Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-20-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Stopped by the dealer today

Stopped by a very small dealership today. Spoke with the owner. He said he was allocated one Camaro and it was still available. I asked if he would take a supplier discount and he said no. I said, "so no deduction from MSRP". He said, "I didn't say that." We talked for a bit. He said he didn't have prices yet. I informed him they were available. Basically, I told him the car I was interested in would sticker just a little over 35k. He punched in some #'s on his calculator and said he would do $1k off sticker. I told him I would get back with him. I went home to look at the prices again and called him back to talk some more. He informed me that he found the prices and there wasn't enough mark up in them. He said he decided he would not do the 1k off sticker. I left the dealer feeling pretty good about the place. Then I call back and he tells me this. Since he went back on his word, I will not buy a vehicle from him. Sucks, because it's a small place in a small town and I would love to help them out. Very dissapointing when something like this happens. Even if I hadn't bought from him right away, I would have been back when I was ready.
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Go back to negotiate for that $1k off the sticker. This car won't make or break the dealership. If he wants to stay stubborn, let him know that you regret putting down a refundable deposit elsewhere. Let him think that you already did it but you'd rather buy from him.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Or make a deal that you will pay MSRP for the car but invoice for the options.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
yotaman96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Or make a deal that you will pay MSRP for the car but invoice for the options.
Only option would be the RS package. Maybe some stripes.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:00 PM   #5
yotaman96

Found a dealer that said they would honor the GM supplier discount. I drove an hour to go place my order. I get there and they changed their mind. Wow, now two dealers have went back on their word. They wonder why people don't like dealing with them.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:52 PM   #6
fastfret7

Drives: 2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP
I'm really getting sick of these dealers....There is no need for them!!!

In my garage:
2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP in Infa-red 1 of 101
1970 EL Camino 454 SS w/ 4 speed muncie Red w/ Blk stripes
2010 2SS/RS Camaro w/hurst 6 spd in black on black w/red rally stripes

fastfret7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:10 PM   #7
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
To quote the great orator Dragoneye, "they are dookie heads."
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:19 PM   #8
yotaman96

Just got back from another dealer. Ordered the car, but they won't be able to put it in the system until tomorrow. They are accepting the supplier discount.

Jim Reed Chevrolet
1512 Broadway
Nashville, TN 37203
615-329-2929
http://www.yourjimreedchevy.com/HomePage

Contact was Veronica Senica. She wasn't the most knowledgeable, but the manager is the one that puts the info in the system.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #9
Mr. T

Drives: Blue 2010 Camero SS
The dealers are only making $850.00 and that inludes dealer hold back. GM is realy screwing the dealers.
Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #10
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
There was only 820.00 for the dealer in my deal.
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #11
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
The dealers are only making $850.00 and that inludes dealer hold back. GM is realy screwing the dealers.
We have the numbers on the site. Dealers make more then that on the cars that are being ordered by us. They also get interest credits when they sell it right away. A loaded up 2SS can make a dealer 3'.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #12
dstairs
Farewell Thor

Drives: 95 Caddy Deville Concours
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
We have the numbers on the site. Dealers make more then that on the cars that are being ordered by us. They also get interest credits when they sell it right away. A loaded up 2SS can make a dealer 3'.
That is really stretching it saying the Dealer makes 3k on a loaded up 2SS. You would have to not pay your advertising, and include the holdback. Oh and not pay the sales Manager or the Salesperson, or the Tech or the service manager, or detail person, the office staff that does the title work and so on and so on. Hold back pays for the lights and salary of non commissioned sales people. The gross of slightly more than 1200 on a fully loaded SS2 pays the commisions of the sales team, you can make more profit on a $10k Used Cobalt than on a $40K SS2 Camaro. Dealers are not making huge profits selling at MSRP, I am sorry that is just so silly to make such a statement.

When someone told me that the dealer took a $1000 off of a $35,000 car, I am wondering how or why he would even stay in business. At least with GM Supplier or Employee Pricing the dealer will be reimbursed the discount and break even on the deal. Which brings me to the next point, why in the world would anyone think is a sound business practice to "break even" on a 35K car? Profit is not a bad thing, I am sure no one in this forum would work if at the end of the day their expenses were equal to their paycheck, right?
dstairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #13
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstairs View Post
That is really stretching it saying the Dealer makes 3k on a loaded up 2SS. You would have to not pay your advertising, and include the holdback. Oh and not pay the sales Manager or the Salesperson, or the Tech or the service manager, or detail person, the office staff that does the title work and so on and so on. Hold back pays for the lights and salary of non commissioned sales people. The gross of slightly more than 1200 on a fully loaded SS2 pays the commisions of the sales team, you can make more profit on a $10k Used Cobalt than on a $40K SS2 Camaro. Dealers are not making huge profits selling at MSRP, I am sorry that is just so silly to make such a statement.

When someone told me that the dealer took a $1000 off of a $35,000 car, I am wondering how or why he would even stay in business. At least with GM Supplier or Employee Pricing the dealer will be reimbursed the discount and break even on the deal. Which brings me to the next point, why in the world would anyone think is a sound business practice to "break even" on a 35K car? Profit is not a bad thing, I am sure no one in this forum would work if at the end of the day their expenses were equal to their paycheck, right?

Well if selling Camaros is so money losing, your dealership should pass on them and start loading up the yard with used Cobalts. I'm sure GM will have no problem getting rid of your allocation.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #14
hb-rocks

Drives: Chevy
Thought we had dealers advertising here on the site they sell for MSRP or below and you can purchase through them and have the car drop-shipped to your local dealer for about $250?
hb-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote