Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 09-20-2017, 07:33 PM   #15
Mach83

Drives: 2015 2SS RS 1LE
http://www.lapponline.com

I PM'ed JDP about their kit weeks ago, never heard back.

I just finished stage 1 of my duct install. I brought air from the lower grill to the wheel wells with 3" ducts mated to All Star NACA inlets. They terminate on the front side of wheel well liner with Spectre 8148s obtained locally.

I mounted 6th gen track deflectors to my LCAs and installed track shields from the same kit. I got this stuff along with new TTY caliper bolts here:

Here's stage 1 completed

Stage 2 will be continuing the 3 inch duct to the quantum kit. I did this install on the LF first, and did a test to see if temps on the non-ducted RF were higher and they were.

I also cut the air deflector to allow the wheel liner ramps to functionally bring air as intended to the back of wheels.

I tape off the duct terminations when on the street, but I leave the shields and deflectors installed. She's a fair weather, nice roads only kinda car. I'm not paying the TTY tax every time I return from the track.

Although you can just zip tie these deflectors to the LCA with no mods - you will experience rubbing. I spent a lot of time modifying the deflectors and finding the best mounting config for the wheel speed sensor to get to this point. The white tape is there to check for rubbing on frame rail when suspension compresses.

Yes - the complete deflector kit was only $15 and that included both shields and both deflectors! Each side required about 15-16" of duct. I shouldn't have used the double walled neoprene stuff as it's too rigid and this run doesn't require heat resistance. Because of this - I had to remove my washer reservoir for ease of install.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mach83; 09-20-2017 at 07:44 PM.
Mach83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:31 PM   #16
Notilloc

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach83 View Post
http://www.lapponline.com

I PM'ed JDP about their kit weeks ago, never heard back.

I just finished stage 1 of my duct install. I brought air from the lower grill to the wheel wells with 3" ducts mated to All Star NACA inlets. They terminate on the front side of wheel well liner with Spectre 8148s obtained locally.

I mounted 6th gen track deflectors to my LCAs and installed track shields from the same kit. I got this stuff along with new TTY caliper bolts here:

Here's stage 1 completed

Stage 2 will be continuing the 3 inch duct to the quantum kit. I did this install on the LF first, and did a test to see if temps on the non-ducted RF were higher and they were.

I also cut the air deflector to allow the wheel liner ramps to functionally bring air as intended to the back of wheels.

I tape off the duct terminations when on the street, but I leave the shields and deflectors installed. She's a fair weather, nice roads only kinda car. I'm not paying the TTY tax every time I return from the track.

Although you can just zip tie these deflectors to the LCA with no mods - you will experience rubbing. I spent a lot of time modifying the deflectors and finding the best mounting config for the wheel speed sensor to get to this point. The white tape is there to check for rubbing on frame rail when suspension compresses.

Yes - the complete deflector kit was only $15 and that included both shields and both deflectors! Each side required about 15-16" of duct. I shouldn't have used the double walled neoprene stuff as it's too rigid and this run doesn't require heat resistance. Because of this - I had to remove my washer reservoir for ease of install.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I just noticed this response. Thank you!
Notilloc is offline   Reply With Quote