Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-19-2009, 01:59 AM   #15
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentry78 View Post
why do so many people think there will be everything in the trunk, that makes no since all that means is extra wires and components, that will cost more that GM ain't gonna spend and be a waste for the majority of the public that will new touch the system. i'm pretty positive were going behind the dash for the signal if its even there, if not its real easy to to hook up a line level converter, or use the high level inputs with low pass filter on the amp but not recommended
It's because of the dealer installed sub GM has planned, it makes sense that they would run a few wires back there at the factory to keep the dealer installs easy and trouble free. Installing extra speaker/power wiring can be much more efficient in man-hours when it's part of the factory assembly even if a relatively low percentage of buyers opt for the sub. Wire isn't terribly expensive and it's easy enough to offset the cost of a lot wires with what they'll be charging for the 'GM' subwoofer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Someone who own a camaro, please let us know about the standard sound and BA upgrade in all models...
Seems a bit off-topic for this thread, there are already a few other threads discussing/comparing the standard and BA speakers though.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:02 AM   #16
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal View Post
It's because of the dealer installed sub GM has planned, it makes sense that they would run a few wires back there at the factory to keep the dealer installs easy and trouble free. Installing extra speaker/power wiring can be much more efficient in man-hours when it's part of the factory assembly even if a relatively low percentage of buyers opt for the sub. Wire isn't terribly expensive and it's easy enough to offset the cost of a lot wires with what they'll be charging for the 'GM' subwoofer.
However can someone acknowledge this or deny this who has a Camaro? I can't believe this info is still something nobody seems to know about still.. Furthermore wether or not ordering the BA upgrade matters or not...
Old 05-19-2009, 02:12 AM   #17
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
However can someone acknowledge this or deny this who has a Camaro? I can't believe this info is still something nobody seems to know about still.. Furthermore wether or not ordering the BA upgrade matters or not...
Most people aren't going to be in a hurry to fiddle around figuring out where any such wiring is or isn't until GM gets the sub upgrade for sale since it's install directions should make it clear what we have to work with. Mcernik is the only one anywhere that's really looked much at all so far (at least that I've seen post about it anywhere). I do understand your standard vs BA stereo question a bit better now but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on any solid answers. The subwoofer isn't supposed to require the BA system though and I doubt GM would want to have two seperate install procedures but that's just logical speculation which may or may not correspond to GM's logic.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:26 AM   #18
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
There's a similar thread where an owner could not find an open "harness" in the trunk. But noted that there was what looked like a factory stereo amp and a small fuse box on different sides of the trunk. If it is in fact the factory stereo amp, then it would be very easy for GM to make a harness that splits the appropriate signals off for use with the MTX sub upgrade.

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:07 AM   #19
Rob916

Drives: Non GM products. hehe
I just installed an Arc Audio KS 500.1 amplifier and Arc audio 12" sub in a dual aeroport box today and I will say that it was very easy to work with. The Boston Acoustics amplifier was in the trunk behind the panel to the left hand side behind the left tail light. The BA setup has a full range output for the front speakers and bi-amplified outputs for the rear 6x9's (separate high and low frequency speaker outputs). I tagged a Peripheral LOC to the low frequency outputs. You can tag the factory amp turn on for the remote wire, it is a white wire on the very end plug. Overall it was very installer friendly as the battery was also in the trunk. Next week the vehicle is coming back and I am removing the Peripheral LOC and installing an Arc Audio summing LOC, installing a 4 channel Arc amplifier to go along with the KS 500.1 and changing out the front components and rear 6x9's.
Rob916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:24 AM   #20
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob916 View Post
I just installed an Arc Audio KS 500.1 amplifier and Arc audio 12" sub in a dual aeroport box today and I will say that it was very easy to work with. The Boston Acoustics amplifier was in the trunk behind the panel to the left hand side behind the left tail light. The BA setup has a full range output for the front speakers and bi-amplified outputs for the rear 6x9's (separate high and low frequency speaker outputs). I tagged a Peripheral LOC to the low frequency outputs. You can tag the factory amp turn on for the remote wire, it is a white wire on the very end plug. Overall it was very installer friendly as the battery was also in the trunk. Next week the vehicle is coming back and I am removing the Peripheral LOC and installing an Arc Audio summing LOC, installing a 4 channel Arc amplifier to go along with the KS 500.1 and changing out the front components and rear 6x9's.

Can you give us an idea of cost? Great post by the way!!
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:14 PM   #21
MTron

Drives: 99 Grand Prix
pics!!????
MTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #22
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob916 View Post
ummmm, what....
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #23
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Yea speak engrish.

We need someone with access to the online service manual to check the wire diagrams and ports. Might have to add a crossover to it.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #24
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
i lost you after "i just installed"
Old 05-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #25
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
PLEASE don't turn this beautiful car into another rolling speaker. The ricers do that enough. DON'T rice up the Camaro!
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:59 PM   #26
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
PLEASE don't turn this beautiful car into another rolling speaker. The ricers do that enough. DON'T rice up the Camaro!
it's not rice when it sounds good, but when all you hear is bass and only distorted mids and highs when the bass cuts out that's rice
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:43 PM   #27
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:51 PM   #28
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
Dude, seriously... dont post on this thread hating on guys who want to add a subwoofer to the sound system.

Im sorry, while I understand that it would be painful to your eyes and ears to hear and see a camaro rolling down the road and hearing it pound 2 miles before you actually see it. But some people just want to COMPLETE the sound system in their car by adding a subwoofer. That doesnt meant we're turning the entire trunk into a huge subwoofer and amp setup lit up by neons.

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote