Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
Msthomp

Drives: CGM 2010 SS on order
Question is it just my car? phone won't connect, but music will

Hello fellow Camaro Owners,

I own a 2010 Camaro SS and when I first got it, one of the first things I did was to pair my phone with it for hands-free calling. It worked great, but my phone was crappy and after a while, I noticed that my bluetooth icon on my phone would have arrows next to it like it was sending or receiving files and I wasn't doing anything to it and my battery was dying quickly. I decided to turn off the bluetooth and then turned it back on a while later. Well, it would never connect to my car again. I tried removing the device from my car and removing the car from my phone's trusted devices and starting over and it didn't work. I assumed it was because my phone was a piece of crap.

Today I finally bit the bullet and bought a shiny new iPone 4s. I was excited to be able to use hands free again, but lo and behold, it still won't connect. I go to the iPhone's bluetooth screen and it just says "searching" forever and will never find the car. When I go to the car's "pair a phone" choice and hit enter, nothing happens. I tried pairing with the PDIM for bluetooth music and that worked perfectly.

So, I don't know what's going on. Any suggestions?

"I'm a boy who appreciates a good body, regardless of the make."

Msthomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Do what I just did, call Apple, it is an IOS-5 thing, not a Chevy thing. The tech at Apple Care walked me through the whole thing, and now my phone works like a charm, both USB as well as bluetooth. Good luck.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
just to make sure you know.
There are two bluetooth chips in the car and you have to pair your phone to both to use handsfree and stream audio.
The setup for each are in separate menus.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
acamellis
IAMACE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black A6
Send a message via AIM to acamellis
I have the same problem but it started before ios5 came out. Taking it to the dealer day after tomorrow
acamellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Let me know how things go for the both of you (Msthomp and acamellis). I'd like to make sure that both of you have your issues resolved. I hope this is a simple fix for the both of you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote