Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-14-2009, 07:15 AM   #15
pfflyer

Drives: 10 SS 6M IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
Just wondering at this point will the R6P code matter. I mean if you got a r6p code but your car is a 30k VIN against somebody that doesnt have one that has a 20k VIN is the code going to matter?

To me its not going to mean anything anyways, just a way to make early orders feel special, but at this point I would just want the damn car and care less about that code.
You don't feel special? I do...ordered 10/15, the order wasn't even preferenced until 5/21, no welcome kit, and the best part, a price increase and upcharge for the color I ordered and not reflecting it on the sticker which is a battle I don't need to have with the dealer. Now QC, to which revolves around a transmission issue that was known way before today, and the hold could move delivery into August...maybe. After 30 some GM cars...I feel very special. I hope my sticker doesn't say R6P...I wouldn't want anyone to know how stupid I was.
06/30 - 4150
07/02 - 4D
07/24 - 4B
07/27 - 4D
07/28 - 4D
08/03 - 4B
08/05 - 42 ETTX852168
08/07 - Arrives Buffalo NY 3AM 08/08 - Depart Buffalo NY 7:43AM for Selkirk NY 08/08 - Arrives Selkirk NY 3:05 PM 08/11 - Arrives at Dealer 08/13 - Home at last
pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:22 AM   #16
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Any of you fellas get taken out to dinner first?
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:25 AM   #17
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_Rider View Post
ya, we've been wondering about all this too. Sure seems like GM would want to take care of folks who put money down. And like you said the vin #s are so far past what should have been pre-orders. proves to me they are only thinking the most dollars the quickest instead on long term integrity and reputation.
the face of greed in America at its best? :flag2:

COME ON GM, WE GOT THE MONEY DOWN, GOT THE DOWN PAYMENT SAVED, GOT THE GOOD CREDIT TO BUY THE DARN THING, LETS GET THESE CARS MADE AND TO THE PEOPLE WHO PRE-ORDERED

ordererd Jan 16
2ss sim auto 20" polished wheels sunroof
TPW July 13 ? where is my car
I notice you are new here. There is nobody here who fought more for R6P folks than me and I tried as much as humanly possible to get GM to reconsider the build order. I welcome you to search "R6P" posts by "Hylton" and that should take you a day to read through. You will have a very strong understanding of the situation if you do decide to read it all.

I think GM did listen to us and did attempt to build as many R6P orders as quickly as possible WITHIN the allocations earned by dealerships. This last statement is very important for all of you current R6P folks who have not yet received their car. You see - GM cannot build an order as soon as they receive it. THEY WANT TO BUT CANNOT!!!! Sounds oxy-moronic doesn't it?

One of the problems is that many R6P folks signed at a dealership which either a) had no allocation for your order or b) was in poor financial standing with GM. Had dealers disclosed this information, you most likely would have shopped somewhere else. Both these scenarios will cause your car NOT to be built. To make matters worse, GM is contractually bound to not tell you this information - something I think they must address in the new franchise agreements with the "New GM".

Dealerships which you ordered from MUST earn the allocation to build your order before GM can move your order into the production sequence. It's the dealership/franchise agreements as well as internal processes which prevent GM from doing exactly what you suggest. This is something that they would love to change and I believe are going to try and change. I am personally going to continue to influence change in this regard at GM and I would welcome anyone to join me.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:26 AM   #18
pfflyer

This is always worth reposting...my comments to Fritz Henderson's proclomation regarding how good upcoming product will be on GM inside news...
Attached Images

06/30 - 4150
07/02 - 4D
07/24 - 4B
07/27 - 4D
07/28 - 4D
08/03 - 4B
08/05 - 42 ETTX852168
08/07 - Arrives Buffalo NY 3AM 08/08 - Depart Buffalo NY 7:43AM for Selkirk NY 08/08 - Arrives Selkirk NY 3:05 PM 08/11 - Arrives at Dealer 08/13 - Home at last
Old 07-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #19
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
"influence change in this regard at GM and I would welcome anyone to join me"

And how can we help do this???

^^ Wow on the quote of the year ^^
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:38 AM   #20
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
"influence change in this regard at GM and I would welcome anyone to join me"

And how can we help do this???
You will need to voice your concerns with Fritz Henderson when the opportunity comes. In the next few weeks, Fritz will be setting up a blog to speak to you directly and I want all of you to the opportunity to state how the current allocation law/issue/policy has affected your perception of GM and why it's unacceptable. I will let you all know when it's up and running.

If he ignores us and does nothing, I promise you, the world will know.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:41 AM   #21
pfflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I notice you are new here. There is nobody here who fought more for R6P folks than me and I tried as much as humanly possible to get GM to reconsider the build order. I welcome you to search "R6P" posts by "Hylton" and that should take you a day to read through. You will have a very strong understanding of the situation if you do decide to read it all.

