Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
Skeetss

Drives: 2011 Corvette Grand Sport M6
Brand new car, hit!?

Okay well this was like a week ago but I still need to vent. Every time I think about it it makes me so mad!

So I'm 16 and my dad recently bought me my first car, which happens to now be my baby. Its a 2011 2SS in RJT and I love it, even though I have to drive with him in the passenger seat for a month until I get my liscense.

Well on to the story, I parked it in my culdesac in front of my house because we were cleaning out the garage to fit my car in there and I didn't want any of the boxes to scratch my new baby. It took us longer than expected so I just left the car there thinking it was safe, as there's a sh*t ton of room so I didn't think it'd be in danger. I went to school at 6:45 AM and thought nothing of it. When I came back, I ran inside to grab my iPod and keys to mess with the radio and as I'm walking up to the driver-side door, I notice it.

There on the driver-side quarter panel was a huge scrape. SH*T

The car was four days old. A Fedex truck hit it and drove away. My neighbor recieved a package and saw that the truck got really close to my car when backing out. We called the police and an officer came and did a police report (who was just as mad as me because he was a fellow American Muscle car owner, Challenger though)

We took it to the Body Shop and got an estimate whichended up not being that bad at around $500 plus labor and paint. So while it sucks that we had to fix it, it came out to be positive because we met some awesome people who I can go to in a few weeks when I need my ground effects installed and they also gave us a recommended performance shop to install my CAI, catback, and eventually headers or whatever else I need.

Long story short, the Camaro is now in the garage and Fedex makes me sad.
Skeetss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
DjfunkmasterG
Indie Zombie Film King

Drives: 2011 LS M6
That sucks balls....

However I wanna see PICS... not of the damage but the car.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Wow. I'd be livid myself... I'm retentive about where I park my car and I know I'm very nervous every time I have to leave it on the side of the road...

oh.. and..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetss View Post
So I'm 16 and my dad recently bought me my first car, which happens to now be my baby. Its a 2011 2SS in RJT and I love it, even though I have to drive with him in the passenger seat for a month until I get my liscense.
That's just not even fair.... 1st car at 16 and you get an '11 2SS? WTF!

HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
DjfunkmasterG
Indie Zombie Film King

Drives: 2011 LS M6
My 1st car at 16 was a 1988 IROC-Z I did however save up for 6 years to buy my first car... lot of paper routes, shoevled driveways and a PT dishwashing job at families restaurant.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #5
Skeetss

Yeah it made me realize that it's not always going to be my fault and its not fair haha. Only pic I have at the moment because its in the shop.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Your dad bought you a 400+ hp car at your age? Hope you are a better driver than I was at that age, or you won't make your next birthday. Good luck!
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #7
Skeetss

Yeah I'm one of the most careful drivers I know haha. SLow is smooth and smooth is fast I think someone here said a few days ago. I broke the driving school total miles driven record WHILE going the speed limit
Old 10-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #8
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Angry

nice car, but I would have had FedEx pay for it, you could have found out which truck did it by which truck delivered your neighbors package. he was a witness that the truck was too close to you when he backed out. I find it hard to believe he did not know he backed into a stationary object like a car. I suggest you contact them and get some reimbursement from them asap!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:29 PM   #9
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
That sucks man, and from one teenager to another...drive safe, and for the love of God don't try to show off in front of the girls LOL, it's enough that you are driving in a camaro

What's funny is that it's actually been scientifically proven that men's testosterone levels jump when they drive a cool/fast car.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #10
ComayroLouver
{Enter Funny User Title}

Drives: Fathers '85 CJ-7 until i get my LS
Send a message via AIM to ComayroLouver
dude i hate u -.- lol jk, but i wud have left out the 16 part since we have some haters on here who wont hesitate to start some life lessons with you haha. i have learned this the hard way, just be 38 yrs old like the rest of the teenagers xD
ComayroLouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #11
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetss View Post

And heeeeere weee... go!
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #12
CHVY-2SS

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
If I hear another Daddy bought me a new Camaro story...I think I will PUKE! Sorry to hear about the car.
CHVY-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #13
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVY-2SS View Post
If I hear another Daddy bought me a new Camaro story...I think I will PUKE! Sorry to hear about the car.
Srsly. That's the second time I've posted that image for that very reason. I wanna see how many times I can squeeze it in before the year ends...
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #14
ComayroLouver
{Enter Funny User Title}

Drives: Fathers '85 CJ-7 until i get my LS
Send a message via AIM to ComayroLouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
Srsly. That's the second time I've posted that image for that very reason. I wanna see how many times I can squeeze it in before the year ends...
Hahahaha i thnk too many times
ComayroLouver is offline   Reply With Quote