SS
I wanna go fast "mama"

Contact Alpine and request a new kit.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #150
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
So fin the market should I just walk away lol.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #151
erftbll81

Quote:
Contact Alpine and request a new kit.
I cant find the serial number for mine on the box nor the actual kit itself, im sure they'll ask for it, what can i do?
Old 02-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #152
2012 2SS
I wanna go fast "mama"

Where did you buy your kit from? If all else fails just tell them that the kits in your car and you dont know what the s/n is. I didn't have to give any information when I wrote them an email about the issues I was having.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #153
erftbll81

Quote:
Where did you buy your kit from? If all else fails just tell them that the kits in your car and you dont know what the s/n is. I didn't have to give any information when I wrote them an email about the issues I was having.
I got it from http://creativecaraudio.net/c/alpine. I guess ill try to get in contact with them (alpine). Thank You.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #154
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
Now I'm thinking I may not get this ... Lol