I think GM did listen to us and did attempt to build as many R6P orders as quickly as possible WITHIN the allocations earned by dealerships. This last statement is very important for all of you current R6P folks who have not yet received their car. You see - GM cannot build an order as soon as they receive it. THEY WANT TO BUT CANNOT!!!! Sounds oxy-moronic doesn't it?

One of the problems is that many R6P folks signed at a dealership which either a) had no allocation for your order or b) was in poor financial standing with GM. Both these scenarios will cause your car NOT to be built. To make matters worse, GM is contractually bound to not tell you this information - something I think they must address in the new franchise agreements with the "New GM".

Dealerships which you ordered from MUST earn the allocation to build your order before GM can move your order into the production sequence. It's the dealership/franchise agreements as well as internal processes which prevent GM from doing exactly what you suggest. This is something that they would love to change and I believe are going to try and change. I am personally going to continue to influence change in this regard at GM and I would welcome anyone to join me.
Hylton, I commend you and Larry for your heroic efforts and change you have affected. But a reality check here...I work for a manufacturing based company group that is now probably larger than GM. Changing culture is impossible from the inside let alone from outside over the web. This is simple...dealer allocations, ranking, and all the BS regarding that does not matter to the customer. First come, first serve works. I continue to voice my opinion, and it's only opinion, but I don't think Rick Hendrick, Dale Earnhardt, and Jay Leno's cars did alot for the launching of this product. For those of us that made the cutoff and finally got built before July 3, we are now facing 30 or more...many more days in QC? I know the ideal liberal view is "be happy they will build it right"..and "patience gets it's reward"...Bull, this is a huge huge let down and possibly forces some to have to look at this car in the driveway (someday) and only remember what a terrible process this has been. Talk about red headed step child...god, lets stop the peace, love and brown rice and positive reinforcement crap and get some answers. Again, if it wasn't for you, we wouldn't know anything and that is greatly appreciated. But, GM needs to react and compensate now. This does wonders in light of the 20/20 presentation last Friday night. For the first time, I am starting to feel embarassed for have 3 GM cars in my driveway for fear that it is a reflection on my ability to judge.
06/30 - 4150
07/02 - 4D
07/24 - 4B
07/27 - 4D
07/28 - 4D
08/03 - 4B
08/05 - 42 ETTX852168
Old 07-14-2009, 07:41 AM   #22
BlackCamaroSS
Old school SS, junior

Drives: Many; all Chevrolet
Edit: Excellent post directly above mine^

Nice post, Hylton, and I think you hit the nail on the head:

Quote:

... internal processes which prevent GM from doing exactly what you suggest.
"Internal processes" is a euphemism for "failure". "Internal processes" are just that: "internal", and can be changed if warranted or desired.

Unfortunately, in the bureaucracy of this company, just as in so many other bureaucracies, the tendancy to cling to old, bad habits and practices, despite the outcry of the public, is endemic.

I'm sick of the Kool Aid; GM had a golden opportunity to get it right, and they have failed MISERABLY at many, many levels. People can keep defending them all they want, but all I can think of is the old fable of 'The King's New Clothes'.

Last edited by BlackCamaroSS; 07-14-2009 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Acknowledge the great post by pfflyer
BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:41 AM   #23
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
I'd like to be part of that, I hope Fritz is sitting down when he reads these
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:42 AM   #24
towmoe

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro
Quote:

One of the problems is that many R6P folks signed at a dealership which either a) had no allocation for your order or b) was in poor financial standing with GM. Had dealers disclosed this information, you most likely would have shopped somewhere else. Both these scenarios will cause your car NOT to be built. To make matters worse, GM is contractually bound to not tell you this information - something I think they must address in the new franchise agreements with the "New GM".

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I ordered 10/15/08. My dealer had 25 real allocations. I was number 16. I still don't have a car and it is now in QC with the tranny problem. Call the pre-order what is was a bunch of BS. I will NEVER pre-order another car from GM or any other car manufacturer.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:44 AM   #25
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
I'd like to be part of that, I hope Fritz is sitting down when he reads these
The more we all post our personal experience, the more he would be willing to listen.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #26
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by towmoe View Post
Wrong, wrong, wrong. I ordered 10/15/08. My dealer had 25 real allocations. I was number 16. I still don't have a car and it is now in QC with the tranny problem. Call the pre-order what is was a bunch of BS. I will NEVER pre-order another car from GM or any other car manufacturer.
2 questions for you -

How do you know your dealership got 25 real allocations and how do you know that your dealership is in good standing financially with GM?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #27
Husker

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM LS3
Sure am glad I was the first to order from my dealer who had an allocation of nine. To me it means a lot.
Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:51 AM   #28
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfflyer View Post
Hylton, I commend you and Larry for your heroic efforts and change you have affected. But a reality check here...I work for a manufacturing based company group that is now probably larger than GM. Changing culture is impossible from the inside let alone from outside over the web.
Pete, that is exactly Fritz Hendersons ultimate goal and responsibility in this new GM. Just read my sig! Let's just say we are going to help him achieve his goal.