Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
thetournykid

Drives: 03 mustang, Upgrading!!
Can anyone help me figure out the price range of these Add on things

So I'm new here however the few post i have done, the community has been AWESOME, so thanks for that.

Anyway, i'm going to be buying my camaro 2SS in a couple months, and i'm really wanting to just go all out on it, however like everyone, i have a budget, so..

I'm looking to spend between 15-18k and looking to get these things, ( i'm going to rank them in importance to me )

1) A very specific paint which i believe im going to have to go to a special guy for, but i want the color combo of, a black camaro, with a imperial blue hood stripe/ hockey stripes on the side. ( what's the price of a normalish paint job for the stripes )

2) I'm sorry for being so clueless but i dont know what there called, I want Rim's that are "deep" and i want the "deep part that goes into the rims" to be black and the rim's themselves blue, I know this will depend on the size / model, but what do normal camaro's have, because i've been very confused that the site offers a package for 4k, for black rims, and yet i see sites that sell them for $200 per, is it the size / quality? ect.. Any recomendations? Anything would be great.

3) A cold air intake system, whats the best ones out there?

4 ) A Badass sound system, ( i dont want like the absolute richest system, but a VERY good system, and some subs for the trunk ) Again what types do you guys have/ what are the best out there, and again whats the price?

5) Halo blue lights, What does this cost to install? i believe there like $150 or somthing but correct me if i'm wrong

6) Now i was looking around at some interiors, and people seem to be able to order some panals like the door panal/ airbag ect, and i'd LOVE to get that in blue obv. So if anyone knows the price/where i could purchase such things, let me know

7) If i havent ate up my budget yet, and will have enough i want to get a twin turbo set up, I've looked at them and they seem to be like 8k, ( however what would a normal good mechanic charge to install them )

So that is what i want to do with my car, I'm pretty sure this will total over 18k, but maybe not, also if you could name individual prices and ANYTHINGGGG at all that may be beniefical please dont hesitate to post it.

What does most of this stuff cost to have done in itself?

If this is the wrong fourm please move it. thank you

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ANSWER!

( ps sorry for being totally clueless about cars/camaros but im learning )
thetournykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
I'll answer what I know. Others will have to chime in for the rest.

1) A good quality stripe job costs between $1,000-$1,500 depending on your area.

2) Send a PM to Nine Ball. He's a vendor here on the site and could answer this question more in depth then anybody else here.

3) A good cai will cost $300-$400. CAI (Cold Air Inductions) is the most common it seems around here and it costs $400.

5) Blue halo's are illegal for road use federally as they are reserved for emergence vehicles and they can and will get you in DEEP trouble if you have them on will moving. The purchase price and install is just a couple hundred dollars but they can cost you thousands or even your new car if you are caught with them while driving.

6) Go to ***********.com. That site is owned by Indpowr (who is also a vendor on this site), they do everything interior wise. A pair of door panels cost $2k but be warned, modding the interior is very addictive and you will easily spend your budget on the interior alone.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #3
thetournykid

Drives: 03 mustang, Upgrading!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
I'll answer what I know. Others will have to chime in for the rest.

1) A good quality stripe job costs between $1,000-$1,500 depending on your area.

2) Send a PM to Nine Ball. He's a vendor here on the site and could answer this question more in depth then anybody else here.

3) A good cai will cost $300-$400. CAI (Cold Air Inductions) is the most common it seems around here and it costs $400.

5) Blue halo's are illegal for road use federally as they are reserved for emergence vehicles and they can and will get you in DEEP trouble if you have them on will moving. The purchase price and install is just a couple hundred dollars but they can cost you thousands or even your new car if you are caught with them while driving.

6) Go to ***********.com. That site is owned by Indpowr (who is also a vendor on this site), they do everything interior wise. A pair of door panels cost $2k but be warned, modding the interior is very addictive and you will easily spend your budget on the interior alone.

Ok thank you very much for your input, I'll check some of that out,

also FYI, yes i realize there illegal, however i just want them to show off when im not driving
thetournykid is offline   Reply With Quote